Forum » FFXI » General » Xinput greyed out in controller config
Xinput greyed out in controller config
 Phoenix.Dynakros
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Dynakros
By Phoenix.Dynakros 2017-05-31 04:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

When I try to config my xbox 360 wireless controller xinput is greyed out. I recently did a clean re-install of windows 10, and before I did that I was able to customize my controller settings and have xinput enabled just fine.

I've tried using Alternate Setup E since it shows the xinput box checkmarked (although still greyed out) but it doesn't save my custom settings. Before the re-install I was able to use Default Setup D just fine.

I'm using the US config tool just as I did before, and I tried deleting the xinputdll.dll file in both the US and EU config tools and running a file check, and that didn't help either.

I've tried googling this problem but have had no luck with a solution, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2017-06-01 10:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you manually installed the 360 controller driver, or did you just let 10 pick it up?
 Phoenix.Dynakros
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Dynakros
By Phoenix.Dynakros 2017-06-01 11:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I let windows 10 pick it up, yesterday I installed a windows 7 driver from microsoft's website and it works perfectly now.

I meant to reply to this thread yesterday and post the solution in case anyone else was having the same problem as me and stumbled upon this thread, I've just been really busy.

Thank you for responding, much appreciated!
By Jetackuu 2017-06-02 08:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No problem, and I was thinking that was the issue, lolM$.