Forum » FFXI » General » Unable to obtain golden shovel cordon
Unable to obtain golden shovel cordon
 Ragnarok.Terazuma
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Terazuma 2017-03-25 14:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So I checked, and double checked, but I can't figure out why the NPC won't hand over the ki.

I have the following in my ki list:
ivory wing talisman x2
bronze mattock/shovel cordon
silver mattock/shovel cordon (so all coalition assignment done)

and I have:
all naakuals defeated (even re-defeated just for temp ki turn-in)
all adoulin quests done sans RUN/GEO stuff
all adoulin missions done
all mog garden quests done, even the ram/morbol mount quests

Someone mentioned just talking to all NPC again to see if I was missing anything, and I did. All that got me was re-triggering the repeatable quests. Anyone have any idea what I could be missing? I scanned all the quests again to see if I skipped any optional stuff, but I can't see anything obvious.
By Afania 2017-03-25 15:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a couple of SoA quest glitch in Game so I suggest you submit a bug report if you can't figure out.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-03-25 15:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You need the quests Children of the Rune and Dances with Luopans, they are not listen as needed on bg wiki but you need them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Terazuma
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Terazuma 2017-03-25 15:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, had to unlock them for it to count.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-03-25 16:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can get a list of all quests, make sure to double check your completed list, I had a quest that I had in a state where it was not in my active quest list any more but was one NPC conversation away from being completed.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-03-26 09:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
If you can get a list of all quests, make sure to double check your completed list, I had a quest that I had in a state where it was not in my active quest list any more but was one NPC conversation away from being completed.

Sounds like a valid bug to report.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-03-26 14:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have all the KIs, most likely you are missing one of the kinetic unit rewards for quest completion. Look here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Reja_Ygridhi

Under "City of Adoulin and Mog Garden Quests" you need to have received the final 20,000 kinetic unit reward from that section. There's no KI indicating if you've received this reward, you will just have to check your completed quest list to make sure each one is done. Hopefully you will find something missing in there.

Edit: In order to get the silver shovel, you need to receive the 15,000 kinetic unit reward first. So my guess is it's something in that final section that you're missing.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-03-27 17:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
You need the quests Children of the Rune and Dances with Luopans, they are not listen as needed on bg wiki but you need them.

Just FYI: I checked and on both FFXICLOPEDIA and BG-Wiki these quests are now part of the requirement, with quest named.