Why Are Aeonics Worth So Many Points?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why are Aeonics worth so many points?
Why are Aeonics worth so many points?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-19 15:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Better than toilet paper math. Otherwise known as "pulling numbers out of your ***" math.
That's the kind of math I can work with!
Ukon = last parse x infinity/0 + why did she do it?
You forgot the last part:

Quote:
Ukon = last parse x infinity/0 + why did she do it? + The results are in...you are....
By Blazed1979 2017-06-19 15:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukon = last parse x infinity/0 + why did she do it? + The results are in...you are....not her mother!
thanks, how could i forget that detail. the entire equation falls apart without it.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-19 18:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Saevel uses napkin math.
Better than toilet paper math. Otherwise known as "pulling numbers out of your ***" math.

That's what 99.999% of the community use's. They get a nugget of truth, blow it way out of proportion and then claim it's truth because it's origin was true. It's genetic fallacy all over again.

This game has so many different buttons and dials for manipulating damage formulas that anyone can "math" anything they want, provided they sufficiently mask what buttons and dials they are using. I can do 36K Stardivers followed with 75K Darkness's with a Blurred Lance, do I go around claiming the Blurred Lance is the bestest best weapon? No I don't because the situation I did that in was very specific, it's merely another tool in my toolbox. Virtually everything becomes this way at the high end, you get a dozen different solutions to a dozen different problems and none are the "absolute bestest best evar", they are merely tools in a large toolbox.

Also comparisons between different tools in the same situation becomes extremely dependent on environmental conditions. Take escha as an example, if we're inside and the person has all the vorseals, then that's +60~66 of each stat. That bonus WSC ends up watering down any equipment different, Masa's +50 STR means less when your getting +66 from Vorseals, but step out of that area and it ends up meaning more. Does the zone have the Blessing of Fortitude or not cause that doubles your Vorseal effects and is worth +33 to each stat. What mob are they fighting, what buffs are being used, are those buffs the best for the job in question or for other members in the fight, what mechanics are we exploiting and so forth.

Finally people tend to be extremely biased, they really want to continue believing what they already believe. Ergo the guy eyeballing the random ODT proc on a crit and think that actually has a significant effect on their total damage output.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-06-19 19:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Saevel uses napkin math.

That's what 99.999% of the community use's. They get a nugget of truth, blow it way out of proportion and then claim it's truth because it's origin was true. It's genetic fallacy all over again.

This game has so many different buttons and dials for manipulating damage formulas that anyone can "math" anything they want, provided they sufficiently mask what buttons and dials they are using. I can do 36K Stardivers followed with 75K Darkness's with a Blurred Lance, do I go around claiming the Blurred Lance is the bestest best weapon? No I don't because the situation I did that in was very specific, it's merely another tool in my toolbox. Virtually everything becomes this way at the high end, you get a dozen different solutions to a dozen different problems and none are the "absolute bestest best evar", they are merely tools in a large toolbox.

Also comparisons between different tools in the same situation becomes extremely dependent on environmental conditions. Take escha as an example, if we're inside and the person has all the vorseals, then that's +60~66 of each stat. That bonus WSC ends up watering down any equipment different, Masa's +50 STR means less when your getting +66 from Vorseals, but step out of that area and it ends up meaning more. Does the zone have the Blessing of Fortitude or not cause that doubles your Vorseal effects and is worth +33 to each stat. What mob are they fighting, what buffs are being used, are those buffs the best for the job in question or for other members in the fight, what mechanics are we exploiting and so forth.

Finally people tend to be extremely biased, they really want to continue believing what they already believe. Ergo the guy eyeballing the random ODT proc on a crit and think that actually has a significant effect on their total damage output.

(Competing your sentence)...and then finding out that it actually does do something more significant than you think as proven in several posts on SAM thread but by more dedicated SAMs using a little tool (spreadsheet) that you don't approve of.. Ego fights are for kids.. I don't play that game..

I know it's not going to be a greater margin but it's better than single digit that you napkined up.. I'm going to napkin up a number let's say.. ~15-20%

I love the way you think, but just be open to bring called a hypocrite at times, because you are also very very biased and express the same exact traits that you just elaborately defined in a nice paragraph..

You are a great guy Saeval, but you are ruthless at times when it comes to your projection of your own thoughts and opinions over others... I respect your nature, but it's just not compatible with many that you have battled with on these forums for countless hours, months, years.. lol You love picking fights and being right no matter what! TAKE IT EASY BRO!! Lol

I agree to disagree here. However, I do agree that Doji is not too be underestimated..
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-19 19:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's not going to be a greater margin but it's better than single digit that you napkined up.. I'm going to napkin up a number let's say.. ~15-20%

Not even in your best dreams .... it's around 8%. Only way to get bigger is if your amnesiad after putting up AM.

You are just eyeballing things and thinking "man this is so awesome it's gotta be the greatest".

eslim said: »
if sam is the problem, just get masa and doji- doh (or all of them)

No problem, many of the top tier weapons are extremely close to each other, single digit close. It's a pretty good place to be in because it means there is no "one to rule them all" kinda bandwagon happening. Some people really put their ego's into their gear and then get butt hurt when it doesn't make them as bad *** as Sephiroth.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-06-19 20:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

People still care about points?
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2017-06-19 20:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
if sam is the problem, just get masa and doji- doh (or all of them)

I have em all. Love em all. They all have their uses..

SAM is in a great position (as it has been for a while) right now and with Tachi: Ageha accuracy being fixed/resurrected, its even more fun. ^_^
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2017-06-19 20:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not as bad *** as Sephiroth.

Sephiroth? Badass?

Why are you so obsessed with Sephiroth???!

LOL

Bro just give up with SAM. You are a WAR! :P...

I appreciate your input on Doji, no butthurt here, I have all the weapons and will gladly use Doji more often as I am working to try out a 3-hit build with it soon..

I just love to call out the hypocrisy at times.. lol :P
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-19 20:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

*Cough*

"League of their own"

*Cough*

Deflection fail.
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2017-06-19 21:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

*Cough*

"League of their own"

*Cough*

Deflection fail.

You call everything a Deflection that doesn't cater towards your opinion..

**COUGH** Inflated EGO.. **BARF***

lol
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-06-19 21:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirvana should be worth 1,000,000 virtual points.
Just to give those guys a break. It's bad enough they keep losing their spots to MNK in all cases when DD is needed, I say we help them out.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-20 19:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What do these points actually represent?

Originally they were an indicator of player effort. Back at 75 it would take a lot of effort to get a Relic or Mythic, content was highly time gated and even then you needed a bunch of people for several fights / farming / ect. Then SE raised the level cap and Emps were made, which were easier then RM to make due to Abyssea and it's mega bonus's. Then iLevel made REM's really easy to get just long due to those same time gates, then RoV removed the time games and REM's are super stupid easy to get now. Ergon's are also easy, they just haven't had their time gate removed so your stuck with Imp's restocking time, though if you were smart and ranked up over time and learned how to store excess Imps then it's really easy to get them now. I went from petitioner to legend in Couriers in a single day.

Aeonics were mega hard to get because it required a group of extremely skilled and knowledgeable players with lots of experience and skill to kill all the CL150 content required for it. There is no gil requirement so anyone who's willing to learn and improve themselves is eligible to get one, not just those playing "Crafting Fantasy XI". Then SMN AC burn become mainstream and rendered everything really easy, provided your willing to kick out and alienate most of your LS members. So people who burned a lot of time / gil to Pokemon the REM's don't like that uber newbs are picking up Aeonics and diminishing their AH penis size, which is all it is now.

to be perfectly honest, the level cap increase made Relics easy to obtain. that was the time forever known as "When BSTs Ruled Dynamis" (though I built mine on PUP during WS procs because I hated competition, but I digress....). Umbral Marrows were the only stumbling block, but there were shout groups that still handled ADL, as well as Bazaars. even then, a 95 Relic was very serviceable in and out of Dynamis, and were the only way to get into "ye olde Logwatch parties™" for years as well as early Delve.

hell, PUP was even able to solo Salvage II for the gear upgrades (though I do not know if they could handle the bosses or not), just suffering the once per day lockout. ZNMs might have been more challenging but I didn't begin my first Mythic until after the beginning of iLevel, so I cannot say for sure on that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-20 19:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You are a great guy Saeval, but you are ruthless at times when it comes to your projection of your own thoughts and opinions over others... I respect your nature, but it's just not compatible with many that you have battled with on these forums for countless hours, months, years.. lol You love picking fights and being right no matter what! TAKE IT EASY BRO!! Lol

Although, I shouldn't be throwing rocks either, I'm exactly the same way....
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-06-22 14:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, here's something that maybe people could agree on: counting Lu Shang's +1 as a Relic, and then Ebisu +1 as... an empy or something? It is harder to get.
[+]