Tank Trusts That Don't Ws.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Tank trusts that don't ws.
Tank trusts that don't ws.
First Page 2
By OmniKroe 2017-05-25 09:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So lately iv been not exactly soloing for cp. Me and my girlfriend both dual box. But none of us play tanks. So the problem is that the tank trusts like to interupt our very crucial skillchain.
This tank trust when i find it can be used for many other things as well if you think about it.

Is there an ideal tank trust who doesnt weaponskill?
Maybe not even a tank, maybe just something that uses provoke.

So far iv been using amchuchu, he has a fair damage output magic bursting his lunge or whatever it is. As well as generally holding his tp.
Right now our cp parties are looking like geo brd rdm cor. Cor doing a double darkness, and rdm finishing it off.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-25 09:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think so, would be a useless tank if so. Look through them yourself:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Trust#Tank

Why not use Ark Angel EV and skillchain off her CDC in between your gf. You can time it since you can see their TP
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-25 09:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Amchuchu very rarely WS's, and that's one of the main reasons I use her.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-05-25 09:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Amchuchu is definitely one of the best.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-25 09:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
I freakin' LOVED using Amchuchu, specifically because (s)he(?)

She. Rule of thumb for Tarutaru's:

Single word = female (Apururu, Amchuchu, Shantotto)

Hyphenated-name = male (Koru-Moru, Karuha-Baruha, Yoran-Oran)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-25 10:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad you're not on Odin I'll voke stuff on pld ;(
By OmniKroe 2017-05-25 12:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Too bad you're not on Odin I'll voke stuff on pld ;(

I used to be on odin.

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
I don't think so, would be a useless tank if so. Look through them yourself:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Trust#Tank

Why not use Ark Angel EV and skillchain off her CDC in between your gf. You can time it since you can see their TP

I was hoping something was misssing on the wiki, and the cor has full tp before the ws animation finishes.

Thanks for the replies i suppose il stick with amchuchu,
By clearlyamule 2017-05-25 12:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gessho tends to spam ninjitsu a lot leaving less time for tping and ws. But generally not as great at tanking as some of the others
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-25 12:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As an aside is Mnejing the only tank trust with a -dt attribute?
By clearlyamule 2017-05-25 12:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
AAEV has one too much it's much smaller.
By eliroo 2017-05-25 12:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

August gets -50% DT during Daybreak. Not sure if that counts
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-25 13:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of bending backwards to avoid trust TP/WS, why not chain with them? With TParty plugin, you can see their TP and plan accordingly.

August
Behavior: doesn't hold TP, just goes at 1000TP, WS is random

Alabaster Burst (Distortion/Detonation)
Fulminous Fury (Fragmentation)
Noble Frenzy (Gravitation)
No Quarter (Light/Distortion)
Null Field (Fusion/Transfixion)
Tartaric Sigil (Compresion/Scission)

Gessho
Behavior: holds TP, attempts to close SC, unless he decides to use a self-buff WS

Hane Fubuki (Transfixion)
Happobarai (Reverberation/Impaction)
Shibaraku (Gravitation)

Amchuchu
Behavior: holds TP to SC, but often misses opportunities

Dimidiation (Light/Fragmentation)
Sickle Moon (Scission/Impaction)

These are just the trusts I tend to use.

Gessho is actually super underrated as a CP tank. If you haste-cap him, he takes almost no damage, and Gravitation is very desirable as a SC property -- he will almost always do Shibaraku after Fusion WS (Mandalic Stab, Scourge, Hexa Strike, Blade: Shun, etc) to make Gravition SC, so he's a very reliable SC partner.

August is more of a pain in the ***, because he has so many different WS at his disposal. You have to think fast to react, and even then, he may use one that doesn't play nicely with your available weapons. The one thing he has going for him is that he just goes when he has TP, so you can wait for him to blow his TP and then SC around him (or have him open as 1st-step).

Amchuchu is nice if you have a setup that is Fusion/Light heavy. Her AI is a bit less predictable tho... sometimes she's too busy doing things to WS, so some SC's will die on the vine.
By eliroo 2017-05-25 13:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Instead of bending backwards to avoid trust TP/WS, why not chain with them? With TParty plugin, you can see their TP and plan accordingly.

Because then I am bending over backwards to try and WS with them.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-25 13:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
August gets -50% DT during Daybreak. Not sure if that counts
I thought that was only pdt.

Also to go on with the Gessho talk above if you have the slots for it Gessho with capped haste and inspiration from Amchuchu is pretty great too

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-25 14:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
AAEV has one too much it's much smaller.
What?
Is there another tank trust with -DT? AAEV but it's smaller amount of -dt.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-25 15:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah phone garbled and double worded really weirdly when I was trying to edit. stupid technology
By eliroo 2017-05-25 15:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I thought that was only pdt.

DT, PDT it doesn't matter. He uses No Quarter when the mob is charging up his tank-buster.
By Kodaijin 2017-05-25 15:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe don't use a tank trust and pick a different trust that will make your killing faster.
By eliroo 2017-05-25 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I had a Qultada that didn't WS.

Most DD trusts are terrible and will mess up skill chains. There is no "Good option" for DDs outside of Shant II.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Kodaijin 2017-05-25 15:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I was not suggesting adding a DD. If the two players are both dou boxing and the two trusts can be support that don't touch the enemy
By Peeks 2017-05-25 15:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

LennartHK said: »

Most DD trusts are terrible and will mess up skill chains. There is no "Good option" for DDs outside of Shant II.
Zeid II is nice and reliable for closing chains to burst off, plus the stunning tp moves bit saves some curing

A side note to this regarding Zeid II. When I leveled jobs, I used my trusts in a way that allowed me to level lazily. Netflix, etc. I used August, Apururu, Ayame, Zeid II, Shantotto II.

I would WS myself 1 time to 'set' Ayame's WS. Afterward, I just engaged mobs and held TP. Ayame would then WS any time she hit 1k, and Zeid II would follow up closing a SC - often times, light. Then Shantotto II does her double MB, which is significant damage sub-99.

Not understanding skillchain properties well, it took time messing around with WSs - but it worked on the majority of jobs; maybe changing up weapon types if necessary.

I only had a few issues with this setup. Sometimes Ayame would WS when a mob was basically dead, wasting a SC. She also sometimes would try to WS while out of range, like if I engaged a mob when she was out of range (pathing, last trust summoned, etc). Summoning Ayame first helps prevent this, but it isn't a perfect fix. It may be possible to use Iroha II in place of Zeid II, as well. I don't have much personal experience with her.

Post deleted by User.
By OmniKroe 2017-05-25 16:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Peeks said: »
LennartHK said: »

Zeid II is nice and reliable for closing chains to burst off, plus the stunning tp moves bit saves some curing

A side note to this regarding Zeid II. When I leveled jobs, I used my trusts in a way that allowed me to level lazily. Netflix, etc. I used August, Apururu, Ayame, Zeid II, Shantotto II.

I would WS myself 1 time to 'set' Ayame's WS. Afterward, I just engaged mobs and held TP. Ayame would then WS any time she hit 1k, and Zeid II would follow up closing a SC - often times, light. Then Shantotto II does her double MB, which is significant damage sub-99.

Not understanding skillchain properties well, it took time messing around with WSs - but it worked on the majority of jobs; maybe changing up weapon types if necessary.

I only had a few issues with this setup. Sometimes Ayame would WS when a mob was basically dead, wasting a SC. She also sometimes would try to WS while out of range, like if I engaged a mob when she was out of range (pathing, last trust summoned, etc). Summoning Ayame first helps prevent this, but it isn't a perfect fix. It may be possible to use Iroha II in place of Zeid II, as well. I don't have much personal experience with her.

This is actually valuable information i knew i could force ayame on a class like whm or geo, however i didnt know zeid was a good closer. Iv been using smeih lafina to close when levelling. Also o never thoight about santotto , thank you.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-27 16:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can other trust WC mess up ayame? I've been trying her out recently, summoned her 1st, but she never opens for me when I use CDC. Just sits on her tp.

Edit: nvm, seems like a WS issue. Works fine with Savage blade.
First Page 2