New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » wondering what its like on yall server
wondering what its like on yall server
First Page 2
By stomper 2017-04-21 14:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i am posting on my mules account, the current server that i play on is very much dead during the daytime and only has maybe 3 endgame ls left and i would say the average NA population is at most ever 350ppl

i am a melee DD player at heart and i do have corsair as well for support job for when i cant be my favorite jobs .....i have a 269 ragnarok and a 242 annihilator relic gun and the rest of my DD jobs are well geared i might make an Amano next.........what i was wondering was cause everyone tells me that on Asura server everyone is welcome that there is lots of linkshells to join would someone like me be able to fit in there someone who doesnt play mage jobs or would i need to lvl one ....and i do have reasons for not having one and i could explain myself if needed

thanks in advance for your replies
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-21 15:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Baby stomper or cocoon stomper? :0
[+]
 Asura.Patb
Server: Asura
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2017-04-21 15:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Maybe a Waffle Stomper?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-21 15:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »
Maybe a Waffle Stomper?
:0!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By stomper 2017-04-21 15:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

useful replies only please
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-21 15:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

stomper said: »
Odin or asura pick one. Those are the biggest in people but personally I've seen more shouts in Asura.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-21 16:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-21 16:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Omg lol
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-21 16:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

what i was wondering was cause everyone tells me that on Asura server everyone is welcome that there is lots of linkshells to join would someone like me be able to fit in there someone who doesnt play mage jobs or would i need to lvl one ....and i do have reasons for not having one and i could explain myself if needed
You will need a mage job. Especially coming from outside.

Only people who fulltime DD (and even then, they don't fulltime DD) are those who have friends who would also be support/mage and also incredibly geared and knowledgeable.

Savael is the only person I know who could get away with fulltiming DD, he is that good. But I know he doesn't.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-21 16:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

what i was wondering was cause everyone tells me that on Asura server everyone is welcome that there is lots of linkshells to join would someone like me be able to fit in there someone who doesnt play mage jobs or would i need to lvl one ....and i do have reasons for not having one and i could explain myself if needed

Only people who fulltime DD (and even then, they don't fulltime DD) are those who have friends who would also be support/mage and also incredibly geared and knowledgeable.

Savael is the only person I know who could get away with fulltiming DD, he is that good. But I know he doesn't.
To add to that make or support. Most of the time it's pld support and mages nuking ***down. I mean you see all my 119s and I'm usually on cor or pld. Very rarely anything else.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-21 16:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

To add to that make or support. Most of the time it's pld support and mages nuking ***down. I mean you see all my 119s and I'm usually on cor or pld. Very rarely anything else.
With the monster evasion nerf, it's not uncommon for melee setups to come back to play.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-21 16:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

With the monster evasion nerf, it's not uncommon for melee setups to come back to play.
I agree but you know those type of people stuck in the "easy way" still :(
[+]
By Ornah 2017-04-26 23:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

PM me and we can talk, I might be interested in recruiting you ;)
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-04-27 03:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I moved to Asura for the same reason, ragnaroks population was really small. Ive gotten quite a bit done since i moved here a few months ago, definetly a good idea. I see 1400-1600 on at peak times, people are always shouting for stuff. As for jobs, if you dont like mages, I got into COR which a lot of people like to use. I dislike mage jobs aswell.
By Vijara 2017-04-27 07:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group on Lakshmi kills all the Aeonic mobs melee except for Zerde and Yakshi. It is very doable in the current meta of this game. BLM burns are way slower and don't win nearly as much.

Oh and Lakshmi is as backwoods as it gets. I wouldn't recommend coming here unless you like being left alone.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2017-04-27 08:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Vijara said: »
I wouldn't recommend coming here unless you like being left alone.

Why do you think I'm here?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-27 08:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Vijara said: »
I wouldn't recommend coming here unless you like being left alone.

Why do you think I'm here?
Cause the server Hades hates you.
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-04-27 08:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thing about Asura is you get the best of both worlds. There's a lot of new comer shells that help people coming back or brand new. And a lot of endgame shells. Almost all content can be done and PUGs formed by shouting. (Though have to deal with a few shout trolls). There's something for everyone here. Best move I've made in awhile was coming from Bahamut to Asura. I'd say try it out.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-27 10:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of stuff happening on Asura, plenty of groups in the entire spectrum of skill. Newbie friendly groups, mid range statics and end game shells farming Aeonics and ***. Even some super snobbish group if that's your cup of tea.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-27 10:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is the place to be if you want to hang with a group etc. If you want to make gil, watch the world burn and wAtch some people QQQ come to Odin! Buwhada
By Elazar1 2017-04-27 11:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the population like on Odin? I just came back after 10 months out, and Baha is dead,
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-27 11:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
What's the population like on Odin? I just came back after 10 months out, and Baha is dead,
Second highest populated server
 Asura.Lothire
user: Lothire
By Asura.Lothire 2017-04-27 11:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i am posting on my mules account, the current server that i play on is very much dead during the daytime and only has maybe 3 endgame ls left and i would say the average NA population is at most ever 350ppl

i am a melee DD player at heart and i do have corsair as well for support job for when i cant be my favorite jobs .....i have a 269 ragnarok and a 242 annihilator relic gun and the rest of my DD jobs are well geared i might make an Amano next.........what i was wondering was cause everyone tells me that on Asura server everyone is welcome that there is lots of linkshells to join would someone like me be able to fit in there someone who doesnt play mage jobs or would i need to lvl one ....and i do have reasons for not having one and i could explain myself if needed

If you want a server reminiscent of the old days, packed - maybe even overcrowded at times, come to Asura. I know that not all people enjoy that kind of gameplay, though. Some people detest crowded servers, and understandably so. However, I personally love when a server is jam packed, because I find the positives outweigh the negatives.

One of the negatives is being unable to enter certain instance zones because they're full. Also, city chat can be absolutely terrible at times. But it's all worth it to see people everywhere you go.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-27 12:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lothire said: »

If you want a server reminiscent of the old days, packed - maybe even overcrowded at times, come to Asura. I know that not all people enjoy that kind of gameplay, though. Some people detest crowded servers, and understandably so. However, I personally love when a server is jam packed, because I find the positives outweigh the negatives.

One of the negatives is being unable to enter certain instance zones because they're full. Also, city chat can be absolutely terrible at times. But it's all worth it to see people everywhere you go.
Or on Odin "why can't these people just die!"
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-04-27 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's quiet, but it's good as there's no drama or idiots yelling dumb things on a daily basis. No fighting over anything. No congestion. I just wish we had more players to pick from, but those who are on this server are good people and work well together. Sellers have a great time as the AH is not as full so you can charge extra for the latest synth. Sucks for buyers .. as you may have to pay extra or go out and farm the item yourself.

Had a few players jump server to join us. My LS is in the process of making our first Aeonic and clearing Omen. Beat Omen the other night several times. Might be a little behind other servers, but we still have fun despite the lack of players. Don't need to go to a crowded server to get things done.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-27 12:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
It's quiet, but it's good as there's no drama or idiots yelling dumb things on a daily basis. No fighting over anything. No congestion. I just wish we had more players to pick from, but those who are on this server are good people and work well together. Sellers have a great time as the AH is not as full so you can charge extra for the latest synth. Sucks for buyers .. as you usually end up having to go out and farm something yourself.
:hears synthing gil ding ding!:what server is this ;0
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-04-27 12:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A server where if you craft .. you're god. There's not many crafters around, so seeing HQs for abjurations (for example) would net you a lot more gil than on a crowded server as the players here have no choice but to pay what you charge due to the severe lack of options. I also noticed stuff like Moonbeam sell a lot more as there's way less players crafting than on a server like Asura or Odin. And this comes from a player who never crafts .. I really should so I can take advantage of it.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-04-27 13:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is full, go to odin
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-27 13:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply