Ambuscade Volume 1 - August 2017
 Asura.Warusha
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-08-07 07:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Oh yeah Papesse, the Mamool one was pretty annoying too.
I spent like 1+ hr trying to do VD and D yesterday with my friends and we utterly failed.
Some things I noticed:

1) Level-up - I don't think it's strictly connected to the use of WS. My friends claimed they didn't see a Levelup each time they WSed and that sometimes they were levelling up on their own randomly. One thing I noticed is a Sahagin that popped, went straight for the WHM with no levelup, after 1 or 2 hits he went for the RUN and on the way to him he levelled down. Wut? He had just popped...

2) Landing Silence - Not sure on the exact number of debuffs required because we had multiple people casting debuffs. I was landing 4 songs, then GEO was using Frazzle, Distract, Impact, and we were also sticking Blind, Slow and Paralyze. Past a certain point you don't seem to get a bonus in the landing rate of Silence. Speaking of which, landing it the first time is super easy, from the second onwards it gets harder, to the point where even with Wind Threnody II, Macc food and Idris Focus, we were still having issues landing it despite getting the right "message" in the chat log. We attempted to do a (D) run after, and strangely enough I didn't really notice any big difference from (VD), as in after the first landing time of Silence, it got progressively harder. Songs always landed 100% of the times on all targets, lullabies included.

3) Accuracy - Not sure on the TP gear my friends were using or their food, but for VD with Marcato Honor March and 2x Madrigal, they were a bit under 30% accuracy. With Soul Voice they were above 94% just fine. Despite SV and 5 songs and an accuracy that was just fine, they were having issues killing those adds. We only killed a few and they were ignoring the Kraken, who was being tanked by the RUN (with Elegy and Slow on)

4) Adds - Kraken pops only in (VD) it seems

5) Enemy buffs - it can take some time to re-silence the boss. In that meantime he can land several powerful songs on the adds. It's not really feasible for the BRD to cast Finale multiple times on all of them, you just have no bloody time. Maybe a BLU with AoE dispel would help, I dunno.

6) Immunobreak - Neither me nor my friends ever seen a single Immuunobreak for Silence on the megaboss. Not sure if it's just a coincidence but I bet it's not

Couldn't notice anything else in our several attempts. Looked like a very annoying fight but I'm not sure what was making the enemies so durable (there has to be some other key at play other than "level up"?) and the strange resistance on the Boss

I haven't been able to do a VD run yet, but on D, I think silence can be applied after 4 debuffs. Both dia and bio can be applied, strangely. Silence can have immunobreak proc. I've seen it happen exactly once. I'd recommend entrust indi-torpor in addition to madrigal. IMO there should be a rotation of debuffs from each support based on how much magic accuracy they have. Two people casting slow is a collosal waste.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-08-07 08:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't notice anything else in our several attempts. Looked like a very annoying fight but I'm not sure what was making the enemies so durable (there has to be some other key at play other than "level up"?) and the strange resistance on the Boss

We had considered that they had DT + Major Evasion for each mob pulled away from Songstress. We thought pulling away would've made things simpler, but if this was the case, we were gonna just try to sleep things close-ish and prepare for Cleansing Bubbles to resleep. Regardless, we always went and SP'd every fight since resetting didn't take long and it made the fight far more manageable. We also wouldn't drop Wilt on VD since with Hate Reset being possible, we didn't want our DDs to get blind-sided by a full fledged Mighty Strikes Cross-Attack or Melee Attack from Kraken since its Multi-hit rate is rediculous.

About level ups, we figured each mob had their own level up mechanic. We also saw them level up upon waking which we did with Dia II but it was difficult to confirm. But whatever it was, we had chalked it up to an anti-zerg mechanism since cooperation and coordination are definitely required for this month. About the Bio Aura, I'm almost positive the Bio Aura is tied to debuffs on the Songstress. Maybe one of my team-mates could chime up and confirm, but if Silence is on, there shouldn't be a Bio aura to level them down. But leaving them alone and resleeping (which would be done next to the BRD anyways as to not waste time with placement) caused them to level down.

I did neglect to mention that the BRD could Virelai if she used Soul Voice lol.

Edit: Just rememebered that the Bio Aura is actually arena-wide. I forgot that while weakened, the SAM and I tried to find a place where Bio wouldn't affect us and we couldn't get away from it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-07 09:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We initially fought at distance, found the fight too hard and on successive runs fought close to the megaboss.

We didn't notice any difference at all, other than it was of course easier for me to resleep mobs.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-07 09:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warusha said: »
I haven't been able to do a VD run yet, but on D, I think silence can be applied after 4 debuffs.
You get a "message" when she can be silenced, it appears in the chatbox.

Yet in spite of that we were having serious issues in lading it after the first couple of times, regardless of the amounts of debuff landed and getting the message.
We had to resort to Idris Focus and even that didn't prove enough after a while.
Not sure what was happening.

My macc gear is not BiS but it's pretty damn good :x

As for acc, their acc was super fine with SV Madrigals on VD, and didn't even need Soul Voice to cap acc on D
Don't ask me how much acc our DDs had before songs because I have no clue xD
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-07 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

When the mobs are more than ~10-15 yalms away from the boss, they take roughly half damage. I'm not sure if that's from PDT (making it unavoidable) or from defense (making it avoidable with enough defense down and attack up), though.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-08-07 11:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet in spite of that we were having serious issues in lading it after the first couple of times, regardless of the amounts of debuff landed and getting the message.
We had to resort to Idris Focus and even that didn't prove enough after a while.
Not sure what was happening.

My macc gear is not BiS but it's pretty damn good :x

As for acc, their acc was super fine with SV Madrigals on VD, and didn't even need Soul Voice to cap acc on D
Don't ask me how much acc our DDs had before songs because I have no clue xD

Not sure exactly what our support's M.Acc sets look like, but if it helps, everytime the Songstress uses Cleansing Bubbles, she removes around 19 debuffs from herself. I can tell you though that we've used Stewpots each run and my DRK spells bounce off everything. Drain literally does nothing even with Dark Seal + Nether Void, so I save those for opening on the Kraken with Absorb-Acc.

I did learn that stealing mob songs with Absorb-Attri will overwrite your own BRD's songs lol. Lost my Honor March for a pitiful Valor Minuet V ;_;.

Also don't forget, BRD gets a lot of Resist Silence traits, our support have said that it's been ***-blocking them at times. It's like trying to sleep a PLD.
By Taint 2017-08-07 12:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

BGwiki has the full strat up.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-08-07 13:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
When the mobs are more than ~10-15 yalms away from the boss, they take roughly half damage. I'm not sure if that's from PDT (making it unavoidable) or from defense (making it avoidable with enough defense down and attack up), though.
It's a gradual DT based on the distance. Night Terror goes from 5k to 4k > 3k > 2k > 1k the more the target is pulled away from the BRD.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-07 13:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So I ain't started with Ambuscade this month yet. I'm guessing it's easier to spam VD Regular than it is to do D or higher on Intense? We have the players to do Intense .. I think, but is it too slow? Seen a video of Marlboro dying in seconds, whereas some have said it takes considerably longer to kill the Sahagins .. as long as 10+ mins in some cases.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-07 13:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
So I ain't started with Ambuscade this month yet. I'm guessing it's easier to spam VD Regular than it is to do D or higher on Intense? We have the players to do Intense .. I think, but is it too slow? Seen a video of Marlboro dying in seconds, whereas some have said it takes considerably longer to kill the Sahagins .. as long as 10+ mins in some cases.

There's a learning curve for Volume 1 this month for sure, and thus far our group has mostly just stuck with Intense D spamming. Overall the entire fight only takes a few minutes, which is still good.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-08-07 13:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If it takes you 10+ minutes to kill Malboro you probably aren't equipped to even beat Easy intense
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-07 13:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
If it takes you 10+ minutes to kill Malboro you probably aren't equipped to even beat Easy intense
He said he's heard of Sahagins taking 10+ minutes; I'm not sure how you got him saying Malboro takes him 10+ minutes out of that.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-08-07 13:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
He said he's heard of Sahagins taking 10+ minutes; I'm not sure how you got him saying Malboro takes him 10+ minutes out of that.
For some reason my mind added than the sahagins lol. Disregard. Regardless Malboro is much faster to kill but getting the planetoids can be a pain as often see people blatantly botting mandies right in czeik all day
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-07 14:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

There's a learning curve for Volume 1 this month for sure, and thus far our group has mostly just stuck with Intense D spamming. Overall the entire fight only takes a few minutes, which is still good.

Oh good .. if intense D is only a few mins a kill my group can live with that. Last months Intense took a little bit longer and it was fine. Cheers dude.

And no .. I definitely meant the Sahagins. If it took us 10+ mins to kill the Marlboro we should stop doing Ambuscade altogether.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-07 14:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

Oh good .. if intense D is only a few mins a kill my group can live with that. Last months Intense took a little bit longer and it was fine. Cheers dude.

And no .. I definitely meant the Sahagins. If it took us 10+ mins to kill the Marlboro we should stop doing Ambuscade altogether.

I'd definitely take a look at the posted strategies first before you jump into it. The mechanics are sometimes fickle and unpredictable, so you'll need people to pay attention.

IMO, the speed at which the aura is consistently removed makes or breaks this months Ambuscade.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-07 14:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless Malboro is much faster to kill but getting the planetoids can be a pain as often see people blatantly botting mandies right in czeik all day

There are exp giving Goobues and Korrigans close to Boyahda Tree HP#1, plenty for a couple groups but could get overcamped if it's really busy.

Yorcia is an option too, snapweeds, treants, funguars, etc. Slightly more annoying since they aren't RIGHT on the HP (but there are plantoids not that far), but if you're willing to use bivouacs I'm sure there must be a decent camp for KI farming.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-08-07 14:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Proto Waypoint to the Boyadha Tree. It puts you right in the middle of plenty of mandies for the KI.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-08-10 23:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ok after messing with it more we got D down to about 3min kill time RUN BLU WHM BRD GEO SAM and use MMM resets, COR mule resets, or SPs every 45mins to beat VD. Haven't tried with Shock Squall yet though to see if we can do it without SPs. F this month still though~

Edit: we're messing around with CFH to see if it affects whether the respawning mobs maintain their levels at the point they died, or not (start back at their base levels). Not sure if it's helping, will test this out more~

CDC-->Kasha--->Savage--->Fudo, they usually die to the BLU's Savage, and if 4 step happens it kills them even through their Regen when aura is up, even on VD
[+]
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-08-11 00:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way to kill this for solo is to kill all adds at the same time. VE and E seem doable with certain jobs. Once all adds are dead, the main BRD Sahagin is no longer invincible. I was able to kill both adds then immediately zerg down the main NM which had 50% HP left. You have maybe 1 minute to do this before it respawns one of the adds which puts the invincible shield back up. Hope this helps.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-11 07:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
CDC-->Kasha--->Savage--->Fudo, they usually die to the BLU's Savage, and if 4 step happens it kills them even through their Regen when aura is up, even on VD

I love seeing more people incorporate a multi-step SC involving multiple DD's. Seems to be the best way to kill stuff this month.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-11 18:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Best way to kill this for solo is to kill all adds at the same time. VE and E seem doable with certain jobs. Once all adds are dead, the main BRD Sahagin is no longer invincible. I was able to kill both adds then immediately zerg down the main NM which had 50% HP left. You have maybe 1 minute to do this before it respawns one of the adds which puts the invincible shield back up. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips, I gave this a try solo VE on BLU to get my monthly seal and won on my 2nd try. First try the MNK raped me with counters+1h. Second run I just killed DRG right away and switched to MNK that I just kept stun-locked with sudden lunge (lasted forever) and went down pretty fast. After both adds were down the MB was down to like 33% and died in 1 SC.

Not really a strat but for people who were planning to just skip the month, it would be nice to at least get the monthly seal
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-24 23:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's almost over for this month, but I just need to vent this frustration.

There are a dozen shouts for this V1 E-N and they fail miserably. It's pathetic. Look, everyone is already joining on blu, *** stun the MNK mobs. Sudden Lunge is already in your magic set, just use the damn spell.

1 Stun is usually enough to drop whichever mob you're attacking currently. Don't stand there and eat counters like a dipshit. Stun it. Please. For Christs sake.

This is a 60 second deal and groups are *** wiping to it. (on the brightside, soloing is down pretty dramatically this time, so yay.)
By geigei 2017-08-25 03:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I tribox E easily, the reward/time ratio sucks tho, can't find anyone to spam D.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-25 03:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, this month is incredibly easy, thats why the frustration. It's pathetic.
By zaxtiss 2017-08-25 08:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so whats the main strat for this one ?
By Gunshin 2017-08-29 06:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you still struggling to find a good start for this, here we go...
First off party setup, found best for my groups was:
SAM NIN PLD BRD GEO WHM
THIS IS AN EXTREMELY HARD FIGHT
You will need fairly good damage gear for melee but accuracy is not much of an issue unless your kill time is slow and they get buffs stacked. First off buffs, GEO: GEO frailty/indi fury/entrust wilt. BRD: honor, march, minx2.
When starting the fight have pld run in sentinel palisade for enmity and pull the mobs to entry corner away from main, sleep all in corner with nt.
Then have GEO dot hydrophile first and pull it back on top of the main boss, make sure your GEO is sticking rebuffs then silence on the main if dmg is an issue. SAM and nin will 3 step instant kill the smalls using shoha shun shoha for radiance. Brd will focus on sleeping adds and repops. Once the hydrophile is dead ONLY fight flowspears and make sure the nin and SAM,keep shadows up to avoid getting stunned and interrupting skillchain. The whm is actually the hardest part of this fight as it is extremely cure heavy. With decent gear and a smart group D should take 5 to 10 min and vs should take 10ish min. This is a start that does not require 1hrs, with 1hrs fights was extremely short.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-08-29 07:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH might be the better healer for this. Regen V in full potency set takes a big bite out of the DOT, and SCH has the macc to help land dispels and enfeebs/silence.

Also, shadow tanking can mitigate hate resets and keep your DD's from facing Hundred Fists/Counter. RUN/NIN works great. PLD/NIN probably works fine as well.
By Gunshin 2017-08-29 07:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The hate reset is not the issue here, only the stun effects the fight, shadows block that with 2 and make the fight much easier. The sch would have to be exceptional, or you can just use any whm mile and spam curaga3 worked just fine, but definitely a cure heavy fight. Leo on d/vs I highly doubt your healer will have time to do rebuffs for the majority of players. Good old just spans cures for hate just there to give mages a small rest
By Gunshin 2017-08-29 07:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

But if you can get some winsd with other strays I definitely think they should all be posted, you may help someone