Forum » FFXI » General » Mistress_of_Ceremonies Quest
Mistress_of_Ceremonies Quest
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2017-07-31 23:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for testimonials for Dullahan NM, Headless Torturer.

ive been trying to solo with trusts, ive got him down to 10% twice then he AOEs spams his special ability and kills Ingrid.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-08-01 02:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yup, i've tried the fight a few times. from what i've gathered, he just stops taking damage because the thing he buffs himself with includes a powerful stoneskin. so maybe try going as something that dispels. i haven't bothered to go back to test my theory just yet. lol
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2017-08-01 19:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

First i went on PLD, got to 20% before i couldnt keep up with cures for both myself and Indira. trust would run out of mp. that 0 damage was a dragging the fight.

Therefore, i been going BRD for finale. Like you've said that was my theory too. I could remove his defense boost to help with damage against the stoneskin but couldn't remove it. My problem then become hes 10 spamming magic aoe, that nearly one shot my tank trusts, and leave ingrid dead in a 2 or 3 attack rounds.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-08-01 19:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done it personally, but reading the jp wiki, it says that ingrid has to cast banish or use a WS on it to remove the damage reduction.

Also, what trusts are you using? It mentions that AOE heals like selhteus and arciela should hit ingrid which should improve her survivability.