Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing - Brass Jadagna +1 for quest
Goldsmithing - Brass Jadagna +1 for quest
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2017-07-04 22:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone tell me if I am doing something wrong? I am now at 200+ synths of this item and never once a +1. You can check my profile for gear.
 Asura.Slyshenx
Server: Asura
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-07-05 00:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, that's pretty weak. You should be fine seeing as you're T1 on both the main/sub crafts, so just keep on keepin' on! I had some pretty bad luck when it came to Guild Master Requests on Smithing as well. Never had such bad luck when it came to a T1 synth. Good luck man!
By clearlyamule 2017-07-05 00:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well double crafts might make it harder. You do have a bit more goldsmithing skill then you technically need to reach T2 on the gs portion if you could get 7 more leather according to old wiki should be able to t2 the sub as well to up your odds.

Sometimes there are really bad breaks though. Did you 100% make sure none of those the goldsmith ring on for though?
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-07-05 00:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Well double crafts might make it harder. You do have a bit more goldsmithing skill then you technically need to reach T2 on the gs portion if you could get 7 more leather according to old wiki should be able to t2 the sub as well to up your odds.

Sometimes there are really bad breaks though. Did you 100% make sure none of those the goldsmith ring on for though?

Gloves, Torque, Support could get it as long as the skills are correct.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-07-05 01:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you doing a bunch at once or ten here, ten there?

Sometimes I go 0/50+ on T1 synths. Sucks ***but it happens.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-07-05 04:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not wearing the NQ ring are ya?
 Carbuncle.Evett
Server: Carbuncle
user: Evett
By Carbuncle.Evett 2017-07-05 10:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having the same problem 0 for 70
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2017-07-05 19:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely no NQ ring, and I've been doing them in batches of 2-3 dozen at a time.

Even under the assumption that the T1 sub overrides the t2 main, I still should see 10%, 20/200 should have been expected...but 0?

I'm about to drop the NQ ring entirely, and re-purchase another after these synths...just to keep its karma out of my inventory.
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-07-05 20:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe t1 is about 1/16 or so, and you'll need those guild points for stage 4 so I wouldn't start wasting them on something as silly as superstition. Just keep crafting and you'll get it. Don't get discouraged over this or you're in for a rude awakening in the future of crafting. It can get MUCH worse than this sadly.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2017-07-05 21:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was kidding about the ring lol. The frustrating part is that I have to do this 7 more times on my crafting mules. I haven't even started the Escutcheon quest for them yet...
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-07-05 23:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
I was kidding about the ring lol. The frustrating part is that I have to do this 7 more times on my crafting mules. I haven't even started the Escutcheon quest for them yet...

Haha, my bad then. I'm pretty oblivious to sarcasm when it's thrown my way, especially over the internet. I feel ya though on the having to do it. I have all crafts and not all stage 3 shields. Cloth and Smithing hated me though. I'm not too excited about Goldsmithing now...
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-07-06 02:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done several of the shields now wood,smi,gsm,alchy, leather and i have found for the last quest make sure sub craft capped and always do in batches at least 40-50 to at least try get 1 or 2 +1 out.
I also found with me leather one when i got help on the sub instead main craft i got my +1 alot easier. It could have been random, but i would recommend trying in big bathches at least. It took me about 90 i think do gsm i did 2 batches 40-45 then farmed like 30 more for last hq and got it on 2nd.

added note - on my first shield i tried a smaller batch first 24 or so and got no hq, its only when i did at least 40-50 in one go i had better luck, so try instead of 24-36 at least 45 or so all in one go.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [332 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Tigertail
Server: Phoenix
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2018-06-03 02:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro bump! I was just curious if the OP had finished this dumb quest. Im working on it now and Im about to table flip. I did do the suggestion of doing at least 40-50 in one go and got one HQ. Capped GS and Sub. It wouldn't be so bad if the materials weren't such a buttpain to farm.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-06-03 05:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tigertail said: »
Necro bump! I was just curious if the OP had finished this dumb quest. Im working on it now and Im about to table flip. I did do the suggestion of doing at least 40-50 in one go and got one HQ. Capped GS and Sub. It wouldn't be so bad if the materials weren't such a buttpain to farm
When this first came out I saw how much of a pia it was going to be so what I did was changed my guild to leather quested(saved GP) me a body and whatever the other is for leather took about 3 weeks to get enough GP, then swapped back to GS and then you can just be T2 on the synth and it's super quick and easy. You'll also need the torque + advanced leather support) but I had one of those sitting around.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-03 07:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

you can also uncap your leather, delevel your gold, recap leather when done

skillups are cheap, day waits are shitty, torque farming is horrible
 Phoenix.Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2018-06-29 13:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So now im reading that you cant change your artisan rank for another craft if youve started the shield. So i cant get the leathercraft body which makes me just under the t2 level. I have the torque and gloves. I am not starting over lol.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-06-29 15:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously just need to equip the torque on your feet
[+]
 Shiva.Stelios
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Stelios 2018-06-29 22:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Devotee said: »
Brass Jadagna is 82 Gold and 46 Leather (according to both bg-wiki and wikipedia)
82+31=113 = 110 + spectacles + apron + shield
46+31=77 = 70+torque+hide stretcher moghancement+tanner's gloves+adv. synth support

theoretically tier 2 synth!

edit: I can confirm it is a tier 2 synth (so leather cap IS 46) with the mentioned items above, I just went 5/21 with many breaks because I upgraded the shield to 100% before doing these synths (kitron macaron, Ionis, and orvail ring make it more manageable).

I used this same strategy, minus the Orvial Ring, and went 5/14. Hope this helps.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-06-29 22:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So now im reading that you cant change your artisan rank for another craft if youve started the shield. So i cant get the leathercraft body which makes me just under the t2 level. I have the torque and gloves. I am not starting over lol.

Basically this

If you didn't have the gloves or body beforehand, you just end up right underneath the T2 threshold (with adv. leather assist).

There's nothing you can do at that point, because you can't switch allegiances. You just have to suffer through it. This part is miserable
 Phoenix.Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2018-06-30 09:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I thought Id try anyway to get the leather apron and was able to get artisan on Leathercraft and buy the apron. Now I guess I just need to be careful not to synth anything that would skill me up until I can finish this crap off.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-30 12:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I thought Id try anyway to get the leather apron and was able to get artisan on Leathercraft and buy the apron. Now I guess I just need to be careful not to synth anything that would skill me up until I can finish this crap off.
If you have all the things you need from leathercraft, wouldn't it be wiser to jump ship back to GS immediately?
 Phoenix.Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2018-07-07 15:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to the Goldsmithing guild rep and did that as soon as I finished the quest. I have no idea if I could have done that before finishing the stage 2 shield, because I didn't try. I'm just glad to have it over with.