Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-09-24 09:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Was bound to be something new so here it is:
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26514

Very pretty Malboro in there :O

Also says for Beta test visit the official site and subscribe to the newsletter.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-09-24 09:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The more media I see about this the more impressed I am.

Scenery just looks beautiful and storyline (from what I have seen) will probably be good.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-09-24 09:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks pretty awesome, I'm assuming the "Register Now" option is for the newsletter, otherwise I just registered for something I have no idea about >_>
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-09-24 19:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump'd because I posted this while everyone was asleep.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-09-24 19:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The trailer was really well done, I hope the game lives up to expectations. The gameplay footage from people playing the early alpha version in Germany a couple of months ago didn't look all the great, to be honest. Of course, it was a really early build, and nobody who was playing it really knew what they were doing, so it's not fair for me to judge it on that footage. I'm still really looking forward to it.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-09-24 20:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine XI cut scenes, but in the crystal engine of XIV, with more motion capture like the ones from WoTG, and some with voice acting.

Do want.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-09-24 20:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate getting hyped for games (See Fable 2 for reasons) but it's hard not to get excited for this. It looks like it'll feel a lot more "Final Fantasy-y" than 11. What little they showed in that trailer that was made on the Ingame engine looks amazing, especially the detail on the facial expressions. One thing I would like to see though, is generated Grass (Ex. SpeedTree such as in Oblivion or Fallout 3) to give the flat grasslands outside Limsa Lominsa (And other places) a little more depth. Graphic quality is still probably around 50% I believe though.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-09-24 21:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

for Oblivion wasn't each person's landscape slightly different? i know the cities and such were all in the same spots. but i really liked the generated environments you mentioned as opposed to the random bucket, tree or rock that the designers placed in different spots.

*cough* un-bump well i am really looking forward to this. but i am trying very very hard not to get too hyped about this. i am afraid i will be seriously disappointed. i guess the best possible outcome i can think of, is if they make a game that feels alot like XI, all while fixing the problems of XI... and making the graphics better. and making it much more solo-able, while still keeping a party system relivent but not manditory. i have noooo clue how this can be done. i want to say it looks like something i'd buy just from some of the gameplay i saw in those other videos. but it is way too early for me to say for sure.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-09-24 22:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy has some nice vids of FFXIV gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kuraud0Strife

Now I don't speak German or whatever language that is, but I thought I'd just go ahead and fix this :P

User submitted image

Oh and that vid is from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfTcdBUUkAE

It looks pretty cool that you can see the bow on the chars back.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-25 02:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I just be the first to say: I *** hate marlboros, and those ones look scary ; ;
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-25 02:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Can I just be the first to say: I *** hate marlboros, and those ones look scary ; ;

haha I agree on that!

Trailer got me really excited about the game! It makes me feel like it really have the Final Fantasy essence that I love so much.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-09-25 02:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:
for Oblivion wasn't each person's landscape slightly different? i know the cities and such were all in the same spots. but i really liked the generated environments you mentioned as opposed to the random bucket, tree or rock that the designers placed in different spots.

*cough* un-bump well i am really looking forward to this. but i am trying very very hard not to get too hyped about this. i am afraid i will be seriously disappointed. i guess the best possible outcome i can think of, is if they make a game that feels alot like XI, all while fixing the problems of XI... and making the graphics better. and making it much more solo-able, while still keeping a party system relivent but not manditory. i have noooo clue how this can be done. i want to say it looks like something i'd buy just from some of the gameplay i saw in those other videos. but it is way too early for me to say for sure.

No,what happened was, the terrain was generated with an environmental creation engine randomly, with certain paramaters filled in. As opposed to the Hand Crafted world from Morrowind. Every players Oblivion landscape is the same, however it was not created by an Artist, it was created by a program.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-09-25 13:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:
Every players Oblivion landscape is the same, however it was not created by an Artist, it was created by a program.

Ah, that second part is what I meant. It made it look alot more natural.