New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Dual wield offhand Aftermath
Dual wield offhand Aftermath
 WLT
By WLT 2017-05-14 22:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So i took the obvious choice for main hand weapon to Aeneas but im lost on the offhand choice which one should i go for Varja or Twasthar but of coarse to this choice a major factor will be if and what aftermath work/can work on any of those as being used to offhand.
I tried searching about it A LOT only thing i managed to find is that nothing works on relic as an offhand but nothing for Mythic or Empyrean weapons. Can anybody enlighten me please? Thanks in Advance.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-05-14 22:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wut?

You only get AM from your mainhand weapon. Twasthar for offhand, you receive the benefit of the +50 Dex from Twash offhand. For Aeneas offhand you only get the +10 STP, but not the TP Bonus. Don't think you would ever offhand Vajra.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-14 22:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You would offhand Vajra in town because of the exquisite craftsmanship of the dagger. Please do some fashion research before posting, Stamos, thanks.
[+]
 WLT
By WLT 2017-05-15 10:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i guess that settles it ill go for the lowest delay possible then which is twashar, also why i would never offhand varja ? Not worth because of bigger delay or if i get it its so good it should be mh?
Lastly does it worth looking to any other dagger as an offhand? Other than Twashar that is?
By fillerbunny9 2017-05-15 11:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

WLT said: »
Ok i guess that settles it ill go for the lowest delay possible then which is twashar, also why i would never offhand varja ? Not worth because of bigger delay or if i get it its so good it should be mh?
Lastly does it worth looking to any other dagger as an offhand? Other than Twashar that is?

Because it makes a bad offhand weapon. Aside from having 269 skill, it brings nothing to the table. When used in the offhand you can basically ignore every bonus an RMEA weapon offers, with the exception of Twashtar's DEX. Mandau loses its attack, relic damage procs, etc. Vajra loses its SATA enhancements. Aeneas loses its TP Bonus 500 (but retains the Store TP+10).
 WLT
By WLT 2017-05-15 18:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok greatly appreciate the info, i knew nothing works for relic as offhand but since other stats work on mythic empyrean i had thoughts that aftermath might did also. Anyhow no other better option as an offhand from twashar is that correct? any dagger not just RMEA.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-05-15 18:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeneas/Twashtar is the generally agreed upon absolute best combo for THF. With this combo, you're basically spamming Rudra's ASAP, and the offhand DEX is huge for Rudra's.

Vajra's AM3 is devalued due to the exceptionally large amount of multi-attack available these days. The SA/TA bonuses are still very nice, but are generally outweighed by the ability to spam 1750 Rudra's at 1k.
[+]
 WLT
By WLT 2017-05-15 18:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright that settles it, many thanks for the helpful responses, check the dragoon section if you wanna give me a hand on my questions there also!
[+]