Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Looking for a active LS to roll with
Looking for a active LS to roll with
 Ragnarok.Granis
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2017-06-26 13:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have come back to the game after being away for a while and I'd like to find an active-ish LS to roll with. I do have a LS of friends I hang out with still, but I'm not currently using my 2nd pearl slot and I'd love to meet a new group of peeps that are around often to do stuff with when people in my other LS aren't around.

My "main" jobs right now are THF and WHM, but I do need to gear them up a bit and stuff, and I'm thinking about leveling/gearing some fresh 99s depending on what kidna jobs are good these days because I have no clue (I last played when Rhapsodies CH. 1 came out.) and I remember having a hard time because those were my only 2 99 jobs so I'm definitely open to bringing up a new job that might be a credit to team.

Thank you for your time!
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-06-26 13:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what your goals are. The struggle is real for someone with few and/or not end game geared jobs who also only have access to a single character. Thief, unfortunately is probably one of the least wanted jobs in the game (I was a thief main for the longest time forever ago).

Thankfully, you can do a lot with trusts these days, just not the current end game meta. You can clear a lot of T1 NMs in all escha/reisen zones though.

I know you asked for LS advice so here's mine to get you started: there is a community one called international globe (I think that's what it's called) that you can just grab a pearl by talking to the ls community person and they've got a ton of people that could just be what you're looking for. Outside of that, it'll be tough without knowing folks personally, maybe join some shouts and make friends and get invited the old fashioned way before we had all these cool social tools like we do now.

Wall of text incoming. None of this should surprise you as the game really hasn't changed since 2004 other than new jobs and different metas.

As far as jobs, whm is a much needed job so if you gear that up you could be good to go (bonus points if you rock a yagrush). Geo is pretty easy to, but more and more are liking idris geos at this point in the game for high end stuff. Brd is making a come back. Scholar is popular in certain situations too. Pld is almost necessary for most things (aegis is a must for most things, ochain too for some). Run is pretty useful too. You see where i'm going... Support/tanks are the way to go if you want to be of the most use, given almost everyone had a super geared DD already (hi2u wars, sams, and blus) and unless you're rocking a REMA with good gear to back it up, you're not going to be 'wanted' on that job.
 Ragnarok.Granis
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2017-06-26 17:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the tips!

Honestly, THF is just my job for soloing stuff, if I leveled another DD I'd only even gear it so I could solo stuff that THF can't do. Just because there's too much competition from other better DD players in parties.

I could just gear up WHM or roll with SCH or something like you mentioned, but your point about REMs reminded me that don't a lot of support jobs need uberweapons built too?

(You already mentioned if I were to gear WHM that building Yagrush is a thing, and i'm worried even if I just 99ed SCH instead, i'd still be shackled to building a Mythic because the SCH Mythic is also supposed to be great from what I read and that scares me because of the reputations for how hard mythics are to build. And I know for BRD that's a reputation reguarding g-horn being so bonkers for BRD that it's a must have, but then again that might be easier as Relics might be easier to build than a Mythic.)

I've just never built a REM in my career, so that part of gearing up any job kind of frightens me. I mean I'm fine with putting in hard work to get other gears, but like when I look at the long hard progression path it always discourages me. Maybe things have happened that makes building them easier and it's why they're so needed these days and I'm just looking at all the steps on a wiki and letting that overwhelm me too much.
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2017-07-07 13:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Im with TDizzle on this one. Grab a pearl to internnationalglobe.