Forum » FFXI » General » EXP while leveling alts jobs stuck at 2700 a kill
EXP while leveling alts jobs stuck at 2700 a kill
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-03-03 01:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm not sure what level it started capping out at 2700 while lvl'ing jobs to 99. But it has happened.. I'm curious if there's any way around this.. A friend told me that the exp increase once you can equip Ilvl gear. Which frankly is quite pointless. Besides exp rings etc is there a better option for camps getting you from said level where 2700 becomes your hard cap on exp? thanks.

Forgot to mention that i'm doing this in escha sky.
 Odin.Bloodoath
Server: Odin
By Odin.Bloodoath 2017-03-03 05:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dreamingfaith
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreamingfaith 2017-03-03 07:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pointless yes, but you're going to let something as easy as armor(1) that cost 3000 sparks stop you from breaking the exp limit cap?
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-03-03 07:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pointless in the fact that the armor you speak of is already lvl 99. I'm only burning jobs to 99 so it does nothing to get me to 99 faster. I was hoping someone knew of a diff camp or diff exp caps in other zones. If i could equip said gear earlier to make the exp cap increase BEFORE i hit 99, then yes i would bother going and picking up a set. as it stands. it does nothing for me getting to 99 faster.
 Bismarck.Dreamingfaith
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreamingfaith 2017-03-03 08:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh!...why didn't you say that earlier =P

Speaking from experience, while leveling mules, the exp cap hits about 95(correct me if I'm wrong). Theres no real way around the cap except for modifiers like the exp rings or subing /cor.

Best exp results are in the Escha areas, basically comes down to number of mobs you can pull without killing yourself.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-03-03 08:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasnt sure if there was camps in other places that the exp cap was higher or something along those lines. Or if a GoV was better somehow(doubtful). Since i didn't have 100% information on the matter, i took to the interwebs.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-03 08:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Your alts don't have Reisenjima KIs for improved EXP and so their EXP will suck while your main leveling other jobs will drown in it.
By Kodaijin 2017-03-03 09:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

if you already know the job your leveling or you are just leveling it to have all 99s, then just get a PL who can pull a bunch and be done with it in a few pulls. If you can get a competent blu or bst, you can go to escha-zitah or sky. For math simplicity, pull 10 mobs, AOE kill them and if youre stuck at cap of 2700, then thats 27,000 XP in just a few seconds. 95-99 can be done in less than 10 min with good camp and no competition.

If you want to skill your job or fine tune your play etc, then just kill the things. Sure beats 120XP per kill like the old days.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-03-03 09:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm capped on all ki and just burning jobs to 99, the toon i'm capping is my blu and pld so i cant really cleave reliably on my other toons, if that's teh hard cap on exp in escha ill just tough it out. Thanks for the advice to those that were actually trying to be helping. ;)
By Nyarlko 2017-03-12 00:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Escha is actually one of the zones where the "group exp penalty" does not apply, so you're getting more than you would in an old zone at least if you are grouping? Are you actually grinding or PL'ing yourself? If PL'ing, then highest player level in the party would also affect exp/kill, and if PL'er is not ilvl, then everyone gets less exp IIRC.

All of this applies everywhere btw. There are no camps in-game (excluding Abyssea's entirely different system for exp calculation,) that have different/higher exp caps than other camps for solo play.