Forum » FFXI » General » June 2017 Version Update
June 2017 Version Update
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-07 01:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What type of monster is Vol.1 about? Tonberries as someone mentioned before?
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-06-07 01:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I just got hit with 10k needles Everyone's Revenge from the Bozzetto Monarch (tons of HP, even on VE). The Bozzetto Rascal summoned Leviathan earlier and used Astral Flow.

Edit: Log showed it used Sand Trap, but the animation was Everyone's Grudge. Battlemod messing up the TP moves.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2017-06-07 01:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

wish they would do another expansion for xi
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 01:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Beheader+1 vs Arasy+1 for RUN?
I guess Beheader wins if you wanna tank, but Arasy might win if you wanna pure DD?

...altough I guess if you wanna just DD then probably you shouldn't be using GAxe to begin with.

Considering the Arasy is a crafted item and the HQ would be expensive, the Beheader +1 is a more reasonable weapon, plus it has extra accuracy on it and RUN's going to need that with GAXE being B- skill.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-06-07 01:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And Volume is the slug... that on vd spawns 6 leeches that hit decently hard. wtf Se. Also seemed to gain an encumbrance aura... (like would count down then immediately reset) seriously wtf Se
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-06-07 01:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Speedyjim said: »
Yes, I just got hit with 10k needles. It summoned Leviathan earlier too. After I killed the MB, there was one add left and it had TONS of HP on VE.

Edit: Log showed it used Sand Trap, but the animation was Everyone's Grudge. Battlemod messing up the TP moves.

Update your resources/relaunch windower
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-06-07 01:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And they got rid of total hallmark rewards past 25k. So now that the metals highly encourage you to farm more you can't the extra total nice
By clearlyamule 2017-06-07 01:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So volume I normal... Rascal still pretty squishy but it summons 2 elementals (ice and water for me) on pull then after it loses some hp it summons 2 chasers then if you leave the elementals out they become avatars and the main can astral with them. Monarch still came out too

ambuscade looks super fun this month
 Fenrir.Aisaka
user: Kari
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-06-07 02:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy had just one elemental, I forget which. Normal and VD were both ice + water.

Messed around for a bit on Easy, after it did Astral Flow a 2nd time the Monarch and Defiler spawn. Killing the Rascal ASAP just skips to the Monarch/Defiler spawning. Also Rascal has a noticeable regen.

Monarch summoned a Shade that he skillchains with.
By Staleyx 2017-06-07 02:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

10k Needles just reflected a 18k cdc I did to the Monarch. It showed 18,000 dmg right next to 10,000 dmg in log.
By jopa 2017-06-07 02:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Only need 3 kills for Vol. 1 KI and there are at least 5 teleports to Uggalepih/Rancor that put you near EXP-yielding Tonberries.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-07 07:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Important Note for people who have missed it:

The Ambuscade (W) weekly Quest for the extra seal did infact reset AGAIN after the maintenance, even if you already completed it after this sundays reset. So be sure to do your (W) quests asap on update weeks.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-07 07:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shockwave sleep seems pretty big. Isn't that a spammable 60s Sleep?

Also can Nightmare Scythe Proc Maju?

Surprised they didn't touch the effect rate of Relic WS. Did they already have a high land rate?

The stardriver land rate should be a buff for DRG correct?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-07 07:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I thought that it didn't overwrite itself, meaning that when you land sleep, then use it again without waking the mob, it wakes it without applying the sleep effect again.

Could be wrong, I don't touch GS.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2017-06-07 08:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:
The chance for the additional effects of the following weapon skills to activate has been increased.
Shockwave / Gale Axe / Shield Break / Armor Break / Weapon Break /
Full Break / Nightmare Scythe / Infernal Scythe / Stardiver / Tachi: Ageha /
Skullbreaker / Shell Crusher / Dulling Arrow / Shattersoul / Sniper Shot

That's big enough for me. They warned us this update was going to be very small and that they are preparing a much bigger one soon.

Where the hell is Metatron Torment in this list?!
[+]
 Bahamut.Valienta
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Valienta 2017-06-07 10:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shockwave is a physical WS, wakes the mob by doing dmg and reapplies sleep after. It can miss though.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-07 10:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Valienta said: »
Shockwave is a physical WS, wakes the mob by doing dmg and reapplies sleep after. It can miss though.

They just updated its hit rate so it may be easier to consistently land now.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-06-07 12:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I could sleep mobs in Omen using Shockwave before the update, although it's rare as we often bring someone who can sleepga .. so I'm not sure how reliable it was pre-update.

I might just test it out by heading in to a card run and see how good the sleep effect is. Might not need a BLM or a BLU to sleep hordes of mobs anymore; it's not hard to get 1000tp. If anyone's interested I'll post my findings later.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-06-07 12:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Also yeah .. this is the biggest non-update in the history of FFXI .. they gave us these wardrobe 3s and 4s (and people have them .. curse you!) so they got extra money from us .. yet we get less content? I guess SE thinks they "spoiled" us last month with all those campaigns. Spock .. Bones .. we got some investigating to do on the planet of Vana'Diel. The guys in red are dispensable.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-07 12:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

3 red shirts there.

Somebody's getting disintegrated today!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-06-07 13:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaping Lizzy got the first red shirt. The second decided to infiltrate Palborough Mines and got gangbanged by an army of turtles. The last one fell through the floor and didn't know how to call starfleet (a GM) so he logged out forever. RIP Red Shirts.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-06-07 13:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No Monk H2H Updates on DMG :(

at least there are no nerfs (YET........ give them enough time and we surely will have some.......)

Man ! wish was a better update overall , seems like meh.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 14:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I could sleep mobs in Omen using Shockwave before the update, although it's rare as we often bring someone who can sleepga .. so I'm not sure how reliable it was pre-update.

I might just test it out by heading in to a card run and see how good the sleep effect is. Might not need a BLM or a BLU to sleep hordes of mobs anymore; it's not hard to get 1000tp. If anyone's interested I'll post my findings later.

These WS's were unreliable on CL135+ stuff even with MACC gear. Like I could use Armor Break on Omen mega boss's and it was very unreliable. Next time I'm out there I'm going to see if I can reliable stick the various breaks (easy to test with stygian sphere spam).
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-07 14:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

Also can Nightmare Scythe Proc Maju?

Surprised they didn't touch the effect rate of Relic WS. Did they already have a high land rate?

The stardriver land rate should be a buff for DRG correct?
The shockwave one is pretty cool, often used it to mass farm/merit on drk. This just makes it better. Real thing is if these do stick on boss mobs like Maju-blind (can it overwrite another good question), or of saev can test on omen bosses, also if it does saev, can you list or test how much macc was needed?
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-06-07 17:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Also yeah .. this is the biggest non-update in the history of FFXI .. they gave us these wardrobe 3s and 4s (and people have them .. curse you!) so they got extra money from us .. yet we get less content? I guess SE thinks they "spoiled" us last month with all those campaigns. Spock .. Bones .. we got some investigating to do on the planet of Vana'Diel. The guys in red are dispensable.

To be fair they acknowledged it was a light month. Not every month can be like an anniversary month update.
[+]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2017-06-07 19:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

While this is surely the most underwhelming update ever, its probably not the worst.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 20:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Brimstonefox said: »
While this is surely the most underwhelming update ever, its probably not the worst.

We got a new graphics engine, that's good enough for me.
[+]