Forum » FFXI » General » Farming Job cards
Farming Job cards
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2017-06-11 21:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to farm job cards effectively in bulk,
and perhaps scenarios where i can solo, or party what would i have to prepare myself for to have a good job card yield.

my main jobs are THF BRD and WHM..
It seems that I would have to solo a majority of the ones I want to get for THF, ty
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2017-06-11 22:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

find a group you can go with regularly would be my advice

coordination and understanding of peoples abilities will help you achieve more objectives.

-figure out how to make certain skillchains with your party setup , fusion will help you achieve repetitive magicburst objectives(magicburst dia)
-WS set that can hit hard, and remember the 30k WS dmg objective is including skillchain damage
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-11 22:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If soloing on BRD or THF:

• Gust Slash > Wasp Sting a couple of times and Shantotto II can clear the SC objective for you pretty quickly.

• Evisceration > Rudra or Rudra > Rudra should be enough for 30k WS damage (do this on a Transcended).

• Dismiss your trust tank for the 500 Cure objective,

• MB 30k and Nuke 15k are the only objectives that you can't clear solo.

If you hit every sub-objective possible, you should average about 3~4 cards per run.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-11 22:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The best thing you can do to enhance your card is to clear the floor objective before the timer runs out as it carries greater weight then the others combined.
[+]
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-06-12 00:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
If soloing on BRD or THF:

• Gust Slash > Wasp Sting a couple of times and Shantotto II can clear the SC objective for you pretty quickly.

• Evisceration > Rudra or Rudra > Rudra should be enough for 30k WS damage (do this on a Transcended).

• Dismiss your trust tank for the 500 Cure objective,

• MB 30k and Nuke 15k are the only objectives that you can't clear solo.

If you hit every sub-objective possible, you should average about 3~4 cards per run.

Thanks for this, I just started getting semi serious about thf again and looking at some of the gear, af+3 is pretty outstanding in some slots. Due to work schedule i dont have a steady group, but even a shout group would probably yeild more cards, no?
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-12 01:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Louisoix said: »
...but even a shout group would probably yeild more cards, no?

The maximum cards per run wouldn't change, only the speed at which you're able to finish the run. Sub-objectives scale too, so some things would become more difficult with more participants.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-12 01:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

few times, 1/12 I get 2 cards in my group, More often it is 3 8/12 and rest 4 did have 1 stellar run with more than 4 this is 1/60+ runs

Went with Vedder on my mule once and with trust out we did well enough duo each drop with trust out. Anyone who wants to duo or low man 3 or more may want to do this at the very start and if want to do NM farming then just get back into group once on each of those floors. Like has been said by a lot of the people on the Main thread, Think about How to do the objectives with your Jobs and trust and hope to hit everything you can, figure what you can not and move on fast.
By Mafai 2017-06-12 01:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a character on your main account, complete missions, level job you want cards on, join shout runs, dbox cards to main.

Can pull in double the amount of cards you get with one character, but also a crapton of work.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-06-12 01:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As THF, I did a couple things different than what has been mentioned

30k+ WS and crit 2k+ - try this on vermin mobs first since they're weak to piercing. There aren't any vermin on floor 2.

Heal 500 - I use a tank trust to hold one mob while I aggro several others. The aggro mobs stay beating on me while my trusts help healing. Adding HP+ gear to my waltz set also helped, as did removing gear so I'd take more damage.

Perform x skillchains - Is this one always "perform 3" when solo? I haven't done a solo run in a a while and can't recall. Regardless, I'm pretty sure that dancing edge continuously skillchains with itself. It's a fairly weak 5-hit WS, so should always hit, give back decent TP, and still kills the mob slower.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-12 02:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta said: »
Perform x skillchains - Is this one always "perform 3" when solo? I haven't done a solo run in a a while and can't recall. Regardless, I'm pretty sure that dancing edge continuously skillchains with itself. It's a fairly weak 5-hit WS, so should always hit, give back decent TP, and still kills the mob slower.

It's always 1SC when solo and usually 3MB so that Shantotto 2 will clear the MB one for you unless other trust WS in the middle (looking that that August ***).

For HP, I just made a gearswap toggle to put me in yellow HP with tons of HP+ gear compared to engaged set and it can clear the objective really quick with 0 danger as you could go down fast with couple mobs on you - especially with stuff like mandragora countering (I used to exploit this standing in front and getting damage without having hate but it can be slow).

As mentioned above, you should be able to clear all objectives solo on melee except the 15K nuke, 30k MB and, depending on job/gear/luck, 2k melee round.
By Yandaime 2017-06-12 04:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Mafai said: »
Make a character on your main account, complete missions, level job you want cards on, join shout runs, dbox cards to main.

Can pull in double the amount of cards you get with one character, but also a crapton of work.

This seems extreme... But tempting...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-14 10:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Along with the suggestions offered here, I would also recommend forming your own lowman card party group. Something with no more than 2-3 persons. People oftentimes get confused into thinking you need 12+ people to clear all objectives: you don't. Recently, I have been duoing cards with another random person via shout, and the only ones we weren't able to do were 15k/30k nukes. It was sam+thf, and sam+drk most of the time, and I got 4 cards most times.

Keep in mind that you can enter omen with multiple people, and then have each person drop and summon 5 trusts. The objectives are zone-wide, and the cards are earned regardless of whoever hits the objective. So you can strategically split up the objectives. For instance, as SAM, doing skillchain was very easy with jinpu x3 (2 skillchains with 2 people). Using Shantotto II made it very easy to hit magic bursts, spells as well.For cure x10, I remove all tank/support trusts and summon mages, and let the monsters wail on me. After I hit the objective, i resummon the trusts I need. Since objectives scale down the less people you have, it makes hitting those annoying objectives really easy. You don't have to do 12 magic bursts, 12 abilities etc. Its manageable and easier.

I'd also like to point out, along the lines of Saevel's comment of hitting the primary objective before time expires, that this is true. However, based on your objectives, it may be challenging to do this before time runs out (especially if its all foes or something, and you have other objectives to hit).

My advice would be to shout for another person to assist you in card farming, maybe a BLM or GEO, and then lowman the objectives. A great time to do this is during Gain EXP ROE, so you get some decent sparks while getting cards, and CP. 3 in one deal right there.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 10:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a guy last night who was charging 500k for a card run on Asura.

And, being Asura, all drama broke loose.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-06-14 10:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Asura reminds me of Midgar Slums.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-14 11:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I can't actually fault this guy for charging that. You probably missed it, but a few days ago, someone actually shouted to buy a spot in a card farming party. There were multiple shouts from him asking, so it wasn't a troll. When we all told him how absurdly silly it was to purchase a spot in a party where most people join-afk anyways, he said he'd solo farm some on his own (apparently he didn't know you could solo this, either).

The guy charging 500k was probably listening in on this dicussion. With that being said, there's nothing like a 7pm shout troll war on asura.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-06-14 11:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

hell there is pug card run shouts on Odin 50 times a day
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-14 14:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Keep in mind that you can enter omen with multiple people, and then have each person drop and summon 5 trusts. The objectives are zone-wide, and the cards are earned regardless of whoever hits the objective. So you can strategically split up the objectives. For instance, as SAM, doing skillchain was very easy with jinpu x3 (2 skillchains with 2 people). Using Shantotto II made it very easy to hit magic bursts, spells as well.For cure x10, I remove all tank/support trusts and summon mages, and let the monsters wail on me. After I hit the objective, i resummon the trusts I need. Since objectives scale down the less people you have, it makes hitting those annoying objectives really easy. You don't have to do 12 magic bursts, 12 abilities etc. Its manageable and easier.

Dropping out and forming your own party might be the best way to do 6SC or 18MB objectives in alliance settings too -- so your friends don't mess up what you're doing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-14 16:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how many times I have to tell people that more people != better results for Card Farming. I actually do this for objectives where I don't want someone killing my monster.