Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If you were going to quit FF11
If you were going to quit FF11
By Justuas 2017-04-25 08:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you quit for good then you better give your stuff to someone.
[+]
 Asura.Tuvae
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-04-25 08:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive quit several times... the main time when i left for well over a year I game all my metal plates, gil and dyna currency to Ashman on ragnarok. Was a long time ago now mind... as they said on my screenshot "you'll be back" And they were right....

However right now? I dont really have much to give out, i never really think about quitting now, I just take breaks when I want time away.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-25 09:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »

What is the logic in this??? Take a moment today and look up Andrew Carnegie. See what one of the two richest men in America's history did when he "quit the game".
By Justuas 2017-04-25 09:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

What is the logic in this??? Take a moment today and look up Andrew Carnegie. See what one of the two richest men in America's history did when he "quit the game".
This is a video game. If you quit then you won't be needing the stuff you've gotten in the game so why not just give it away.
 Asura.Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-04-25 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a video game. If you quit then you won't be needing the stuff you've gotten in the game so why not just give it away.

Because you earned it yourself(usually) and are under no obligation to give it to anyone.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-25 09:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tuvae said: »

Because you earned it yourself(usually) and are under no obligation to give it to anyone.

Just as I hope to never receive a "farewell gift" from my in-game friends, they'll never get my shinies if I leave. A couple signed pieces if someone requests one, as I'm a crafter, would be different.

And to respond to "its a video game". Yup, it is. And that's why I don't care so much about my stuff/gil to actually value it enough to give it away like some family heirloom that must be preserved.
By Viciouss 2017-04-25 09:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sold my account for real shinies and never looked back.
 Asura.Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-04-25 09:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

He says as he posts on a forum for the game :P
[+]
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2017-04-25 09:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-25 10:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chocobro said: »
Facts
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-04-25 10:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tuvae said: »
Viciouss said: »

He says as he posts on a forum for the game :P
Truth
By Blazed1979 2017-04-25 11:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Give all my ***away and then suffer withdrawal and come back the next day insisting they give it back to me!
[+]
By Kokonoe 2017-05-01 12:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Originally it was going to be for FFXIV 1.0 as I had such an awful time being a THF with no friends back in the day (was around 60). And well, we all know how FFXIV 1.0 turned out and I ended up coming back.

I don't have intentions to quit anymore as I've grown attached to this game as it's really good despite all the flaws it has, and despite how Adoulin and beyond changed this game into something I dislike. I just generally take breaks and come back every now and then to have a little fun.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-01 12:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If I quit, I'm just gona give my account to someone who will use and abuse me the right way.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-05-01 12:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I hit the uninstall button.
Never looked back, no regrets.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-05-01 12:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't give anything away to anybody. FFXI is my story, and the time I put into my character is my journey, not anyone elses.

Sure it may help someone else, but it just wouldn't feel right, giving it away to others. The work I put into my character was really my work, in one way or another. It's just a silly sentimental thing that I'd not really want to just give away to anybody. And I wouldn't want anything from anybody else in the game who quit.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2017-05-01 13:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll keep everything. First because I don't know anyone who would need anything I have, second because it's full of things I earned one way or another and I like to see them in my inventory for the memories.

I guess it's simply part of my journey, I feel bad giving pieces of it away. I'm more worried about not being able to come back to the game and do this and that before the game goes down. Hopefully the game will stay up long enough.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-05-01 14:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep everything and just quit... so i can focus on my 2nd passion...

ffxi hentai...