How Many Taranus's Do You Guys Lug Around?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » How many Taranus's do you guys lug around?
How many Taranus's do you guys lug around?
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2017-04-19 17:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm dusting off my BLM for the first time since forever and need advice. I figure I will be making the following Taranus's capes:

-General nuking
-Death (when I get it, only 33JP atm)
-Fast Cast
-Enfeebling
-Cure potency?

On the general nuking cape, what's the best dye augment? I'm leaning towards magic accuracy because 10 magic damage seems too little gain to risk resists. Or maybe 10 INT? Obviously for the other augs I will be going INT, MACC/MDMG, and MAB.

Any other hints? Maybe I could stack magic evasion and such on the Fast Cast cape to double it up as a magic defense piece. What do people generally make nowadays?
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-19 17:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a general nuking and a Death cape. You can make a FC one that can double as your enfeebling one.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-04-19 17:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Would triple as a healing cape, you really don't need cure potency in the back slot nowadays.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-19 18:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

so many fastcast options, do you really need a fastcast one? dont want to start the arguement about quick magic again, but if your tight on inventory, you can easily hit cap without the 10 back
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-04-19 18:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

MP/FC/MAcc+MDMG for Death and fast cast. FC is probably the best option for Death, so you might as well use it for the Fast Cast.

INT/MAB/MAcc+MDMG for normal nukes, Vidohunir, and enfeebling.

Enmity+/MEva/HP/MEva for tankiiiiiiing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-19 19:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic, but are people actually using death still? I pretty much phased it out, given every t4 has a better kill method and almost all lesser content dies in 1-2 elemental sc+mbs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-04-19 19:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not use it for anything and reaugmented my amalric+1 for normal nukes.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-19 19:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I use it for select AAs, Byakko and Golden Kist, that's about it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-04-19 19:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

FTR Comet also does 99k on Byakko v2.

I think not making a cape for it is acceptable now, but it might become relevant again in the future.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-19 20:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Off topic, but are people actually using death still? I pretty much phased it out, given every t4 has a better kill method and almost all lesser content dies in 1-2 elemental sc+mbs.

You can still cast in on fodder for TP before an Escha battle. :)

Just curious, what's the better method for Albumen? The hard hate reset seems to make ranged a bit messy/drawn out, and the status/stun spam in close is pretty unbearable as well.

(I hope you don't say conduit spam lol)
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2017-04-19 20:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Went 1/1 with Run Blu Blu Geo Geo Whm, Brd Rdm Cor(Prefight rolls, dropped out) Both Blus died during the fight due to hate reset but we still killed before third set of Adds. Have to use carols and vex/attune to block amnesia etc. Was a lot faster than the Death strategy our group used to use but had more risk.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-04-19 21:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My second strat for Albumen is pretty similar to that:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Albumen
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-19 22:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I use
Blux3 geo whm
Pld geo brd

And outside buffers

With harden shell, barrier tusk, mighty guard, miso ramen, wilt the pld is mostly just there to give adds a target on pop. Blus shouldnt die as long as they fan out to minimize counters and are quick on panacea.

Multiboxed maybe 15 kills like that, 1 or 2 losses caused by personal errors, 1 loss caused by blus dying in a probably unpreventable way. Pretty reliable and with the time saved not waiting on adds a single reset is pretty unconsequential.

Dont pop at night though, even if troub is up to dispel it seems to immediately level up and gain insane eva from phaenopsis(sp?).
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-20 09:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I do not use it for anything and reaugmented my amalric+1 for normal nukes.
hands? or something else?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-20 11:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I use
Blux3 geo whm
Pld geo brd

And outside buffers

With harden shell, barrier tusk, mighty guard, miso ramen, wilt the pld is mostly just there to give adds a target on pop. Blus shouldnt die as long as they fan out to minimize counters and are quick on panacea.

Multiboxed maybe 15 kills like that, 1 or 2 losses caused by personal errors, 1 loss caused by blus dying in a probably unpreventable way. Pretty reliable and with the time saved not waiting on adds a single reset is pretty unconsequential.

Dont pop at night though, even if troub is up to dispel it seems to immediately level up and gain insane eva from phaenopsis(sp?).

what outside buffers/what bard songs are you using? looking into doing it melee style as well since RNG is kind of slow and causes us to sleep too many times
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-20 11:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

melee:
protect
shell
boostdex
blu ***listed earlier
barfira
baramnesra
fire carolx2(amnesia)
dark carolx2(doom)
honor march
madx2
minuet5
chaos
samurai
rogues
fighters

(you really don't need that much.. i would highly advise the second brd but the cors are more of a 'use because i have' situation, it usually dies with tons of time to spare even with 2 leeches.. left it at 8 songs because i use dual cor but you could throw up ice carols or more minuets if you have daurs/room)

tank:
pro/shell
barfira
baramnesra
ice carolx2
earth carolx2
fire carolx2
dark carolx2
marchx2

tank pt geo does attune/vex, entrust wilt

melee pt geo does attune/frailty, entrust precision fury torpor on DD (wild card or revit entrust just before pop so you can use it, use it, revit, use it a third time)

ideally, you can kill before third set of adds but since #9 is fine to pop you can also pop n/t/marcato/revit and buy a new revit before popping to cover third add pop if needed

and can't stress enough that my buffs are severely overkill, there's just no reason not to use everything i have available