Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [FIXED] Funny Translation Database Errors
[FIXED] Funny Translation Database Errors
By billnes 2017-05-29 12:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I found these funny little errors while adding Capacity Points to my Red Mage. It just goes to show you what happens when you have a skeleton crew of low wage workers maintaining the game.

CORRECTED IMAGE URL

Cheers,
Bill N.
New York
By OmniKroe 2017-05-29 12:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill N.
Thank you for the postcard, Even though the pictures didnt load i found it very humorous. Wish you the best on your next trip to Dho Gates.

Sincerely,
Omni K.
Ontario
By Zubis 2017-05-30 01:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, 4chan? I feel I'm getting infected with something by looking at the links, never mind clicking them.
[+]
By billnes 2017-06-01 07:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right and I'm sorry. I simply didn't have anywhere else to park the images. I seems like a wast of money to pay a monthly fee for a service to park images. If you know of a place where I can park the images for free, let me know. I put the images there.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-01 07:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

billnes said: »
You're right and I'm sorry. I simply didn't have anywhere else to park the images. I seems like a wast of money to pay a monthly fee for a service to park images. If you know of a place where I can park the images for free, let me know. I put the images there.
Come on, man
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-06-01 08:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That certainly didn't used to be there. Looks like someone messed up the new line character in the gifts somehow.
By billnes 2017-06-01 18:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
That certainly didn't used to be there. Looks like someone messed up the new line character in the gifts somehow.

Hmmm... That statement gives me the impression that you have some knowledge of the server-side programming. If you know more, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-06-01 18:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like they forgot a \
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-06-01 20:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... That statement gives me the impression that you have some knowledge of the server-side programming. If you know more, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks.
Nah, just programming in general. \n is codespeak for "skip to next line" when printing text in many programming languages (including C++, which I believe is what FFXI is primarily written in), all of the errors have extraneous "n"s, and the descriptions are missing line breaks where there used to be.
By billnes 2017-06-02 10:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.
Nah, just programming in general. \n is codespeak for "skip to next line" when printing text in many programming languages (including C++, which I believe is what FFXI is primarily written in), all of the errors have extraneous "n"s, and the descriptions are missing line breaks where there used to be.

Thanks.
Nah, just programming in general. \n is codespeak for "skip to next line" when printing text in many programming languages (including C++, which I believe is what FFXI is primarily written in), all of the errors have extraneous "n"s, and the descriptions are missing line breaks where there used to be.[/quo I'm not a code writer myself, so that's in
[quote="Odin.Geriond" pid=3265888]

Thanks.

Hmm... I'm not a coder myself, so that's interesting to know. Thanks.