The One I Can Trust
First Page 2
 Asura.Mckellar
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mckellar
By Asura.Mckellar 2017-05-16 09:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So I think we all need to have a concentrated effort to get Altana as the survey Trust!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 10:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll vote for the Onion Brigade NPC that gives you Blaze Spikes, have the Sphere Effect be "Gives Blaze Spikes to everyone" and "Mob Fire Resistance/Fire MDB +300"

To counter the overpowered Blaze Spikes the NPC gives, of course.
By tyalangan 2017-05-16 10:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't receive STP+ from any current Trusts, correct? That may be a useful one. Especially since there are other ways to receive attack+ solo. Took 30 seconds to think about it, so there could be more useful options.
By myaihze 2017-05-16 10:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for shits and grins: Trust Shadow Lord, his sphere effect "intimidate PC's including self"
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2017-05-16 10:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like a Sphere: Haste trust
I filled out the entry form, randomly chose Ygnas since he has battle/movement animations already and is small enough if chosen as a sphere trust.
[+]
By Wolfen 2017-05-16 11:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like Alpha Gnole Anders with counter and regen spheres, more beast trusts would be cool and always wanted Gnole trust ^..^
[+]
By Justuas 2017-05-16 12:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the most powerful/useful alter ego ever implemented.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-16 12:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

was reading this high and thought the OP said afania, my immediate reaction was 'cool', so my vote will stay with him
[+]
By OmniKroe 2017-05-16 12:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like Fe'e. Multihits based on HP.
With an en effect. Maybe enstun. But effects all hits in an attack round. Maybe like enstun samba even. And instead of lame manta tp moves. Give it bad breath and baleful gaze with a logic to always stand i front of the mob. Oh obviously it would have the overwhelm trait. Dont forget the paralyze aura.
I dont think thats too much.
Everytime i read tgats not to much i go up and add something else. To express how uderwhelming this trust would be.
On a more serious note i think we should gain trusts like satellite weapons based on our REMA. That have all the effects of a REMA and use their respective ws. So like if you have a burtgang maybe its a tank trust. Or a ragnarok.. a ghorn. Etc etc. Of course you would need the respective rema to unlock the trust. Which actually makes valuable trusts more then simple to get. It may even add value to useless REMA wepaons like Claustrum.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 12:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

OmniKroe said: »
I would like Fe'e. Multihits based on HP.
With an en effect. Maybe enstun. But effects all hits in an attack round. Maybe like enstun samba even. And instead of lame manta tp moves. Give it bad breath and baleful gaze with a logic to always stand i front of the mob. Oh obviously it would have the overwhelm trait. Dont forget the paralyze aura.
I dont think thats too much.
Everytime i read tgats not to much i go up and add something else. To express how uderwhelming this trust would be.
On a more serious note i think we should gain trusts like satellite weapons based on our REMA. That have all the effects of a REMA and use their respective ws. So like if you have a burtgang maybe its a tank trust. Or a ragnarok.. a ghorn. Etc etc. Of course you would need the respective rema to unlock the trust. Which actually makes valuable trusts more then simple to get. It may even add value to useless REMA wepaons like Claustrum.
Somebody didn't even bother reading the rules on the POL website.

Quote:
Alter Ego Selection
- Any FINAL FANTASY XI NPC that hasn't been made into an alter ego as of Tuesday, May 16, 2017 is eligible.
- The selected alter ego will be displayed as they appear in Vana'diel.
- You can also suggest two Sphere effects. The winning alter ego will not use auto attacks, magic, abilities, or weapon skills.
For example: The alter ego Sakura has a sphere effect that grants Regen and also increases physical combat skill up rate.
If a Sphere effect from an existing alter ego is assigned then the effect will not stack.
The development and operation teams will set the final Sphere effect values.
By OmniKroe 2017-05-16 12:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No i read them. The fact that its temporary means theres no point in even suggesting real things. They are going to do what they want to anyways.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2017-05-16 13:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Look I don't play too much any more, but I'm asking for a team effort on this vote.

Magriffon

Sphere 1: Gilfinder+
Sphere 2: Treasure Hunter+

The fact that he would literally do nothing but stand there while someone else earns him money makes this the perfect choice. If you have any doubts, go do his quest line.
[+]
 Siren.Fndragon
Server: Siren
user: fndragon
By Siren.Fndragon 2017-05-16 13:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I wrote Sakura II (Adult, white chocobo) with the following spheres:

Movement Speed+
Magic Evasion+

If you've done the chocobo racing questlines, you know that there's Sakura is a unique white chocobo model that is fast as heck. We already have the baby version that gives regen and skillup rates, why not the adult version for motoring around and possibly an actual use in battles by being a GEO MEva+ sphere.
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2017-05-16 13:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ygnas: Haste and StoreTP
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-16 13:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

STP and Critical hit damage+ would be pretty sweet auras to have, but I'll have to give which NPC I'd want some thought.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-05-16 13:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure at the NPC, but STP and Regain!
[+]
 Asura.Khieren
user: Cieren
By Asura.Khieren 2017-05-16 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to have a pixie as a trust NPC but I can't think of the auras to give.
By veddertehtaco 2017-05-16 14:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Stp an regain fosho might as well make it one of those silly doll things that invisibly follow us around all the time
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-05-16 14:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I ain't filled out a form yet .. but wouldn't Young Aldo be the most fitting seen as it's an anniversary? The opening cutscene should not be forgotten. He could share his love for his lost sister Emeline when summoned.

He wants to be an adventurer one day .. so he stands at our side to learn from the best while picking up anything he can find. Treasure Hunter and another effect which emphasizes hope for a better future. The sphere effects has to help the new adventurer with their journey across Vana'Diel.

EDIT: After further thought, I'm considering TH+ and Movement Speed+ for Young Aldo's trust. This way new adventurers can make gil easier while also having access to some form of movement speed which you can't find early on. Young Aldo's trust will be available as early as level 1 .. or after acquiring a subjob at the latest.

I was puzzled years ago when Young Aldo (or even regular Aldo) wasn't the main NPC protagonist outside the opening; this addition could be a nod to that. Your thoughts? Good? Bad? Terrible?

[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-16 14:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The only bad thing about a young Aldo would be the fact that it would always remind me how much of a wasted opportunity ACP was.

Asura.Khieren said: »
I would love to have a pixie as a trust NPC but I can't think of the auras to give.

Titania wouldn't be a terrible idea.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-05-16 14:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

as long as it isn't a galka. can't trust 'em.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 15:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys honestly think that SE is going to give out anything good?

It's going to be MND/Status Effect Resist trust that's going to be a taru. Probably that reporter NPC that appears/disappears every now and then for comedy relief.

Something some guy in Japan suggest, nobody wants, and SE screws it up anyway by letting Cure kill every mob with 99999 damage.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-05-16 15:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You guys honestly think that SE is going to give out anything good?

It's going to be MND/Status Effect Resist trust that's going to be a taru. Probably that reporter NPC that appears/disappears every now and then for comedy relief.

Something some guy in Japan suggest, nobody wants, and SE screws it up anyway by letting Cure kill every mob with 99999 damage.

You are playing Gordon Ramsey to perfection. Now all you need is to throw a Taru at someone for messing up the Galkan sausages.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-16 15:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cornelia (as in Karst's daughter) would be kind of cool, as she's a unique non-combat NPC who is named after the first city in the original Final Fantasy.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 15:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gladly!

/grabs Lina and tosses her at Kojo.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-05-16 18:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yurim from the In the Name of Science quest in Tavnavian Safehold.
*bubble bubble*
By waffle 2017-05-16 18:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Cornelia (as in Karst's daughter) would be kind of cool, as she's a unique non-combat NPC who is named after the first city in the original Final Fantasy.

Cornela Karst was my first thought too. She has a unique model, with a cape no less, and isn't associated with any job or with being in combat, so she's suited as a sphere trust.

For the spheres, I'm leaning towards TP Bonus and Store TP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Comment: No P&R outside of P&R.
By Qualo 2017-05-16 19:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If I can't have Mahayaya, I don't want anyone.
First Page 2