Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Xbox live gamertag linking
Xbox live gamertag linking
 Quetzalcoatl.Perfection
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Orphanos
By Quetzalcoatl.Perfection 2009-09-22 06:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just wondering if anyone can help me with linking a gamertag to my xbox live account. I linked one in the past and my account is gone and I called the information center and unlinked the gamertag, since you can only link 1 account per system. Now I try to reigster a new account to PoL and link to the gamertag and it gives me the same error. I dont understand.
 Sylph.Aakura
Server: Sylph
user: Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-09-22 09:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you will not be able to use that gamertag again, even if you have a new pol account. I went through the same problem a year ago, called Se and Xbox live, I was told once you link the gamertag to a SE account it can not be used again. I had to make a second gamertag for my new account. Sorry about that.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-09-22 09:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That's weird to hear actually.

About 2 months ago I unlinked both my accounts from their tags and re-linked them to the same tags, just flip-flopped them, and I had no problem in doing so.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-22 09:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You can unattached the account, but you cant re-add another account onto that gamer tag that was previously used by the other account.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-22 10:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm, i just recently did the same thing as Savannah, and had no problem. unlinked mine and my gf's accounts from our respective gamertags, the linked them to the other, everything went smooth.

EDIT: i just realized i didn't finish what i was gonna say lol. anyhow, i believe the whole one gamertag one account ever thing only applies if you create your account on that gamertag not just link it. i created both of our accounts on pc. not sure about that theory, have to how Savannah did hers.

Anyhow, sorry this happened to you.
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-09-22 16:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

we had one that was created on the xbox to the tag and the other was made on pc.

we were still able to flip flop them...mebbe we just got lucky idk *shrugs*
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-09-22 16:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I linked my old xbl account to my old ffxi account, i quit ffxi (few years ago), when i came back and wanted to start again with my current char it wouldnt let me link a new ID to my gamertag because of my old one, even though i deleted it etc so i had to make a new gamertag /shrug
 Siren.Avina
Server: Siren
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2009-10-09 18:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was also able to remedy this fairly easy. I had an ffxi account and previously an XBox Live gamertag that went bad, and had linked the two. Called Square-Enix, gave em the infos they wanted, and they unlinked the account, and allowed me to attach my new XBox Live Gamertag to my FFXI account. Problem solved...