How To Remove Addons That Have Replaced DAT Files?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How to remove addons that have replaced DAT files?
How to remove addons that have replaced DAT files?
By Flamecrest 2017-04-22 06:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I've started using the XI Vision V1.03 Maps and XI View V2.02 addons yesterday and since then game has been crashing back to the POL viewer a couple of times. I'd like to remove try remove the addons one at a time to see if the game is crashing because of these. Is it possible to restore the originally DAT files for FFXI without reinstalling the whole game?

Many thanks
By geigei 2017-04-22 06:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think by doing a file check in pol.
By Flamecrest 2017-04-22 06:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I think by doing a file check in pol.
I'll try that. Thank you.
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2017-04-22 08:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You're probably using an old version of XI View. Typically it causes game crashes when something about the UI gets updated and the files don't get updated. Last I knew 2.02 wasn't the name of the rar file produced, I've got one named XIView Master.

The vision maps shouldn't cause issues since those haven't changed in forever.
By Flamecrest 2017-04-22 15:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sulia said: »
You're probably using an old version of XI View. Typically it causes game crashes when something about the UI gets updated and the files don't get updated. Last I knew 2.02 wasn't the name of the rar file produced, I've got one named XIView Master.

The vision maps shouldn't cause issues since those haven't changed in forever.
Thanks for the info. I ran the repair option and sadly didn't remove the addons fully, so I'm reinstalling the game. I guess the addons I was running might have been older versions?

Thanks anyway :)
By Aeyela 2017-04-22 15:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's not too much effort, you could cross check which files will have been replaced when you copied them in, and delete them. Files being 'different' does not always trigger an error during a file check, but a missing file does.