What Craft To Take Above 70 Or Crafts?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » What craft to take above 70 or crafts?
What craft to take above 70 or crafts?
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-03-31 20:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey! :)

I'm getting closer to my goal of level 70 for all crafts on my main job and am wondering what craft or crafts I should take above 70.

Originally, this is back in 2004, I decided to take Alchemy to 100 plus. Today, though, things are different and am looking for advice before I commit to 70+ work.

Thanks and take care,

I.B. Halliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-04-09 15:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering ... no one has an opinion on the best craft to take to the max?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-09 15:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

depends what u want to do really. I took ww up back in the day. Hasnt been much call for it lately, not that i pay overly amounts of attention to the equips coming out. I would imagine smithing or gs'ing
 Asura.Keisu
Server: Asura
user: CyrCyr
By Asura.Keisu 2017-04-09 15:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloth, Bone, GS, and smithing are decent choices. All of them can make HQ items that are in high demand - namely the voodoo pieces, as well as accessories
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-04-09 15:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Smithing/Gold/Alchemy/Bone/Cloth/Leather --- Jinxed/Voodoo Gear and Moon- armor.

Cooking for a steady gil influx daily.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-04-09 16:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at what voodoo prices of each craft and then the supply of materials to make them. Pick the craft you deem best for your market. Retail cost vs manufacturing cost.

Depending on how SE handles the influx of people playing SMN, cloth is a nice craft to look into.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-09 16:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever craft that SE will use to make their super items in four or five months. So what you need to do is invent a time machine, travel forward a few months and see what items are going to be made, then come back and level that synth so you can make bank.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-09 16:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

With the drastic changes to increase the amounts of hqs in the market (kupo shields, regular crafting shields), I honestly suggest to people to pick a craft that will supply something THEY need. In two years crafting will likely look very different than it always has (it already does) compared to the majority of the life of this game.

Yes, everyone levels multiple jobs with differing needs. But most of us have our favorites. And knowing you can self craft that dream piece is a lot more comforting than building a war chest of gil and hoping it pops on your server. Just a personal preference, I guess.

Edit: I reread this and realized it may sound contradictory. While SE may be doing more to increase hq rate, never forget we are always facing a shrinking player base, meaning fewer material farmers. Meaning the hqs that do get made are often on commission or for personal use...100%of them aren't going to market. If YOU can craft what you want, there's never an issue. But no matter how much gil you have, if you're a clothcrafter and you want hq adhemar hands.... you need a boneworker to put them to market. Something to factor when choosing... your personal desires.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-10 14:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

notice noone mentioning my craft from back in the day... woodworking :(
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-04-10 14:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, it's so cheap that once you level ONE good craft, and make a few HQ's, you can supply your next craft, and so on. So pick one of the ones I mentioned above and move onto the next, until you have them all. I did them ALL, 5 years ago and it was a LOT more expensive than it is today. You'd be surprised, trust me.
By Felgarr 2017-04-10 15:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it messed up that I hate crafts belonging to Windurst?

I hate the layout of the city and factor traveling time into crafts.
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-04-10 15:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Is it messed up that I hate crafts belonging to Windurst?

I hate the layout of the city and factor traveling time into crafts.

Now they have an HP crystal outside, or damn near close to each and every guild. :)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-10 15:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

windy has a hp crystal right next to the weavers guild. And its a 5 second walk next door to the boneworkers guild. Even bastok has one right outside gs guild. I guess that leaves sandys to be the furthest away since the hp is between the smithing and ww guild.
By Felgarr 2017-04-10 16:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, HP crystals! Now which guild have the best/worst proximity to AH?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-10 16:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Ah yes, HP crystals! Now which guild have the best/worst proximity to AH?

id have to say smithing room in bastok and cooking guild in windy. Neither have Ah in there zone. - While technically neither does smithing and ww in northern sandy, they are right at the port exit with has an ah very close to that entrance.
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-04-10 20:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Best proximity would probably have to be Bonecraft guild in Windy, worst, I'm not sure off the top of my head.
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2017-04-10 22:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bonecrafting in windy and goldsmithing in bastok, leathercrafting in sandy, but it is the longest run of the 3.
By fillerbunny9 2017-04-10 22:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Iambatman said: »
Bonecrafting in windy and goldsmithing in bastok, leathercrafting in sandy, but it is the longest run of the 3.

the leathercrafting guild is basically right next to Home Point 4. the worst is probably one of the guilds in Northern San d'Oria.