Haven't Played In A While... Fishing Bots?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Haven't played in a while... fishing bots?
Haven't played in a while... fishing bots?
 Asura.Kazaki
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2017-05-29 08:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I haven't played in a long time and I was wondering, are fishing bots still a thing people have to cope with? What are the common ones that are still around?

Thanks in advance

Kaz
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-05-29 09:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing bots are probably still around, although not a threat to you since the npc selling is dead.

Nowadays i'm more annoyed by farming / xp bots. More and more of them can be found on Asura. It's fun though, to make them follow a mob to the other end of the map.
By Justuas 2017-05-29 09:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't remember seeing one when leveling fishing a while ago.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-29 09:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So many changes to the game over the years, and someone coming back, this is the thing they want to ask....so strange...
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-29 09:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kazaki said: »
still a thing people have to cope with
lol, did you think this would cover up that you're asking for bots?

Quote:
What are the common ones that are still around?
Don't think soliciting bots is allowed on ffxiah. Regardless, hakuryu vendor price was nerfed into the ground and fishing has become essentially worthless. There are probably some that still work, but most of them have long since fell into disrepair since they're useless beyond cooking guild points.
[+]
By missdivine 2017-05-29 11:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone on the game bots or use third party progs, idk why everyone acts like it's so wrong to do so. Just google it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-29 11:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

http://imgur.com/IseyYjx
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-29 11:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We mainly just don't want to be associated with botting or the advertisement of bots.
[+]
By OmniKroe 2017-05-29 12:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure this is still a thing.
I cope with it everynight in my most horrific dreams.
I dont know how its related to ffxi.
I dont know what its called. 'Robot fish' is what i googled.
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2017-05-29 12:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neufko said: »
Fishing bots are probably still around, although not a threat to you since the npc selling is dead.

Nowadays i'm more annoyed by farming / xp bots. More and more of them can be found on Asura. It's fun though, to make them follow a mob to the other end of the map.

Thank you for a sensible response.

Interesting to know, thanks. I'll take a look into that on another site as it seems people here feel the need to boost their epeen through sarcasm and generally being childish.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-05-29 13:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

About these filthy xp bots, what types are they using?
Asking for a friend
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-05-29 13:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
About these filthy xp bots, what types are they using?
Asking for a friend
am friend, can confirm
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-05-29 14:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It is understandable however as to why he would ask for a bot for fishing considering leveling it is still stupidly slow. I had lvl 16 fisher and i wanted a few more levels to get a shaper shawl because I planned to finally level my crafts. So I went out to fish in sea serpent grotto, spent 30 mins there, got .1 skill ups with the skill up food, and then I warped out and dropped my fishing rod. Then I took woodworking 1-110 without shapers in a week. Out of almost everything in this game, fishing is still the most boring/tedious thing in the game. (Besides maybe imperatures, screw them too) I respect you 110 fishers who actually enjoy it, because I can't stand it.
By fillerbunny9 2017-05-29 14:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the issue is you were not targeting the correct fish/locations. when I leveled Fishing after Fisherman's Feast was introduced, I did it in about a week, and probably half of that time was relishing how absurdly easy Nashmau made things. it could have been faster were it not for the ~200 fish per day limit.

edit: to be fair, I had a very old Lu Shangs I had picked up on the cheap, as well as one of the rings from the Fishing Contest in Selbina, which does help immensely as well. since Fishing was already dead, placing a winner wasn't tough.