Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - July 2017
Ambuscade Volume 1 - July 2017
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-06 20:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm? Description of Leg Sweep says chance of stunning scales with TP, not duration (unless you're talking about the higher chance of avoiding partial resists).
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-07-07 01:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't sure where else to post this and I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post here. Gorpa will not accept a NQ piece of Ambuscade gear with 5 metals and give me the +1 version, and I do not currently already have the +1 in question in my inventory/storage anywhere. I'm trying to trade NQ Ayanmo body along with 5 metals for the +1 version and he won't accept the trade, nothing happens when I try. If anyone could offer any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-07 01:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Metal only works for the original 5 ambuscade voucher sets. Knowing SE, they'll probably have a separate material for upgrading the ambuscade token sets.
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-07-07 01:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Metal only works for the original 5 ambuscade voucher sets. Knowing SE, they'll probably have a separate material for upgrading the ambuscade token sets.

I see... I guess the statement "The process is identical for any piece of armor, regardless of armor slot, for each stage process." section on bgwiki for Gorpa-Masorpa should be changed to reflect this. =/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-07-08 05:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest way for the for people struggling is: PLD SMN WHM BRD GEO DD. Summoner puts up EA for Excal, BRD puts up Schzero and goes to town. BRD sleeps all at start. Joke fight on VD, mobs should still be asleep with Carn. Geo does frailty, torpor, fury, entrust str. RDM Healer would work best Dia3, distract etc. 5 minutes fight tops. Good luck, that's how I did it before I got "winded". Shout out to all the cool people that don't steal people's ***lmao.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-08 15:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill probably be doing these as rune so the idea is buff at start aggro them/utilize some group buffs for aggro/spam flash /group them for lullaby/spam foil on cool down?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-07-08 18:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone make a build for reliable sleep from Blu?
Yawn / sheepsong?

Would be nice.to have some flexibility in strategy for those who don't have brd
By tyalangan 2017-07-08 19:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Anyone make a build for reliable sleep from Blu?
Yawn / sheepsong?

Would be nice.to have some flexibility in strategy for those who don't have brd

ES + Dream Flower is reliable it's just not nearly as long as BRD with Carn, obviously. I have used it on D when the party did not have a sleeper (didn't need it). Can kill a good portion of them off if puller has them ready.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-07-19 14:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Ill probably be doing these as rune so the idea is buff at start aggro them/utilize some group buffs for aggro/spam flash /group them for lullaby/spam foil on cool down?

Really late reply, but yeah, just aggro > Foil.

If your team isn't bothering with sleep, then Battuta after Foil. Or if Excalibur pops, you'll want to Battuta for sure (max parry set will save your life). This is a great opportunity to floss those Turms Mittens!

Foil is enough to keep hate, for the most part. You'll want to keep it up to protect against WS spam. It's not a good idea to do too much casting/swapping, since you can get hammered in precast/midcast sets with everything hitting you.

If you don't trust your WHM, sub a job where you can Erase def-down. If you get hit w/ a WS that passes through Foil w/ Def-down on, you'll probably die, especially if it closes an SC.

Tenebrae runes are what I go with. The main NM will Aspir you dry, even w/ Lux runes up, so good to have the option of Pulsing your MP back. Light-resistance also good versus Guttler and Excalibur.

Save One For All for Kikoku (~50%-ish). Pflug > Mag Eva Set > Charm Set before pulling Guttler.

While your DD's are killing the last fomor, pop Swordplay and cast Temper... you should have full 3000 TP from all the stray hits and Tactical Parry returns. The second the last Fomor dies, drop a fat Reso/Dimidiation (should land for 50-99k) on the main NM and watch as your DD's weep because you stole the most satisfying part of the fight away from them. :)
 Shiva.Cahota
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-07-19 14:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

unless you are DRK doing 99k torcleavers!
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-19 14:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cahota said: »

What's your torc set like , I can get 30k with little effort but wow....take it your getting buffs right?
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-19 15:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »

What's your torc set like , I can get 30k with little effort but wow....take it your getting buffs right?

Just tell him pics or it didn't happen.
[+]
By Afania 2017-07-19 15:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
watch as your DD's weep because you stole the most satisfying part of the fight away from them. :)

Gonna piss off the "I want to win parse" epeen DDs who saved 3000 tp for it just to win parse with 99k ws!
[+]
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-07-19 15:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

dont even need 3k tp, 1k tp can take it from 85%'ish to dead. do 85-99k,
VIT 104+ 273, 48% ws dmg before JP gifts, + AG calad, but can do those numbers with rag as well.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-19 15:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

dont even need 3k tp, 1k tp can take it from 85%'ish to dead. do 85-99k,
VIT 104+ 273, 48% ws dmg before JP gifts, + AG calad, but can do those numbers with rag as well.
Can you post your set, working on my cala-torc set since I'm trying to AG, if not here then maybe the drk thtead to avoid derailing here

Edit: ty arislan, sry if I was rude for not saying it sooner
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-07-19 16:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/352451

head ws dmg 5,
hands acc 26, ws dmg 5,
leags VIT 11,
Acc 21, ws dmg 3
back - VIT 30, acc 20 ws dmg 10%

noob at posting sets, forgive me lol
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-19 17:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 352451

Its the ItEmSeT]#######/ItEmSet]
Thing at the bottom of the page where you make the sets

My set looks like it matches up well to yours, what buffs were on you and were you /thf?
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-07-19 17:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

no lol, have been wating to /thf for some higher lvl stuff, not reayy had the chance.
but just PM me so dont flood this with DRK talk.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-19 17:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Once I AG ill see what I can get but it'll be awhile, hmps have not been kind lately. Last 6 pouches were all 3s an 4s :(