General Question About Trusts ( Stona )

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » general question about trusts ( stona )
general question about trusts ( stona )
 Asura.Starfishsky
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-03-06 11:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

hi all, i seem to have the common problem occurring in different zones when i am with trusts, that i get stoned and no trust seem to remove it. appruru is my main healer. i am wondering what things i can do to counter it, i did try /RDM sub in a few places seems ok, but i also read that Trust: King of Hearts can actually cast stona, but he is only available through event.

anyone know of any solutions to this, what trusts can do stona, and there is any limitations for the spell it self? the wiki says apruru has -na, but not sure why she can't remove it. i often stay for 3M stoned by a dragon in escha zia.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-03-06 13:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

dump apprururur and use Yoran-Oran
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-03-06 14:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kupipi (if you have) will Stona you as well.
 Asura.Starfishsky
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-03-06 14:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
dump apprururur and use Yoran-Oran

so is that the reason she just doesn't do it properly?
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-03-06 15:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If memory serves, yoran is immune (or at least highly resistant) to petrify while puru isn't. Perhaps puru is getting hit with petrify as well?

Also, I've noticed (for yoran at least) that trusts tend to stona master first then other trusts for some reason before any other real pt members. So if you're duoing with trusts and you aren't pt leader, then you will be waiting awhile. However, you said puru doesn't seem to stona at all so the first scenario is most likely.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe certain spells are tied to unity ranking. I vaguely remember other attributes/skills being linked to ranking so perhaps puru wasn't high enough at the time and therefore lost stona.

All of that said, I have seen puru use stona before so whatever is happening isn't normal.
By voiceless 2017-03-06 15:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh FFxi i play this game only during weekends thees days
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-06 16:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Apururu is a garbage trust. Spends more time running in circles with her thumb in her butt than actually WHMing.

If you need a true WHM to remove that debuff, I'd agree Yoran is probably the best option. Kupipi will remove it, but Kupipi is also semi-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and stands within melee range, meaning she'd get hit with it also.

Mihili-Aliapoh/Ferreous can also use it as well, but they're also bad WHMs. Sylvie is super-quick about removing debuffs (near instantly), but she suffers from the same range/aoe problems as the others. Same with KOH.

The only trusts that I know that will use it and stand out of Range are:

Apururu
Cherukiki (good luck with that, she takes forever to do anything beneficial; she may have a resist petrify trait?)
Yoran-Oran

The struggle is real...
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-03-06 16:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cherukki doesn't cast -Na spells