Why Are Aeonics Worth So Many Points?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why are Aeonics worth so many points?
Why are Aeonics worth so many points?
First Page 2 3 4
By Blazed1979 2017-06-18 03:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering:
1. Acquisition: Its a lot easier to acquire an Aeonic over an AG R/E/M. If you wanted to, you could get an Aeonic in 24 hours. The same can't be said for Mythics.
2. Use: For the most part they are inferior weapons.
3. Aeonics can be sold. With the exception of the 50k Beads, you can merc out Aeonics. Just sit there and get your clear with no participation.

Difficulty of acquisition realistically is about the same as farming a Lv.85 empyrean (I tend to think empyreans are more taxing due to the damn lottery NMs).

I don't think these weapons should give as many points as they currently do. They need to be scaled back, or AG'ed Mythics/Empyreans/Relics need to be boosted to the 45k Mark.

Based on time sink, Ranking should be:
1. Ergons
2. Mythics
3. Empyreans
4. Aeonics
5. Relics

Based on usefulness
1. Ergons
2. Mythics
3. Relics/Empyreans
4. Aeonics

Based on Expense, Aeonics would still be at the bottom along with relics.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-06-18 04:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think every weapon should be reduced point wise. They collectively aren't worth the points they are right now due to the ease of farming.. I see what you're saying and agree.. Ergon is definitely on top. Coalitions are a ***.

However, we are speaking of a completely broken/unfair point system I'm general that Rooks is working on revamping. Or atleast I hope he can whenever he gets the time....
[+]
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-06-18 04:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Most folk dont even have points anymore, and im fairly sure points arent even remotely relevant at all these days.
[+]
By geigei 2017-06-18 07:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can make your own point system, print it and bow to it every morning since nobody else give a fk about it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-18 07:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The points are just for mentally managing to get 50 000 beads over and over again without going insane.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-18 07:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be nice if points were doled out for things that actually helped the community/game?

Helpful/informative/funny/upvoted posts, performing selfless acts in game, sharing endgame strats publicly, maintaining wiki pages, taking time to assist new players, instances of sacrificing personal DPS to help maximize group DPS, crafting items for LS-mates, maintaining job guides, etc.

:)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-18 08:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
1. Acquisition: Its a lot easier to acquire an Aeonic over an AG R/E/M. If you wanted to, you could get an Aeonic in 24 hours. The same can't be said for Mythics.

No REM's are much easier.

Aeonic's require groups to complete and the "materials" are NM kills. REM's require you solo farm the same low level content over and over again. They take longer only because of the amount of currency, the skill level required to obtain is somewhere near breathing. Objectively Aeonics are more difficult to obtain though they can be done faster because there are no artificial time gates.

The reason Aeonics feel "easier" is that once a group is capable of getting one, they are capable of getting many more and then it becomes a matter of farming the 50K beads. Your skill is actually rewarded. REM's on the other hand are pretty much entirely done solo and completing one doesn't speed up the completion of the next.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-06-18 08:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should just be worth the same points. Aeonic clears can also be bought or people carried, so the difficulty argument is kind of moot.

If we're going by difficulty, people who got their mythics before ilvl stuff should also get bonus points.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-18 08:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
I think they should just be worth the same points. Aeonic clears can also be bought or people carried, so the difficulty argument is kind of moot.

We can buy REM's right now, just takes two hundred million give or take.

Practically anything can be merced to the gil argument is moot.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-06-18 08:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Right not saying RMEs cant be bought but I don't agree with the difficulty argument.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-18 08:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Right not saying RMEs cant be bought but I don't agree with the difficulty argument.

It's objectively harder to get an Aeonic then to get an REM, nothing to disagree with. REM's require you beat level 75~90 content over and over again solo spending hours doing incredibly easy routine tasks. Aeonics require bead farming, and then beating a bunch of NM's that start off easy but rapidly become extremely difficult.

Time =/= Difficulty
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-18 08:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

tbf the first Aeonic should be worth about as many points as it's currently worth and Aeonics past that should be worth like 10k.

Getting a group together/geared and clearing the Aeonic NMs the first time is difficult, but after that it's just a matter of how many beads you're willing to farm.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-06-18 08:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially with Conduit Zerg.
We 2 manned just about everything except Albumen and Zerde, in a matter of hours. Got my 50k beads in a couple of days. The additional vorseals are a nice bonus.

Can be a casual player and pump out 1-2 aeonics a week.
I could probably get 5 done a week if me and my friends had absolutely no life.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-18 09:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it even matters point wise since if Japanese players had an AH account, would blow most people away. That being said, most certainly not the case for Sam. Doji is an excellent weapon, actually while I'm looking at mine (should have Trishula within the week) think they all are superior or even to their counterparts.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-06-18 09:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
think they all are superior or even to their counterparts.
In some cases I don't doubt that.
But there are many other cases where they are inferior in 9/10 situations.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-18 09:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

But there are many other cases where they are inferior in 9/10 situations.

Depends on the job and the weapon. The big issue is people are still using DPS spreedsheets to determine "THE ABSOLUTE BESTEST BEST BEST EVAH" without thinking that the game is fundamentally different now. They just set a single WS and have it on spam mode with some stupid TP overflow setting. Aeonics shine on any job with a WS that has dramatic TP scaling or when your doing a multi-step SC.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-18 09:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially with Conduit Zerg.
We 2 manned just about everything except Albumen and Zerde, in a matter of hours. Got my 50k beads in a couple of days. The additional vorseals are a nice bonus.

We shouldn't expect that to be around for much longer so use it while you can.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-06-18 09:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Not that it even matters point wise since if Japanese players had an AH account, would blow most people away. That being said, most certainly not the case for Sam. Doji is an excellent weapon, actually while I'm looking at mine (should have Trishula within the week) think they all are superior or even to their counterparts.

Hey Nite. Good to see ya bro. :D

I agree with you that Doji is an excellent weapon. However, I don't think it is able to surpass Masa. If you create a 3-Hit, maybe things get interesting with skillchaining, but Masa and most Empy's are in a league of their own..
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-06-18 09:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand what this post is about. What "points" is he referring to?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-06-18 09:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Blazed should be given a special point award for finding so many ways to post on FFXIAH that he has a Nirvana now.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-06-18 10:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
I think Blazed should be given a special point award for finding so many ways to post on FFXIAH that he has a Nirvana now.
Yes, why not? I'll gladly take that hat.

Since you like counting, start counting how many days it takes for them to nerf smn back to 2006.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-06-18 10:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's easy--never. At that time the level cap was still 75. Can you imagine what it would take to nerf a job backwards 11 years?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-18 11:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We 2 manned just about everything except Albumen and Zerde

When you say this, do you mean you only had two physical players(and however many accounts between the two of you) or that you only used two accounts?
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-06-18 11:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

2 people decaboxing yo!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-18 11:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty obvious it's multiple accounts, but conduit burn is easy enough for anyone to multibox without special tools if they have the gear

agree with most of the sentiment here that they're overvalued and underuseful, i stopped turning in beads because i got sick of farming attestations and had all the good ones
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-06-18 11:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
tbf the first Aeonic should be worth about as many points as it's currently worth and Aeonics past that should be worth like 10k.

Getting a group together/geared and clearing the Aeonic NMs the first time is difficult, but after that it's just a matter of how many beads you're willing to farm.
To futher expand on this point. You dont need just a "group", you need a group of people who are willing to communicate. You also need to be pretty decked out. and also need team flexibility too.

I also agree to some extent that the points they give should slowly scale downwards.

But really, the point comes down to:

*Mythics, Relics and Empy's are all entirely soloable.

*All RME weapons have purchasable/tradable sections to them, and are now in content designed for solo players, not 6+ players.

*Aeonics Require a consistent team to go, and maybe even other RME to be able to complete easily. (not NEEDED but they make them considerably easier, do not misunderstand me here)

*Aeonics are not buyable by any means. Nothing at present is skipable via gil. (Excluding mercs)
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-06-18 11:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Wouldn't it be nice if points were doled out for things that actually helped the community/game?

Helpful/informative/funny/upvoted posts, performing selfless acts in game, sharing endgame strats publicly, maintaining wiki pages, taking time to assist new players, instances of sacrificing personal DPS to help maximize group DPS, crafting items for LS-mates, maintaining job guides, etc.

:)

I'll take my #1 slot now , ty
 Asura.Sesono
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2017-06-18 12:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

To futher expand on this point. You dont need just a "group", you need a group of people who are willing to communicate. You also need to be pretty decked out. and also need team flexibility too.

I also agree to some extent that the points they give should slowly scale downwards.

But really, the point comes down to:

*Mythics, Relics and Empy's are all entirely soloable.

*All RME weapons have purchasable/tradable sections to them, and are now in content designed for solo players, not 6+ players.

*Aeonics Require a consistent team to go, and maybe even other RME to be able to complete easily. (not NEEDED but they make them considerably easier, do not misunderstand me here)

*Aeonics are not buyable by any means. Nothing at present is skipable via gil. (Excluding mercs)
i second that!

Some people sound like its free loot ...maybe for some LS's they are but others worked their *** of to get a hand on one. Gather people, keep them together, figure out times when everyone is available... so much can go wrong before you even start any fight...
Once you have a team - i agree, it gets easy... but man the way to this point is a real challange! At least it was for "us".
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-06-18 12:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

3. Aeonics can be sold.
You can sell currency, alexandrite, heavy metal, plutons, beitetsu, and boulders.
I'm not sure if you noticed, but the people "selling aeonics" are charging around the same as it would take to just outright buy a relic - if not more.

Quote:
1. Acquisition: Its a lot easier to acquire an Aeonic over an AG R/E/M.
Go solo Schah and tell me how that goes.
I've got bad news for you if you don't know someone that knows some people that clear for random players with two DD jobs in 119 gear from over a year ago on a regular basis without charging over 100m. It might take a while, but you can solo the majority - entirety of the other weapons.

Quote:
2. they are inferior weapons.

Quote:
there are many other cases where they are inferior in 9/10 situations.
Show us nine examples.

Quote:
start counting how many days it takes for them to nerf smn back to 2006.
I'm still waiting for those May 10th nerfs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-18 15:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
most Empy's are in a league of their own..

No.

Most Empys are bleh as main weapons. Masa only wins because all SAM's WS's are heavily STR modified combined with relatively low TP growth. Aeonic ends up with stronger Fudo's but Masa'a 50 STR cuts down the lead a little bit and then the extra melee damage barely push's it over the line. And this is only with SAM spamming Fudo, the moment you start making multi-step that all changes.

But hey Sephiroth used it and he was so bad *** emo so it's gotta be bad *** too and make you just as grim dark bad ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4