Forum » FFXI » General » Confused over weapon upgrades - WAR 99
Confused over weapon upgrades - WAR 99
 Asura.Flamecrest
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Flamecrest 2017-05-24 07:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I've already asked on another website and in game, but I feel confused over which weapon upgrade to go for. At the moment I'm in the process of working through RoV and getting CP etc. Once these are complete I'd like to look at upgrading my weapon.

At the moment I'm using the Blurred Cleaver which is a Great Axe. Some players are telling me to go after the relic weapon and some are saying do the trials to get an upgrade.

I'm no doubt wrong but from what I can see, the reward from the final trial is the Liushi Shan better than what I have? I'm not a massive end game person and I'm not looking for the most powerful weapon in the game, but something of an upgrade that I can work towards in my own time.

I am sorry for the questions, but this is my first job at level 99. I played back in 2003 - 2006 but was a lot lower level back then because the content wasn't this high.

Edited for new info/questions:

Am I correct in thinking that the npc called Oboro will also upgrade any weapons from the trials? Are the trial weapons called Empyrean and whichever weapon path I decided to take Oboro will upgrade the weapon for me after meeting the requirements?

Any advice would be great.

PS: Can someone please move this to the Warrior forum.

Thank you.
 Sylph.Kikkilatzi
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kikkilatzi 2017-05-24 08:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Have you looked into Records of Eminence (RoE)? These are easy to do, repeatable Quests which will earn you Sparks. Sparks is a currency you can use to buy Equipment, including weapons up to ilvl 117.

Here is the sparks page on Wikia: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Sparks_of_Eminence

You can start with Eminent Weapons until you can get better ones from doing Wildskeeper Reives or Unity.

Oboro will offer to craft you a Job Specific Weapon once you meet certain requirements, which you will probably clear as you continue along the quests and missions in the game.

edit:

Just saw u are already using Blurred Cleaver which is already ilvl 119. In that case, u are already using a good one which should be enough for non-endgame content.

On Empyrean and Magian Trials, and for the weapon u linked, i think it is the weapon on the Occasionally attacks X times Great Axe line.

here is the link to the Great Axe Trials Page:
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Axe_Trials

Oboro will be responsible for reforging upgraded Relics/Mythics/Emypreans to their current end status. Before that, for example on the Empyrean line, your NPC to go to will be the Magian Moogles in Ru'Lude Gardens near Maat.
 Asura.Flamecrest
By Asura.Flamecrest 2017-05-24 08:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply!

I had the 117 weapon from the sparks version, but then purchased the above 119 Su2 weapon from the Auction. I think its a crafted weapon?
 Sylph.Kikkilatzi
By Sylph.Kikkilatzi 2017-05-24 08:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

And take note of the Su2 connotation, u will be needing at least 100 Job Points to unlock the Superior 2 Equipment gift before you can equip it.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-05-24 08:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Su1 weapons and armor needs 50 JP
Su2 weapons and armor needs 100 JP
Su3 weapons and armor needs 500 JP

if you have a REMA Weapon lv. 99 it can be update to 119 through Oboro by 300 (Currency needed for type of weapon [Plutons=Relic] , [Beitetsu=Mythic] , [Riftborn Boulders = Emperyan])

Then again from 119 to 119 Final with Afterglow by 10,000 (Currency needed for type of weapon [Plutons=Relic] , [Beitetsu=Mythic] , [Riftborn Boulders = Emperyan])

he also can craft you a JSE 119 weapon by requesting the materials needed for such and meeting the Pre-Requirements he has (doing a Merit BCNM on N D or VD will do or SCNM)

Hopefully this helps out.

Good Luck :)

Also for WAR I would say easy weapon to get is GA from Escha-Ru'aun Tier 2 NM :D
 Asura.Flamecrest
By Asura.Flamecrest 2017-05-24 08:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all,

At the moment I'm working through CP and currently have the Su2 weapon equipped as I have 149 JP.
 Sylph.Kikkilatzi
By Sylph.Kikkilatzi 2017-05-24 08:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You are welcome, and I would recommend reading one of the Warrior guides to read up on Weapon and Gear Progression :)

Have fun, enjoy and welcome back to Vana'diel!
[+]