xbox 360 controller help

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunamae
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunamae 2017-05-15 01:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

is the controller compatible with windows 10 check if can update drivers im still on windows 7 and one reasons i wont update as 10 doesnt support everything. maybe double check controller website see if they support windows 10
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-05-15 01:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The wireless 360 controller is fully compatible with Windows 10. So I would assume that the wired is as well. Make sure you have everything enabled and up to date driver and it should work just fine
 Asura.Berlon
Server: Asura
user: Berlack
By Asura.Berlon 2017-05-15 06:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this issue, you need to change it to the 'E' configuration from the pre-set controller drop down.
By Jetackuu 2017-05-15 07:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it an official controller? Is x-input enabled and hat switches disabled?
 Sylph.Runninwolf
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Runninwolf 2017-05-15 07:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You may want to check if Legacy Components and DirectPlay are turned on.

Press the windows key + S key, search for Programs and Features, on the left of the P&F window you will see "Turn Windows Features on or off", scroll down a little and you will see "Legacy Component", click the little "+" next to it to expand it, make sure "DirectPlay" is checked off, now that both Legacy Components and DirectPlay are checked off click "OK".

This should hopefully make everything work. If it does not you may have to track down "dxwebsetup" from microsoft and reinstall FFXI with directx checked off when installing.

I play on Windows 10, but I use an Xbox one controller. Getting directX to work, so that XInput showed up was a nightmare to figure out, but at least I now have vibration and can use the triggers, so it works like it did on PS2.
By Jetackuu 2017-05-15 08:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Runninwolf said: »
You may want to check if Legacy Components and DirectPlay are turned on.

Press the windows key + S key, search for Programs and Features, on the left of the P&F window you will see "Turn Windows Features on or off", scroll down a little and you will see "Legacy Component", click the little "+" next to it to expand it, make sure "DirectPlay" is checked off, now that both Legacy Components and DirectPlay are checked off click "OK".

This should hopefully make everything work. If it does not you may have to track down "dxwebsetup" from microsoft and reinstall FFXI with directx checked off when installing.

I play on Windows 10, but I use an Xbox one controller. Getting directX to work, so that XInput showed up was a nightmare to figure out, but at least I now have vibration and can use the triggers, so it works like it did on PS2.

None of that should be necessary, and directplay under legacy components has to be enabled or you can't even play the game.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
Server: Bahamut
user: Sephiran
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2017-06-05 03:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having this issue too with EVERY controller I try. They won't work in configuration or FFXI. Only the vibration test works, and the controller works just fine in POL Viewer.
By Jetackuu 2017-06-05 08:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sephiran said: »
I'm having this issue too with EVERY controller I try. They won't work in configuration or FFXI. Only the vibration test works, and the controller works just fine in POL Viewer.
Install the M$ 360 driver and try again.
 Sylph.Mozhat
Server: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2017-06-05 09:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Device manager, @ the bottom you will find Xbox360 peripherals.
Click >,
right click xbox 360 for windows, click on update drivers software.
Click on Browse my computer for diver software.
Click on, let me chose from the list.
make sure box is checked, show compatible hardware.
load the lateest software for 10.0.14393.0[7/15/2016]
click next to load.

should work.

On the gamepad setting in FFXI config you should have only the boxes checked on the right upper corner in gamepad options
Enable force feedback
Enable Ximput
Enable gamepad when game is inactive.

good luck.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-06-06 18:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently got a Xbox One controller to replace my old ps3 controller and I'm having my own set of issues.
I'm on windows 8.1
As of this post i've uninstalled all my old drivers from what i can tell(changed them manually so that they weren't my custom drivers then uninstalled to be extra safe) and let windows download a new set.
I've managed to pair it up just fine with my bluetooth although it doesn't seem to do anything other than pair so far.
When I plugged it in I was able to calibrate and test it fine outside of XI. It works in playonline config as well.
(Devices and printers> Right click on a controller then Game controller settings. I set the default as the Xbox One controller. Then I select the controller and hit properties where i calibrated it and it appears to be working normally.
Then I went into FFXIconfig as administrator and attempted to configure my gamepad there but it doesn't respond to the controller at all except for the vibration test.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2017-06-07 00:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
I recently got a Xbox One controller to replace my old ps3 controller and I'm having my own set of issues.
I'm on windows 8.1
As of this post i've uninstalled all my old drivers from what i can tell(changed them manually so that they weren't my custom drivers then uninstalled to be extra safe) and let windows download a new set.
I've managed to pair it up just fine with my bluetooth although it doesn't seem to do anything other than pair so far.
When I plugged it in I was able to calibrate and test it fine outside of XI. It works in playonline config as well.
(Devices and printers> Right click on a controller then Game controller settings. I set the default as the Xbox One controller. Then I select the controller and hit properties where i calibrated it and it appears to be working normally.
Then I went into FFXIconfig as administrator and attempted to configure my gamepad there but it doesn't respond to the controller at all except for the vibration test.

Not unique. Your issue is the same as mine. I've tried EVERY type of controller. Generic USB, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360...
By Pantafernando 2017-06-08 17:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on windows 8.1

Did you try checking "Enable XInput"?
At least on mine, if i leave it unchecked, it seems my controller doesnt work, but seems normal when that option is enabled.
By Jetackuu 2017-06-08 18:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

X-Input type controllers:

PS3
XBone
F310 in "X" mode.

Direct Input type devices:

PS2 controller via adapter
old logitech controllers
F310 in "D" mode.

(and I'm aware there's many more), fortunately SE decided to add x-input support finally after many years even though it's default in DX9+ apps, XI is still based on 8.1 (iirc). Due to Microshit and their functioning as designed nonsense we had to put up with weird methods for years. Unfortunately it's still not forgiving and from the accounts of others if you have an x-input type device it's probably in your best interest to manually install the 360 drivers. As for the XBone controller I'm outright not sure as I don't have an adapter, sorry.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-06-08 22:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I'm on windows 8.1

Did you try checking "Enable XInput"?
At least on mine, if i leave it unchecked, it seems my controller doesn't work, but seems normal when that option is enabled.
Yes. The controller not working even with XInput checked is not an unusual thing from what ive been google searching.
I did manage to find something a few minutes ago.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJmJQ5NpWeqcDV1YXJDTW4wY2M/view?usp=sharing
So far it seems to work. I've not tested to see if the bluetooth drivers also work properly
There is a big annoying con of it starting to vibrate all of the time so I'm going to start looking into how to disable that. I was busy earlier so I couldn't take a moment to fiddle with things.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2017-06-15 21:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
X-Input type controllers:

PS3
XBone
F310 in "X" mode.

Direct Input type devices:

PS2 controller via adapter
old logitech controllers
F310 in "D" mode.

(and I'm aware there's many more), fortunately SE decided to add x-input support finally after many years even though it's default in DX9+ apps, XI is still based on 8.1 (iirc). Due to Microshit and their functioning as designed nonsense we had to put up with weird methods for years. Unfortunately it's still not forgiving and from the accounts of others if you have an x-input type device it's probably in your best interest to manually install the 360 drivers. As for the XBone controller I'm outright not sure as I don't have an adapter, sorry.
I've tried ALL of these in all modes...still nothing but vibrate. I put in a bug report. I'm beginning to have withdrawals.