Forum » FFXI » General » Can't sort AH Alphabetically
Can't sort AH Alphabetically
 Carbuncle.Jsbahamut
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: JSbahamut
By Carbuncle.Jsbahamut 2017-04-16 17:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello dear FFXIAH. I'm trying to find out why just about everyone is able to sort Auction items in alphabetical order, but my account's chars cant.

What the "sort" option does for me is reverse the original list, putting the newest introduced items first, oldest last.

What I've tried so far that didn't help:
- Sorting again and again and again.
- Resetting absolutely all AH list
- Checking all mules. Same sorting system as main

Did I hit a weird option on a forgotten NPC ages ago? Does everyone have a plugin for AH sorting that I somehow missed?

Any and all help welcome!
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Server: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2017-04-16 17:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

somewhere in the /USER folder is the AH stuff, on fresh installs, my AH always seems to be unsorted, take a look in there?

check for AUCSORT.DAT, save it somewhere else and delete the original, see if that helps.

edit: found the file.
 Carbuncle.Jsbahamut
By Carbuncle.Jsbahamut 2017-04-16 18:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried. Deleting the file did remove all the AH sorting of the character, but using the "sort" button did just the same as before =/
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-16 20:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jsbahamut said: »
Just tried. Deleting the file did remove all the AH sorting of the character, but using the "sort" button did just the same as before =/
Not every AH category can be sorted alphabetically, armor and weapons are the major ones that can't, and I'm guessing that is your problem aka no real problem.
 Carbuncle.Jsbahamut
By Carbuncle.Jsbahamut 2017-04-17 03:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how you could come to this conclusion from the way I described the issue really.

To clarify then, I can't sort -any- AH category alphabetically, which is mostly an annoyance to find crafting materials.
The "sort" button, under any category that does sort that way for other players, reverses the original list, putting newest items first.
For instance, "sort" on goldsmithing materials will put Hepatizon stuff first, Zinc last.

Might be worth saying my install comes from Steam, if that could have any influence.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Server: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2017-04-17 18:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jsbahamut said: »
I don't know how you could come to this conclusion from the way I described the issue really.

To clarify then, I can't sort -any- AH category alphabetically, which is mostly an annoyance to find crafting materials.
The "sort" button, under any category that does sort that way for other players, reverses the original list, putting newest items first.
For instance, "sort" on goldsmithing materials will put Hepatizon stuff first, Zinc last.

Might be worth saying my install comes from Steam, if that could have any influence.

i just checked, i dont see Alphabetical, but what i see is "Reset List" which puts the items back in the order they we're added to the Game, if u "SORT" it agian, it should put alphabetical.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [707 days between previous and next post]
By Tomlaps 2019-03-25 10:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there, or "Bonjour",

Not sure you are still playing Jsbahamut, this is probably be a "Necro Bump detected" but i had same problem.
Then i noticed that my POL was still in French after i reinstalled the game on my new PC... "Oh, let's change to english"... and now i can sort things @ AH.

Enjoy.
[+]
By shuff 2019-03-27 03:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ! Un français !
By mpesquet 2019-03-29 10:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, Tomlaps. Was wondering why my friend couldn't sort either. You rock!
By DaneBlood 2019-04-02 15:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont you guys have 2 colors to much for the french flag ?
I thougt it looked like this [ ]