New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ivory Wing Talisman #2 Problem
Ivory Wing Talisman #2 Problem
By Tarage 2017-08-01 15:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I'm working towards getting the Golden Shovel Cordon and I've run into an issue where I am unable to get the second Ivory Wing Talisman. I've done every quest listed on the BG wiki, but I can't get the KI. I've even double checked my completed quests and all 11 are listed. I can post screenshots as well.

It Sets My Heart Aflutter
Talk About Wrinkly Skin
Did You Feel That?
Hide and Go Peak
It Never Goes Out of Style
Water, Water, Everywhere
Dirt Cheap
Flower Power
Breaking the Ice
No Love Lost
Lerene's Lament

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Has anyone else experienced this?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2017-08-01 16:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look in your KI's do you have one Ivory Wing Talisman already?
By Tarage 2017-08-01 16:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I only have one. I thought there were multiple. Was I mistaken?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2017-08-01 16:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The Wiki text definitely indicates you will get another once you complete those other 11 quests. I don't personally have this so I can't verify but perhaps someone else could. It may be that there is an additional requirement that isn't listed. We don't normally get these sorts of things confirmed by SE so it usually depends on reports like yours where you've meet all the listed requirements but still can't obtain. It also could be something silly but that's probably not very much help toward troubleshooting why it won't give it to you.

Anytime you get multiple of the same named KI's they will just show multiple entries right next to each other so we can at least confirm that you haven't gotten it since it isn't showing up.
By Tarage 2017-08-01 17:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was thinking there might be a requirement elsewhere, like a quest that was listed in one of the other sections, but I'm running out of those. I've completed nearly all of them except for some of the mog garden ones. If I end up completing every quest but I still don't have it I'll be stumped. I'm even doing the proto waypoints ones just in case.
 Asura.Ricciardo
Server: Asura
user: Ricciardo
By Asura.Ricciardo 2017-08-01 18:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got mine after completing all coalitions and the quests in and outside adoulin. Keep doing all quests and coalitions. Eventually you'll get the KI.
By fillerbunny9 2017-08-01 18:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall having issues with this last year as well, but I do not remember what it was that fixed it. I was going through and doing all Coalitions all ranks all Assignments completed at least once, etc.

triple check your quests, make absolutely sure there isn't one you've missed, try maybe branching out to Coalition Assignments, etc. there's likely something insignificant you missed throwing a wrench into the works.
By Tarage 2017-08-01 18:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah like I said I'm going to do everything eventually. I'm almost done with my mog garden to the point where all I'll have left is monster rearing and coalitions left.
By Tarage 2017-08-02 00:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, so... turns out I'm the idiot. In looking over my quests for the 7th time, I decided to also go back and check the quests from the first set. Turns out I was missing one. I swear I got the first talisman before I completed all of the second tier quests, but since the rewards are the same, who knows?

Anyway, mystery solved. GG me.