Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 14:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

1. 15,000 Non-MB Nuke
2. 30,000 Magic Burst,
3. 30,000 WS Damage

Which one are you referring to that works with skillchain damage? We already knew you could do #3 with skillchain dmg. #2 doesn't work. From your post above, it sounds like you were able to land a 15,000 non-MB nuke by using a skillchain damage to complete it. Like I said, I haven't noticed this, so if this is something new I may have missed, please advise. You specifically stated the below, in reference to #1 above.

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
skillchain damage can be used for the 15k magic damage non-mb in case no one knows.

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Yea I triggered doing entro>cr>cata. As long as its magical damage and non-mb it counts. Melted the transcended so I was lucky it had just enough hp to survive and get a hit in to kill
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 14:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I could very easily be mistaking the #1 with the #3 my apologies
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 14:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Np I'm just making sure I wasnt skipping an objective I could have been hitting.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 14:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea trying to do the magic ones on drk is a bit tricky. Thankfully can mb drains and aspirs but unless there's a trust that can hit the big ones I let them go. Sorry for the confusion earlier
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-23 05:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

More runs:

3 failed objs ==> 8 cards
0 fialed objs ==> 8 cards
5 failed objs ==> 8 cards
1 failed objs ==> 8 cards

(wtf? lol)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-23 13:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I had 8 cards delivered to me out of game! Love this campaign :p almost 4/5+3 on drk, can you guess which piece is last? Lol
By geigei 2017-07-23 13:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Again Kei run, 6 cards 0 obj failed.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-24 16:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

More runs:

2 failed objs => 7 cards (wut)
0 failed objs => 9 cards

Has anybody ever broke up the 9 cards cap?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-07-24 18:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

for some reason a 35k isn't enough damage for the 30k was objective. Yes it had hp remaining afterwards. Really annoying.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-24 21:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
for some reason a 35k isn't enough damage for the 30k was objective. Yes it had hp remaining afterwards. Really annoying.

I was waiting on someone else to point this out. I actually had this happen to me several times where the game did not register my damage on an objective. It's buggy and I can't understand why. Did over 30k on a skillchain and the monster survived, and none of the damage was calculated.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-24 21:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You sure it's not something as simple as you misread the 30k MB as 30k WS? I've never noticed any problem with the WS dmg not registering...
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-07-24 21:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We did the 30k mb on a different mob and at the end it specifically stated that I did not do a 30k we.
By whitemage 2017-07-24 21:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

9 cards
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-07-24 22:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

I've had this issue maybe 4-5 times. Just redo it sadly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-24 23:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
You sure it's not something as simple as you misread the 30k MB as 30k WS? I've never noticed any problem with the WS dmg not registering...

No, im certain it's a glitch. Because I retry it on another and it works. Another time I noticed it not working is during magic bursts. Wyvern breath can actually proc the MB objective. but occasionally it won't register. I specifically remember seeing the magic burst message from my wyvern and didn't get credit, but other times it would. It's quirky.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-07-24 23:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
More runs:

2 failed objs => 7 cards (wut)
0 failed objs => 9 cards

Has anybody ever broke up the 9 cards cap?

Campaign might not do anything for the bonus card on final floor. If so, the max would be 8-9 instead of 9-10.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-25 01:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the maximum has gotta be 9 yeah.

Also I still don't understand how it works in the Ou path floor.
Many times when you complete the floor objective you get 2 cards at the same time instead of just one.
This doesn't happen on the other floors, anybody knows the reason?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-25 01:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The 3rd floor of the card path gives bonus points for all objectives, optional or main. Sometimes it's enough to give you 2nd card worth.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-07-25 04:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally solo or duo with a friend when card farming, but have recently joined some shout runs on support role jobs to have an easier time hitting objectives on them. This has been a very different experience, to say the least.

I keep running into shout groups full of not that great players who full clear each floor, even when the main objective is just killing the transcended mobs. I've always just finished my bonus objectives and then the main objective for each floor.

One of them bitched me out for advancing a floor with 9 sweetwaters left, saying that it will affect their bonus cards. That's weird, I get bonus cards at a decent rate doing it my way. This guy, though, shouts for a PUG run nearly every day...

Are they *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and wasting time every single day, or am I wrong for doing so?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-25 04:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if it's the third floor, all mobs count towards cards, otherwise no it shouldn't.

Then again, if it's a full alliance, considering you generally require more mobs to complete additional objectives, full clearing other floors vs not doing so is probably not going to affect you by more than 5-7 minutes and you get a little bonus xp/cp out of it.

So yes, it's probably wasting time, but since you don't really have to worry about being able to complete it in time and it's not a huge difference you probably don't need to stress about a wasted 5 minutes that much. (I guess it's possible they suck so much it's longer than 5 minutes but I haven't personally run into any alliances that bad so I can't say.)
By Bahadir 2017-07-25 04:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know every single kill (on each floor) yields Omens which are somehow related to card drops. While to my knowledge its not clear exactly how they are related it makes sense to get as many Omens as possible anyways. So clearing the floors on a card run (where it doesnt matter time wise) sounds reasonable.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-25 04:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They stated that only kills on the 3rd floor contribute to cards. I've also never seen a regular kill on the 1st/2nd floor give you a card.

It's pretty explicit in japanese, the english post about it isn't as clear.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51713?p=592402#post592402

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51803-Omen-Tips-and-Tricks.?p=592378#post592378
By Bahadir 2017-07-25 04:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, the Japanese text is very different from the English one, with the English one barely giving any useful information -_-
But:
フィードバックありがとうございます。
Thank you very much for the feed back.

1、2区画に関しては、
About the 1st and 2nd floor,

課題や追加課題を達成した際にポイントが累積しますが、雑魚モンスターを討伐した際の累積がありません。
When you fullfil the main Objective and/or additional objectives you accumulate points, but you do not accumulate when you kill the fishy monsters.

ただし、討伐すればするほどTreasure Portentの区画へ移動する確率が上がります。
But, if you do kill them, the chances for a "Treasure Portent floor" (I assume the chest floor?) increases.

This sounds to me very much like killing monsters on the first two floors increases the chance of having a chest floor (or whatever that Treasure Portent is). So clearing the floors even in a card one seems advisable.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-25 05:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't get chest floors at all if you're doing a card run.
By Bahadir 2017-07-25 05:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Then whats that "Treasure Portentの区画"?

It says explicitly that the chance for this is increased by killing things.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-25 05:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, if you get something like 666 omens from a mob on a regular boss run you're guaranteed to get a chest floor. There's also apparently some other factors but 666 is a known value.

However, if you take the card route, you simply can't get a chest floor, even if you manage to get a 666 omen on the first 2 floors. It's just how it is.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-25 05:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Treasure floor is a check that happens only after a miniboss or megaboss.
There is no miniboss in the card path, and appearently Ou is exempt from the treasure check.

There has been no report of treasure floors popping on the Card/Ou farming path, even with 666 omens which guarantees it.

Pretty lame. Wonder if that's intentional or if they realized too late and couldn't be bothered to fix it.

In regard to normal mobs dropping a card, I think I've seen it multiple times on floor 1-2 and on floor 4, but I am not 100% sure.
I've seen other people claiming that and posting confusionary screenshots about that which do not prove (or disprove) anything.
I think this is the source of what people are saying when they created the theory that every "X" monsters killed you get a free card, and that the number of killed ones carries over through runs.
Maybe it's wrong, I dunno.
Something similar is definitely in place for Floor 3, like Tarowyn said, but I really can't make up my mind on wether or not it's true (maybe in a slightly different way?) for floors 1, 2 and 4 as well.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-25 05:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the fact that the developers actually said you don't get any card points for killing stuff on 1st/2nd floor, I think it's pretty solid, hehe.

I've never seen any screenshots that seem to point to a regular kill on the non card path actually giving a card...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8