Forum » FFXI » General » hd resolutions
hd resolutions

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2017-03-18 13:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are meaning oversampling the older wiki has instructions.
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-18 13:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vize said: »
can anyone help me find the links for the ffxi registry hack that has the 2560 and 3840 resolution hacks or whatever they was ?

i built a new pc and my old one could handle those easily so i know this pc will also but i just cant seem to find the files right now thanks in advance for whoever helps me find the files
http://bfy.tw/Ai83

*** people and their need for hand holding.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-03-18 13:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i built a new pc and my old one could handle those easily so i know this pc will also

(I love the internet for having tools that make this junk)
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-18 13:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do pretty much everything you need to with just the Windower 4 options.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-18 14:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
You can do pretty much everything you need to with just the Windower 4 options.

This. I spent a good amount of time yesterday messing with the regedit settings for ffxi on my laptop. Basically you want to double the background resolution to the screen size. That's 2x over sampling, if your pc can handle it.

The menu options, however, for ffxi, are a bit more complicating. But you can get around that by just using the windier 4 UI SIZE option. You really only need to mess with the regedit for the quality, our you can just as easily use ffxi config program to do it. Honestly don't need regedit.
 Odin.Speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-18 15:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont use 3rd party windower lol .....and i wouldnt know how to set it up
Just return the computer parts at this point...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-18 15:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

it might be the oversampling that i want .........but i am not good at doing things manually myself i will mess it up

if u wouldnt mind doing it for me and posting download links that i can use that would help alot

This kind of bothers me. You can literally google "FFXI Graphics" click on the first link that appears, and then follow that page. Its really that simple.

Hell:

http://bfy.tw/AiCk
 Odin.Speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-18 15:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
it might be the oversampling that i want .........but i am not good at doing things manually myself i will mess it up

if u wouldnt mind doing it for me and posting download links that i can use that would help alot

This kind of bothers me. You can literally google "FFXI Graphics" click on the first link that appears, and then follow that page. Its really that simple.

Hell:

http://bfy.tw/AiCk
Lol Buukki, I literally did the exact same thing 3 hours ago. Don't waste your time, can't help the helpless.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2017-03-19 01:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You know jim, if you don't want to help the guy you don't have to say anything. He's asking for help, I don't know why people have to come here and berate the guy for not using search engines properly.
[+]
 Odin.Speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-19 08:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for helping but this guy wants everyone to do it for him. Just check his most recent forum topics.
[+]
By volkom 2017-03-19 11:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Graphics
 Lakshmi.Miang
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2017-03-19 12:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently he's not asking for the wiki page, he wants a direct .reg file to update his registry. Problem is, depending on which region his game is from, what OS version he's using and whether he installed using something like Steam or just a direct download, the registry settings could be in different places making a .reg file a bit redundant.
[+]
By volkom 2017-03-19 13:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

the wiki page specifies which reg keys to modify
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-19 13:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but the wiki can't do it for him so your link is useless.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2017-03-19 14:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for buddy but I digged into my old files and found this. Hope it helps!

0003 and 0004 is where you double the entries for supersampling but if I'm not mistaken, doesn't windower have a supersampling option already built-in?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-19 15:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, well my mistake.

I'm not sure you'll find a registry file that you can download that matches your needs exactly, because it could differ based on screen/resolution size parameters, steam settings, and region barriers, as well as what works for other PCs may not work for yours.

I don't know why you would really want that, though. Its 100x better to just edit the files for your own needs, because, as pointed earlier, as your quality increases, game performance decreases. Nobody elses PC settings will be like yours, so you're better off editing your own settings and testing the quality/performance first-hand. You can just as easily make a copy of every single registry file setting, and then modify the new settings, in case you make a mistake. It really would take you 15~minutes of playing with it to figure out which settings you want for your pc. Worst case scenario, you can re-paste all the older settings and your back to normal.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-03-19 15:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I used ffxicalc to edit the majority of my stuff. Then used the config windower addon to make it 60fps.
By anik 2017-03-20 00:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

60fps is stupid, the game engine doesn't have artificial motion blur added to it like racing games. You are stressing out your visual cortex. This stress causes headaches over short periods of time. In short, FFXI and 60fps = headaches/afks/ttyl need a breaks/nite nite/f this i need a drink/family aggro/wife aggro and many other excuses because your are feeling stressed.
 Asura.Verbannt
Server: Asura
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-03-20 05:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »

60fps is stupid, the game engine doesn't have artificial motion blur added to it like racing games. You are stressing out your visual cortex. This stress causes headaches over short periods of time. In short, FFXI and 60fps = headaches/afks/ttyl need a breaks/nite nite/f this i need a drink/family aggro/wife aggro and many other excuses because your are feeling stressed.

So when i play in 144hz in other games to that logic i should have a stroke, that whole comment is cancer the game does not look good in 60fps because many animations are tied to frame limit. it has nothing to do with your 'visual cortex'.
[+]
By anik 2017-03-20 07:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You must explain what you mean by "it", the headaches? how you see things?
Either way, saying that how you see has nothing to do with your visual cortex is just, well, genius and you should take up medicine.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-03-20 07:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You must explain what you mean by "it", the headaches? how you see things?
Either way, saying that how you see has nothing to do with your visual cortex is just, well, genius and you should take up medicine.

In that video, it quotes from another video which is actually this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buSaywCF6E8

What Micheal is talking about here is the lack of motion blur from events that in real life would definitely have motion blur, and is caused by cameras that area capturing in up to one thousand frames per second. This is a far cry off from the 60 frames per second that you claimed would hurt your head.

I regularly game in 144hz with no motion blur, and have never experienced a headache from it. What's more, many professional gamers use refresh rates up to 240hz, and do not report any such issues.

You're missing the forest for the trees. Just because it is POSSIBLE for a lack of motion blur to cause discomfort does not automatically mean that the lack of motion blur with automatically hurt your head, it's a logical fallacy, and honestly a somewhat amusing one at that. Seeing as you thought that was a valid response is, well, just genius. You should take up philosophy.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-03-20 07:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember my NES games having motion blur either and those were all 60 FPS!

Serious note I watched your video and read what you posted.
A) Not everyone is going to get stressed out at the same FPS without it.

B) The video talks about racing games then gives an example of 100 HZ. I have to assume they mean this as 100FPS+ because if its on 100HZ monitor yet its only outputting 30 FPS well then it doesn't matter. Which is way above 60 FPS and more likely to have this effect
C) Racing Game compared to FFXI have a lot more on screen movement then FFXI. Kinda like my example of NES running at 60 FPS yet not having motion blur effects. The simpler the image the less likely it will do anything.
[+]
By anik 2017-03-20 19:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't watch the entire video. Tracking with your eyes. Without the artificial blur, your visual cortex is stressed. I'm not arguing frame rate possibilities through monitors. I'm saying these enhancements are not enhancements, since you cannot properly process the benefits. Humans simply don't process it. You do though. Congrats? and thanks for sharing.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-05-27 12:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't watch the entire video. Tracking with your eyes. Without the artificial blur, your visual cortex is stressed. I'm not arguing frame rate possibilities through monitors. I'm saying these enhancements are not enhancements, since you cannot properly process the benefits. Humans simply don't process it. You do though. Congrats? and thanks for sharing.

Not at 60 *** FPS though, that's the point that you can't seem to comprehend.