Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-13 07:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trumpy said: »
I get that lag when running thru a city on both my characters in specific spots. For me its happened on 3 different PCs and ALWAYS in the same spot for at least a couple years. the fountain (where u get sanction in whitegate) and the fountain in west adoulin. Everytime my second non focus character stops on his screen in place and I outrun him so he loses follow. There might be at least 2 other places this happens that I cant think of atm. But I dont think its a windower problem necessarily. When Adoulin came out this didnt happen to me in adoulin or whitegate, but eventually started to occur everytime.

Samunai-- Just out of curiosity are those locations you have that happen at everytime (is it just me?)?

for me, currently, its inside BCNMs/Omen/Reisenjima omen area/Avatar fights the most. also... i never had it before but port sandy became laggy as well- new to me ;; kinda like where a lot of people gather with bubbles/avatars out or just in general- a lot of people. Ive been playing with lv1 RSE armor on since they introduced it so i cannot scale it down. But i think i should not scale anything down- just find the source of my lag ._.;
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-13 09:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i just used a program to determine if my GC gets too hot, everything is sailing on 30-40C , (~80-100F). so that's not it at least.

also, not using GS at all still makes me lag. so not it either.

its seems to be around GLOWY stuff (people can also be glowy) . even the lamp in windurst have started to lag me :\ a.k.a. rubberband me.

continuing my investigation :x
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-13 11:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

4.2 bro. The frustration isnt worth it
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-05-13 13:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything new on weird windows key issues and binds? I have 1 account working, other don't hah.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-13 13:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, it's not the controller causing the momentary freezing. It's AutoHotKey. For shits and giggles I replaced joy9 and joy10 q and w (I forgot to reload the script just now and my q and w stopped working lol) and the momentary freezing still happened. Below is my Ahk script for switching windows. I'm thinking it has something to do with WinActivate that's messing things up.
By Rife 2017-05-13 15:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

With hook x.x.x.17 on Windows 10

im noticing that when I alt-tab to change character, buttons are being pressed, sometimes enter, or other things

not using a controller btw
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-13 18:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rife said: »

im noticing that when I alt-tab to change character, buttons are being pressed, sometimes enter, or other things

i have that too but i am using a gamepad. i solved my gamepad-works-on-two-chars issue rather quickly but this occured to me since a day or 2.

also, i crash when im trying to use a script too 'soon' after zoning. im just a roll corsair so i only have 2-3 macros and when i use something like stoneskin (+script) i crash. it happened 4x today back-to-back

@dannyl
i guess ill do it tomorrow. lil late now :P
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2017-05-13 19:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rife said: »

Same here, hook 17 on Win10 with Creators Update, no controller, happens with a single instance of FFXI running as well as dual box. The game registers Alt-Enter sometimes when I Alt-Tab out. This will fire whatever macro happens to be selected in the Alt- row on the macro bar. Sometimes other keypresses seem to be registered, as I get spurious "A command error occurred" messages in the chat log. Not able to tell exactly which ones in those cases.
[+]
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-13 23:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

I pushed hook 4.3.0.18 to -dev, which should (for sure!) fix Windows Key keybinds. Let me know if it doesn't. It may also fix other random keyboard issues (here's hoping).

I'm trying to find a solution to enable setkey in the background, but it's proving a bit difficult. There are things that work but break other stuff.

As for the AHK delay.. the only thing I could really suggest is to code your own simple handler for it (or get someone that isn't me to do it!). You can try removing #WinActivateForce, I think it helps a little.
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-14 00:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
Hi,

I pushed hook 4.3.0.18 to -dev, which should (for sure!) fix Windows Key keybinds. Let me know if it doesn't. It may also fix other random keyboard issues (here's hoping).

I'm trying to find a solution to enable setkey in the background, but it's proving a bit difficult. There are things that work but break other stuff.

As for the AHK delay.. the only thing I could really suggest is to code your own simple handler for it (or get someone that isn't me to do it!). You can try removing #WinActivateForce, I think it helps a little.

I tried removing #WinActivateForce, but it only made the problem random. I'm goign to test AHK with two other non-ffxi windows to see if it's AHK itself, but not tonight. :-D
 Fenrir.Aisaka
user: Kari
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-05-14 00:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You're beautiful. Will post if I find any issues, thanks a lot for this one.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-14 05:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hook 4.3.1.0

* Fix window retaining frame when toggled in windowed mode
* Fix the use of setkey while out of focus (again)
* Fix the use of Windows Key binds with multiple instances running

lemme know z_z
[+]
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-14 09:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hook 4.3.1.0

lemme know z_z

might be a weird question but how do i update W manually? bc i still have hook 4.3.1.017
ive done some stupid things like //update windower xD but didnt work <_<; or...maybe it shouldve? xD pls assist ^^/
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-05-14 09:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

omg i do not know what happened, or else i would share it... but my lag is gone! hurray . i hope i can find out what i was so i can share it but atm i do not know what it is. all i know is that my lag was originating from glowing objects (avatars,lamps,ppl w/ AG weapons, teleports etc) .
By Rife 2017-05-14 11:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hook 4.3.1.0

lemme know z_z

Appreciate the continued efforts, will report any problems I notice
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-14 16:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For all of you still sitting on 4.2, please give 4.3.1.1 a try. We have fixed pretty much all of the behavioral issues at this point.

Additionally, as of the most recent push to the dev branch, many of the crash on logout problems should be taken care of as well.

Appreciate the patience (well, some of ya) and feedback~
[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2017-05-14 21:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So far so good, the problems I had before seem to be gone... granted, only tested for a couple hours but usually that's enough to notice something wrong. Tested a single instance as well as dual- and 3-boxing. Will report back if I find anything tonight.
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2017-05-15 02:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For all of you still sitting on 4.2, please give 4.3.1.1 a try. We have fixed pretty much all of the behavioral issues at this point.

Additionally, as of the most recent push to the dev branch, many of the crash on logout problems should be taken care of as well.

Hi, gave the dev version a try, pol still crashing.

Here is the dump:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oudhuhhusxlqk0s/pol.exe.7864.dmp?dl=0

(I'm using Vista still >.<)
 Shiva.Trumpy
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-15 04:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, Thank you Cair for all your guyses work.

My Alt Macro Pallet is now operating fine. My windows keys binds are workin beautifully EVEN F1 which opened bing search for help. But the out of focus setkey is still borked. Hopefully it can be solved soon. It is still waitin to get triggered when i switch focus back to its window.

Is it "enjoyable" squashin bugs like this or just irritatin as *** for you guys? Id guess some people enjoy solving problems or whatevs.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-15 04:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all your work guys.
Some still open things from me:

1) No Sound when the game is minimized, even if the off-focus sound option is on. It's been discussed before but I didn't get if you guys plan to fix this sometime in the future, or if you simply don't because you prefer things like this compared to how they were on 4.2 and before.

2) I've noticed something strange that I really don't know how to describe. It's about... lighting? Gamma? When something happens (weather? clouds? in-game time change?) there are situations where you see a big lighting/luminance change in the game (affects everything, both the characters and the environments). I really don't know how to explain it, but it didn't happen to me on 4.2 and before.

It's not a big issue, it just feels "strange" and I'm finding it hard to explain what really happens :x
 Phoenix.Amarok
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amarok 2017-05-15 09:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an issue ever since installing the creators update, and using an xbox wireless joypad. This is my 2nd/mule char, and often the joypad powers off to save battery when I'm on follow etc and haven't touched the controls for a while.

The issue is that every 2-3 seconds the game freezes while it tries to poll the joypad (which isn't there when powered off). The freeze lasts about 1s, but it completely buggers up following or any other automated task on the char.

I've just tried the latest dev version and it's still the same. I haven't yet checked to see if it does the same under normal POL environment.

The "always enable joypad" option in Windower doesn't seem to make any difference. So perhaps Microsoft have changed the way wireless controllers are polled at OS level in the creators update?

An obvious fix would be to buy a wired controller, but would prefer a software fix since this was working ok before. Any ideas?
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-15 12:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trumpy said: »
Welp, Thank you Cair for all your guyses work.

My Alt Macro Pallet is now operating fine. My windows keys binds are workin beautifully EVEN F1 which opened bing search for help. But the out of focus setkey is still borked. Hopefully it can be solved soon. It is still waitin to get triggered when i switch focus back to its window.

Is it "enjoyable" squashin bugs like this or just irritatin as *** for you guys? Id guess some people enjoy solving problems or whatevs.

What's your hook version? Also, it's sometimes "fun" figuring out why things are happening the way they are, but it's honestly mostly been a game of figuring out what nonsense SquareEnix is doing to not load the game fullscreen and undoing that.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-15 12:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Thanks for all your work guys.
Some still open things from me:

1) No Sound when the game is minimized, even if the off-focus sound option is on. It's been discussed before but I didn't get if you guys plan to fix this sometime in the future, or if you simply don't because you prefer things like this compared to how they were on 4.2 and before.

2) I've noticed something strange that I really don't know how to describe. It's about... lighting? Gamma? When something happens (weather? clouds? in-game time change?) there are situations where you see a big lighting/luminance change in the game (affects everything, both the characters and the environments). I really don't know how to explain it, but it didn't happen to me on 4.2 and before.

It's not a big issue, it just feels "strange" and I'm finding it hard to explain what really happens :x

1) I can't find a solution as of yet that isn't forcing the game to think it's in the foreground.

2) I've had this before. It's something to do with ambient lighting settings IIRC.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-15 14:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Alrighty. Maybe it could be done with something external to the hook, like an addon called "mute" that mutes the game whenever you use the //game_minimize option and vice-versa? Just throwing out ideas, I acknowledge this is not a big issue in the end, just a minor thing

2) Do you happen to remember where this option is? In the original FFXI config? In the Init.txt? I swear something subtle about it changed for me when moving from 4.2 to 4.3 but I really can't find a way to describe it better than I already did D:
 Shiva.Trumpy
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-15 15:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

hook 4.3.1.1

dev launcher 4.3.6337.4608
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-15 18:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess XP is officially out of use with windower then. Wont load up at all. Shame. Oh well, it was a good run. Wish i had the funds to upgrade, but at least im very used to playing without any addons.
[+]
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-15 18:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Guess XP is officially out of use with windower then. Wont load up at all. Shame. Oh well, it was a good run. Wish i had the funds to upgrade, but at least im very used to playing without any addons.

If you can provide a crash dump, I'm not opposed to looking at anything. Please use this debug build instead of the standard release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/11dbw41mvopn7ci/Hook.dll?dl=0
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2017-05-15 19:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing change still crash on vista and on window 7 wtih new hood
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-15 19:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alexhander said: »
Nothing change still crash on vista and on window 7 wtih new hood

gr8 thx for reading
By Jetackuu 2017-05-15 21:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

I thought you had got a new box?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21