users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Possibly could be #1 MMO if remastered :D
Possibly could be #1 MMO if remastered :D
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-29 21:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat this game years ago back when the level cap was 75. Got dragoon to cap in the worst era of FFXI to date for leveling.

Everything after that point is like replaying the game with cheat modes activated.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2017-11-12 03:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Shiva.Spynx said: »
A remaster is not going to happen obviously (even the mobile is not even mentioned any more)
Actually there has been some recent semi news on it. Seems it Nexon's most recent investment presentation still has it and it's been moved up in priority

http://www.gamingunion.net/interviews/2017/an-interview-with-naoki-yoshida-about-final-fantasy-xiv-final-fantasy-xi-mobile-more
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-13 18:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Naoki Yoshida said:
Basically, Final Fantasy XIV is balanced mathematically. The formula for the battles is quite simple as we can actually set the maximum DPS and then add the percentage of leeway we want. For example, if we set a high threshold, we know that going beyond that would make the battle impossible to beat. Based on the simple formula, it’s easy for us to make content in this way.

The people then involved with the balancing are the battle and planning teams and their player skill is really, really high. The debug is done by another team, but the balancing and adjusting is done by the battle and planning teams. They play the content, phase by phase and they test it to see if it’s physically possible to clear it.

It’s why only those who have high player skill can be part of the development team, especially when it comes to monsters and battles in Final Fantasy XIV.

Contrary to what others claim about FF14 being a WoW clone, it definitely has grown its own style with Yoshida at the helm. I also now understand why they lock out casual players with the item level requirements before you can enter higher tier/end game dungeons.

Gaming Union said:
Do you see a time where Final Fantasy XI will stop, and there would be room for another Final Fantasy MMORPG alongside Final Fantasy XIV?
Naoki said:
My personal point of view is that having multiple MMO within one company is a bit unnatural. But, of course, as long as there are players out there loving and playing Final Fantasy XI, then we will continue this service.

I read that as "As long as players keep paying we will keep the power to the servers on." ><
By Draylo 2017-11-13 18:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

XIV is garbage compared to XI, such a shame people can't see past pretty graphics. They should devote all resources to XI. :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-11-15 05:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost no one would come back to FFXI even if they fixed everything wrong with it. Revitalizing FFXI would require a full rework of the engine, graphical assets update, character reset, and advertising campaign.
 Asura.Rathood
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rathood 2017-11-15 05:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

DaNTE333 said: »
Im sure FF11 will recover at least 50% of the playerbase if they add two features

1.- Create Duty-Finder to Omen, Escha, Unity, Ambuscade, Dynamis, High LV battlegrounds and Reinsejima.

2.- A lv75 retail server with RoZ, CoP, ToAH, WotG: Having as well duty finder, all jobs unlocked included Geo, Run, Limit break quests unlocked by default

3.- Duty Finder will have a team-comp 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 Support and 3 DPS

This analogy will surprise everyone but........

FFXI is like OVERWATCh you need to fill multiple roles all time if you "ONE-TRICK" nobody will allow you join to their premade groups.

No Duty finder look what happened to WOW and FFXIV
 Asura.Rathood
By Asura.Rathood 2017-11-15 05:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
XIV is garbage compared to XI, such a shame people can't see past pretty graphics. They should devote all resources to XI. :)

FFXIV is the gold digger Girl that only wants pretty things from you :) (FFXI is your real love :)
 Asura.Rathood
By Asura.Rathood 2017-11-15 05:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They can just Create a whole game with POL like FFXI-2 (same old concepts from grouping to Enviornment interactions and FFXI2 (in another planet just like vanadiel and gaia is a planet in the FFVerse
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 07:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the top thing on your list really Expert Roulette? The 24 man raids are meant to be a jokes, that's why the gear from there are always 20 ilvls away from cap. None of that is end game or even mid, that's just a list of the most basic things to do solo. High end groups definitely follow a set weekly schedule for events, and just like in any other MMO the hardest part is getting in.

Blizzard is all about customer service, hence giving in to vanilla servers. Square has always been about the experience that's built around a good story followed by meaningless grinding. The glory days of FFXI ended when players got "sick" from fighting PW for 18+ hours and made Yahoo news. (Details of FFXI's black eye can be found at Rukenshin's Livejournal.) Everything after that was designed around easy mode.

PS: The classic ffxi "glory days" game calendar looked more like Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - Nidhogg/Tiamat/KB (and later on) Ixi/SW camping 24/7.

"Shotgun blast" Nidhogg POP. {Dragon's Aery}{Gather together.}
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-15 08:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just find someone level 75 level sync and do all the old content.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 08:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It still wouldn't be the same experience with all the formula/job patches they have done over the years. The joys of Mazurka tanking are forever lost.

When you think about it the odd job combinations (NIN/DRK RDM/NIN w/ Ceremony blades, RDM/BLU, BRD/PLD etc) that made FFXI different and require strategy have been nerfed to hell. They purposely killed the fun, bad customer service.
By Justuas 2017-11-15 08:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Compared with FF11 glory days you could play

Monday Dynamis + Sky farm pop-items
Tuesday Limbus + Einherjar
Wednesday Sky killing gods + Sea Farming
Thursday KSNM99 or ZNM + Nyzul
Who got time to do that ***on weekdays? Also pretty sure the glory days are now since there's more variety now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 08:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There was nothing more glorious than watching someone pull darters.

I'd call this the "golden years" of ffxi. I see this game like a HoF fighter that has had an excellent career. It's past it's prime but its still got one more good fight left in it.
By fonewear 2017-11-15 08:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
It still wouldn't be the same experience with all the formula/job patches they have done over the years. The joys of Mazurka tanking are forever lost.

When you think about it the odd job combinations (NIN/DRK RDM/NIN w/ Ceremony blades, RDM/BLU, BRD/PLD etc) that made FFXI different and require strategy have been nerfed to hell. They purposely killed the fun, bad customer service.

If you don't like the game then quit cause what you are asking for is not going to happen.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 08:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm curious, what am I asking for?
By fonewear 2017-11-15 08:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know this thread happens almost ever day on here. People always looking to the glory days. Thinking everything was amazing in 2004 03 etc. Why people want to constantly re live the glory days on a barely there MMO are beyond me. Either play or don't play.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 08:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All I've given is my interpretation of the "glory days" (aka time sink) 04/05-ish vs their (what seems) 07/08-ish schedule and why Blizzard caved into demands. Anyone hoping for a vanilla FFXI server is a damn fool if they are forgetting how long things actually took to get done, hence the 18hr PW reference. That's what FFXI really used to be, why go back to dangling carrots.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-15 08:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree anyone that play the game back in the day will tell you no game should make you run constantly to get things done. Hell you would spent a majority of your time trying to get places. That is just bad game design. SE for all it's faults realizes that most people that play online games these days are casual. If they catered to the hardcore players only...they would miss out on a lot of money. So they try to balance content to fit what the players need. And for me they do a decent job of providing enough content to satisfy most players.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 08:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, the old Everquest style of grinding just doesn't fit anymore, but that's primarily what added to the rivalries linkshells had back then. The fun was in out-claiming the other guys but it wasn't fun when a Ridill or D-ring didn't drop again for the 300th time. While I do miss great odd ball combinations like PLD/BST the trade offs that come with un-patching the game back to classic 75 eras isn't worth it.
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-11-15 09:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don’t see a problem with the game where it’s at now. The latest thing that kinda ruined some endgame is SMN burn, but it’s not the end of the world, don’t like it don’t do it. The graphics aren’t the problem I’d say if anything it’s lack of new expansions. But content is being released, new gear, campaigns. I think the game is fine where it’s at.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-15 09:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My biggest problem currently is the gear on the AH leaves a lot to be desired. Yes I think the best gear should be rare/ex but for the love of God give us a reason to buy armor weapons on the AH.
By Justuas 2017-11-15 09:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
My biggest problem currently is the gear on the AH leaves a lot to be desired. Yes I think the best gear should be rare/ex but for the love of God give us a reason to buy armor weapons on the AH.
Aren't some su3 gear pretty good tho
By fonewear 2017-11-15 09:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
fonewear said: »
Aren't some su3 gear pretty good tho

Yea but the majority of the things people want are rare/ex and kinda defeats AH weapons/gear.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 09:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest thing SE could do for FFXI right now would be to implement cross server player searches and allow for cross world parties.

They should also add the Congested Server/Free Transfer to Preferred worlds gimmick they have going in 14 to increase a few subs. Last I checked its something like double exp + a million gil or some junk for new players started on/transferred to said Preferred Worlds.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-15 09:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
The biggest thing SE could do for FFXI right now would be to implement cross server player searches and allow for cross world parties.

They should also add the Congested Server/Free Transfer to Preferred worlds gimmick they have going in 14 to increase a few subs. Last I checked its something like double exp + a million gil or some junk for new players started on/transferred to said Preferred Worlds.

They won't do cross server parties etc cause that would require too much work...at that point they might as well work on an expansion.

Even if all they did was a cross server AH it would help out lower populations from having to transfer to buy gear that is never on the AH....which will never happen.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-15 09:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
So for 90% of the playerbase the above steps is the daily routine.

No, it's not. There are more than four things to do. Even for a casual player.
By fonewear 2017-11-15 09:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with 14 is they create content to make it obsolete too fast. There is no point in getting excited about gear etc. When in a few months it will be obsolete. They need to use FFXI system of long term goals of gear / weapons. REMA etc.
[+]