FFXIAH Point Updates ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » FFXIAH point updates ?
FFXIAH point updates ?
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-04-03 15:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Vijara said: »
someone

I have a name, man

fillerbunny9 said: »
the issue is that Guildwork is not cooperating in adding things like RMEA that are obtained, AH is not cooperating with Guiildwork for things like Capactiy points (and I imagine job levels and craft skills by extension), some sort of alternative method needs to be found to parse things like Mission progress since the Linkshell community was discontinued, and that this is all handled by a small number of people who are likely already overworked in other areas of life before nerdscore for FFXI.

So I actually took some time this weekend and got a big chunk of the ACH fixes done. My goal was to release it on April Fools' Day so that no one would believe me, but I wouldn't have had enough time to properly test it ahead of time anyway. Sad!

All that's really left for me to finish before starting real testing is the last of the mission detection, everything else will work (and I've got point values defined in an interface, so I can change them without having to wait for Scragg to deploy a code change).

Also, if GW itself did finally completely fall over, I'd put the relevant pieces into a windower plugin and let you just update that way. I'd probably take a couple of days off of work to make that one happen quickly.
[+]
By sudsi 2017-04-03 15:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

it just loaded and fully updated

Strange, mine didn't update.
 Asura.Clinpachi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-04-03 15:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks for president~

Also I spoke briefly with stan on twitter DM earlier. He doesn't seem intent to let GW fall anytime soon, and hes aware the guy he left in charge is being slow atm.

A lot of guildwork features started working again today too. I was finally able to invite one of my sackholders to our ls site and he can now do things with it too.

Hoo-ray progress!~
[+]
By Vijara 2017-04-03 15:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
I have a name, man

Wasn't sure if it was actually you that did it. Either way, my sincerest thank you goes to you for all your hard work.

Pay this man!
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-04-03 16:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clinpachi said: »
one of my sackholders

I also have a name. D:<
[+]
By Felgarr 2017-04-03 16:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
someone

I have a name, man

fillerbunny9 said: »
the issue is that Guildwork is not cooperating in adding things like RMEA that are obtained, AH is not cooperating with Guiildwork for things like Capactiy points (and I imagine job levels and craft skills by extension), some sort of alternative method needs to be found to parse things like Mission progress since the Linkshell community was discontinued, and that this is all handled by a small number of people who are likely already overworked in other areas of life before nerdscore for FFXI.

So I actually took some time this weekend and got a big chunk of the ACH fixes done. My goal was to release it on April Fools' Day so that no one would believe me, but I wouldn't have had enough time to properly test it ahead of time anyway. Sad!

All that's really left for me to finish before starting real testing is the last of the mission detection, everything else will work (and I've got point values defined in an interface, so I can change them without having to wait for Scragg to deploy a code change).

Also, if GW itself did finally completely fall over, I'd put the relevant pieces into a windower plugin and let you just update that way. I'd probably take a couple of days off of work to make that one happen quickly.

How can I incentivize you to do this and open source it?

I want to do the same for Ashita v3
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-03 18:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

not very smart to open source anything communicating with xiah or guildwork, it reveals the exact protocols the site uses for data collection.. that allows people to fake their RME for points, potentially attack the site, or just plain do it wrong
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-04-03 18:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
not very smart to open source anything communicating with xiah or guildwork, it reveals the exact protocols the site uses for data collection.. that allows people to fake their RME for points, potentially attack the site, or just plain do it wrong

Yeah, this is why I said plugin, and not addon.
[+]
By Aeyela 2017-04-03 19:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be very uncomfortable using an open source API that wasn't using SSL. I'm pretty sure I could do nasty things to users and the site and I'm an amateur compared to the real threats out there!
 Asura.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-04-03 20:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said: »
one of my sackholders

I also have a name. D:<

No you don't. Get back to policing, number one.

[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-04-03 21:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No you don't. Get back to policing, number one.

We need to talk.

[+]