users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 53 54 55
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-06-06 03:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
So Scythe has really been impressive. Pulling consistent 18k+ catas now with full buffs, and my combined avg with catas + CR on kirin/woc is into mid 30s now, so I expect it to be like that on anything of note. If I really wanted to get higher I could just ditch cata (lowers you avg but isnt terrible for the AM).

The even better part is this is ALL with APOC :D meaning the weakest of our ream scythes. I expect with anguta to be doing 35k+ avg at event with scythe. Testing with anguta should happen this month as I am close to finishing it.

Guess scythe isnt so lol now with this ratri gear.... really has upped dmg more than I expected. The SS below is NO TEMPS (soliders etc), your basic SV 4 song ream brd buffs, hunter/chaos roll. Lots of room to improve WS dmg too as HQ ratri would give me some +7 wsd and a ton of stats.
What did I tell ya?

For real though, this is good news.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-06 10:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Now that's the average of capped attack while standing in town, Reisen can add another 60 STR and boost-DEX is another 25 for 85 STR, Absorb-STR isn't used because you should be using NV DS on Drain III for the HP and anything worth talking about will resist regular absorbs. So add 51 base DMG from STR and another 21 base DMG from fSTR. 829 / 757 = 1.09511, so about 22K damage average.

Thanks for the #'s but you really should include abs str/mnd/int etc, and normally str at DS/NV potency (60). On anything worthwhile you will have both drain3 AND abs str being used with DS/NV using a revitalizer + battery mobs.

Could you go back in and test with all stats +27 and str +60 to mimic how a drk who pre buffs would actually perform? I want to see how much it actually jumps - you could also use my stats (wsd 54% too, plus gifts = 62%).

Also no food on in pics, so sole sushi, +7 str + 6 dex but -3 mnd +6hr (not that it matters). So my relevant total stats are 443 str, 306 dex, 264 mnd, 62 wsd. I would assume attack/acc capped.
I also thinks its a fine assumption to avg the ws going off at 1500 (2250). The reality is unless you have a script your ws will not always go off at 1k (and my build forces a 1260tp 4 hit w/ sams roll), and the reality is on that last hit you have just the same chance to multi hit (up to 4 hits) with massive overflow (technically over 2k if I QA which I have a great probability to do). I normally have sams roll on during zergs, which leaves my "future anguta build" sitting at 324 tp a hit if we assume 60 stp from sam roll (low amount tbh nowadays, just just a lucky 2). Said build will also have 14% QA 4% TA 31% DA, so tp overflow is a real thing here, and I built it that way since CR gets a nice boost from the tp overflow.

Thanks ahead of time for doing the math :D its exciting to see what dmg drk can theoretically pump out and try to do that in game too.

also I didnt account for things like boost str etc, I am sure that could be a realistic thing to expect too. Anything else you might do "we should add this boost" go ahead and use that it will be fun to see.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-06 11:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm I did look at the bottom of my post.

Adding 60 STR nets you another ~2k. And no anything worth talking about you won't have a bunch of absorbs up. Mostly because they won't raise your damage much and you would be wasting time.

I math out how an extremely aggressive player who knows their TP rate and csn WS right as they get TP, which is a good DD. If your waiting or simply too slow then go switch to COR or GEO and let real DDs do it right.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-06-06 12:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I always know when I'm going to DA/TA/QA over 1k TP so I tell FFXI to not do that, and to just give me 1k TP.

Works every time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-06-06 12:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
I always know when I'm going to DA/TA/QA over 1k TP so I tell FFXI to not do that, and to just give me 1k TP.

Works every time.

But can you tell why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

Anguta benefits from TP overflow. With aggressive DA/Multi builds its rather common to be firing your ws closer to 1200-1600. There is also animation/lag time that can occur, so saying you aren't a good DD if you don't fire your ws @ 1k is a silly statement.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-06 13:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding 60 STR nets you another ~2k. And no anything worth talking about you won't have a bunch of absorbs up. Mostly because they won't raise your damage much and you would be wasting time.

I math out how an extremely aggressive player who knows their TP rate and csn WS right as they get TP, which is a good DD. If your waiting or simply too slow then go switch to COR or GEO and let real DDs do it right.

Sorry for being nice in my previous post. Can I just ask you to not reply ever on this thread? You just bring in hate on these forums and I really don't get why.

Your stats are under mine, thats why I asked you to redo with my numbers. Because in game I am getting much better, and it might be due to the fact I am getting +60 str and +27 to every other stat more than you since I make the extremely hard choice while we are preping to abs mobs that are ontop of us. Your going to tell me 87 ws stats means nothing? With just 60 you showed a 2k increase, so im looking at 3k more on avg than you with the 87.

Quote:
So the absolute average is going to be slightly over 20K, but with Fotia and TP overflow from multi-attack your looking at 29~30K tops

With your #'s given of 29-30k~ avg I would then be at 32-33k avg, which is close to what I am expecting, and since my TP set has such a larger amount of QA it will probably break 35k due to higher avg of overflow since its extremely common I go from under 1k (as in you cannot ws) to 1500+ (as in you can ws) in one round due to having 14 QA, meaning my ws's arent going to be at 1k every time, and very rarely will be even WHEN I ws first chance possible.

Just to clarify a ws then immediate QA means 1576 tp, if one non-DA round proc'ed prior it means 1900, if on the 2nd round (or first round had DA) then it means 2224tp. If on the third attack, or w/e combo of multi got me 3 hits in, I am still at 1252 tp, this means that I will NEVER be ws'ing less than 1252 tp. So honestly with the way my overflow would work, I would imagine that you would average well above 1576 tp (just 1 hit over required to ws, so a low amount of overflow).

1252 + 750 = 2002 tp (0 hit overflow)
1576 + 750 = 2326 tp (1 hit overflow)
1900 + 750 = 2650 tp (2 hit overflow)
2224 + 750 = 2974 tp (3 hit overflow)

These numbers are all much greater than your 1750 base your using. Seeing that each attack round holds the chance of 14 QA, 4 TA, and 31 DA your over half the time going to be overflowing, and oftentimes will be by more than one hit.

sometimes outside your control to ws at 1k tp. This doesnt account for wings/hits taken/various other buffs/fotia procs etc that will only add tp and skew it HIGHER.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-06-06 17:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Az, have you shared that Anguta build you're looking at yet? I was looking at the first page but wanted to make sure I am seeing the right one.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-06 18:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
So Scythe has really been impressive. Pulling consistent 18k+ catas now with full buffs, and my combined avg with catas + CR on kirin/woc is into mid 30s now, so I expect it to be like that on anything of note. If I really wanted to get higher I could just ditch cata (lowers you avg but isnt terrible for the AM).

The even better part is this is ALL with APOC :D meaning the weakest of our ream scythes. I expect with anguta to be doing 35k+ avg at event with scythe. Testing with anguta should happen this month as I am close to finishing it.

Guess scythe isnt so lol now with this ratri gear.... really has upped dmg more than I expected. The SS below is NO TEMPS (soliders etc), your basic SV 4 song ream brd buffs, hunter/chaos roll. Lots of room to improve WS dmg too as HQ ratri would give me some +7 wsd and a ton of stats.
What did I tell ya?

For real though, this is good news.

For real though, I said this back on Update....
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-06 19:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for being nice in my previous post. Can I just ask you to not reply ever on this thread? You just bring in hate on these forums and I really don't get why.

So you want people to agree with you but get angry when they say stuff you don't like to hear?

I have better gear then you do, have sat down gone over various buffs, have tested against various targets, have mathed the *** out of it and created various use cases. Scythe are under the output of GS in damage, it's better then previous but not close to what your saying. Averages are going to be around 23K but with TP overflow / Fotia you hit 29~30K, and that's me being super optimistic. You are, with less gear, trying to be even more optimistic based purely on numbers you got while sitting on TP with an Apoc.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-06 19:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Geneyus said: »
Az, have you shared that Anguta build you're looking at yet? I was looking at the first page but wanted to make sure I am seeing the right one.

nah thats a 3 hit build ws+2hit with a lucky cor roll.

ItemSet 351768

I have odys feet/legs with 3QA, feet have 7 stp, and I sleepingly overwrote my bodies QA aug last week which mad me super sad and I am working on it again.

You need 37 stp and 60 stp from a cor roll, which is super easy nowadays. That will give you a 4 hit (ws+3hit). This by no means is easy to maintain bc of QA augs, thats why front page doesnt include.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-06 20:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my CR set in case anyone's wondering

ItemSet 351769

Going back and forth on Fotia belt vs a STR belt, the high potency WSD makes it worth a bit more normally especially if we factor in the Conserve TP +7 and 1% TP not used.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-06 20:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Closer to 24k average, if you're going to assume no MA procs causing TP overflow. For whatever silly reason no sane person would.

His actual average min TP to WS due to MA overflow, and not holding, would be 1463 to to his 1.74 att/round average. Not accounting for Fotia procs.

On another note, 4-hit Anguta is going to WS 8.2% faster than 5-hit Rag/Cala. 3-hit Anguta will be 18.2% faster than 4-hit Rag/Cala.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-06-08 18:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

5 hit Liberator sets with different acc levels. Assume capped magic haste and LR up. Does not take into account cor rolls. Looks like you would want 34stp in your cor roll set to drop to 4 hit. Can replace Brutal with Telos in that instance (normal set). Minimum 27stp to maintain 5 hit without roll. Assumes a minimum of 5stp in weapon skill sets.

ItemSet 351806
1116acc 31stp 43da 8ta 8qa 22haste
Ankou DA, Argosy Path D,
valorous mail da3qa1 acc/atk18

ItemSet 351807
1157acc 32stp 44da 4ta 8qa 24haste
Ankou DA, Argosy Path D,
valorous mail da3qa1 acc/atk18

ItemSet 351808
1212acc 33stp 36da 4ta 5qa 21haste
Ankou DA, Argosy Path D,
valorous mail acc/atk35 da1 (needs more da or stp)
Valorous Greaves - acc31 stp6

ItemSet 351810
1297acc 33stp 12da 22haste
Ankou STP,
Valorous Greaves - acc31 stp6
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-09 14:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn nice! thanks for the Lib sets, its nice to see them.

I will be working with anguta this week to hopefully get some insights on it. Just picked it up :D
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-10 19:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I still havent got to use anguta on anything note worthy, but I have been impressed so far. Did go play with it soloing crabs for a bit, needless to say its just makes quick work of them, no point to even 5 step because a 4 step overkills them. Heck a 3 step can get close lol.... seeing 60k darkness of CR to a 60k umbra is rewarding to say the least.

one thing I didnt expect the was a welcomes surprise, Entopy is actually doing 'decent' dmg now lol. I know it would go up, but its actually holding its own now easily out doing Insurgency and quietus even. I am playing around with Entropy builds now and made a 30 int/20 acc/ 10 DA cape. Running 36% DA in the build now which I think will prove to help bost dmg. SE really needs to change this ws's mod or give us WAAAAY better int gear. at like +190~ if you where to get BiS int in each slott which requires +15 int taupe off path augs (aka not happening). My build has +166 and its getting close to capp of real +int upgrades. Thats just to low amount of a mod to really make a huge impact, so I am thinking DA for the time being.

cool side note, and front page set updated, Got 80 FC finally lol :D
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Server: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-06-10 21:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooo grats on joining the Anguta club, we did some Schah today melee style(Finally) and I used Anguta it did like really well...lost to a blu though /sigh, Also used the new food and went all out with temps even...not a single absorb cared this day on Schah or the adds lol
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-10 22:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

sooo.... ya sounds like no hope for landing abs on things that matter still lol. gogo battery mobs!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-10 23:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

sooo.... ya sounds like no hope for landing abs on things that matter still lol. gogo battery mobs!

Not outside of DS you won't be landing absorbs on anything worth a damn.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2017-06-11 07:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not outside of DS you won't be landing absorbs on anything worth a damn.

to be exact, anything past Ilvl140 ( they land on AA/Gods np)
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-16 18:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have been playing with my ratri feet +1 today testing max timers etc. Since its 25% its duration I thought would come before the rest and thus have a greater impact than the 5% from nq. So I tested for some timers. I used my regular abs set but with a few different swaps to play.

ItemSet 349381

Using this set I get 6:12 base abs and with DS/NV up (fallen+1) it was 7:20.
If I swap to black hands/legs its 6:57 on normal casts and DS/NV is 8:23.

Realizing that HQ Onyx gear can give more time I expect the duration to be 7:04min on normal abs, and 8:32min on ds/nv. These are virtually the duration of cor rolls now, thats pretty epic if you ask me. You will not have the macc to land on high lv mobs with this set though, its pure duration based for pre fight trash battery mobs. Don't use this set w/ black/onyx during the fight unless DS/NV casting it.

I am crossing fingers that SE makes relic+3 with some duration too so we can hit 10 mins lmao.

----------------------------
Could anyone that has these test them please? Since this is a pre fight set, losing tp probably isnt a huge deal, so potency and Duration max are nice. I sadly dont have these or I would try testing, I cant trust BgWiki on abs stuff anymore as its been way wrong on early anything to do with abs.
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-16 19:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for doing all that aza and grats on hq feet as well
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-18 19:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have only made Onyx hands so far and the timer's didnt shift, I am trying to get HQ legs made right now but 0 HQ luck haha. Once I have them I will try again, but its looking like there is no % difference between HQ and NQ? mybe if someone has the set they can test until I can blow a few million trying for HQ legs haha.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2017-06-19 02:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have only made Onyx hands so far and the timer's didnt shift, I am trying to get HQ legs made right now but 0 HQ luck haha. Once I have them I will try again, but its looking like there is no % difference between HQ and NQ? mybe if someone has the set they can test until I can blow a few million trying for HQ legs haha.

For now, I've only used the Onyx set for SD so i dont know. Leaving my char logged , send a tell whenever.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-06-19 12:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Azagarth do you bother with alternating your gear when Last Resort is up? (jumping to something more defensive/hybrid or more multi-attack)

Gear-wise it's kind of looking like this doesn't have to be a thing anymore...
By Ruaumoko 2017-06-19 13:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Anguta is fun.

Ratri set really gave it a leg-up.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-19 14:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Azagarth do you bother with alternating your gear when Last Resort is up? (jumping to something more defensive/hybrid or more multi-attack)

Gear-wise it's kind of looking like this doesn't have to be a thing anymore...

So I am using a non-mote lua atm (Gannos) that recognizes when you have high haste values and LR is up, the change really boils down to swapping isoskeha for Windbuffet, thats it though, and honestly its such a small change that it might be really pulling hairs at dps. You could easily add more gear if you feel its best, but sadly DRK has no spreedsheet so all my changes are off actual experience of what should perform better. It might be that a multi attack set with LR up will perform better than a strong xhit, but honestly idk. I have really considered just taking out the LR rule simply for the fact that I lose 10 acc, and I am finding acc especially with anguta and calad to be a very high priority. I do nothing currently when in HighAcc mode though, but even my mid and base set can be lackluster for me in the acc dept.

The same Lua has hybrid and pdt modes, and I ride those a bit stronger if I feel like I might grab hate. LR just makes you feel like a lv1 rabbit for defense. However with 4500+ hp nearly all times now, thats not a huge problem. I have a toggle to quickly swap between weapons too as my playtyle is conducive to it, and apoc really is amazing, especially now with ratri, your catas can do VERY good dmg, often 20k+ with souleater up, and often 18k+ on stuff like woc/kirin/etc.

And ya Rua :D anguta is a fing beast, I have been using it a lot lately and the CR dmg is very nice. Heck I even been really trying for max entropy set now (at +188 int atm) because its dmg with anguta is very surprising to me. Last night for example I poped off a few 32k~ entropy on the ambu VD1 MB. Had pty go, wtf was that umbra? Yes, yes it was :D
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-19 14:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

And ya Rua :D anguta is a fing beast, I have been using it a lot lately and the CR dmg is very nice. Heck I even been really trying for max entropy set now (at +188 int atm) because its dmg with anguta is very surprising to me. Last night for example I poped off a few 32k~ entropy on the ambu VD1 MB. Had pty go, wtf was that umbra? Yes, yes it was :D

Entropy is a pretty good WS, would be absolutely amazing if it didn't have an INT mod. With Anguta your looking at 5.3 fTP @1K and four hits, at 1.5K (for whatever reason) your looking at 6.55 http://fTP. At max TP you have 8.8 http://fTP. Not as strong as Resolution but still extremely potent multipliers, especially if you get Multi-Attacks. What holds it back is the INT mod prevents exploiting via stat stacking. DD gear with Multi-Attack, Accuracy, Attack doesn't tend to have high INT or be DRK-equipable. When fine tuning my Entropy sets I ended up having to choose between INT or getting decent accuracy and ended up with a few interesting compromises. Found out that Emicho has more INT on it then is normal so could use it's bonus accuracy and Double Attack to let me go INT heavy in other slots. Rings were a disaster though, not much you can do there. Maybe make an INT / DA cape if you got spare inventory room.

If it had STR, VIT or even DEX as a mod then it would be the best Scythe WS.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-19 15:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ya Entropy would be a beast with str mod, but im shocked that its able to pull over 30k, this is by no means normal, but I didnt expect that great of numbers, so I was content for now. This is my set is still a work in progress has +183 Int.

ItemSet 351487

Valo body: 8 int, 4 da, 38 acc, 25 att
Valo feet: 15 int, 15 acc, 8 attack, 4 stp

It sets me at 31DA, but you can technically get up to 37DA if you got lucky on augs. Regal Capitan have 30int and a huge chunk of acc, However with how entropy is used (sc) I actually might think that the sc bonus +10 on af+3 might be better overall dmg with the attack,higheracc, at a loss of 12 int.

Overall The best int you can really get is +210, but it will take a lot of luck (int augs on valo), and would need also a good DA/acc/att aug to go with it, gl!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-19 18:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ya Entropy would be a beast with str mod, but im shocked that its able to pull over 30k, this is by no means normal, but I didnt expect that great of numbers, so I was content for now.

3K TP with 8.8 fTP multiplier and getting a Multi-Attack proc makes it do that. It's just like Stardiver and Resolution, greatly effected by Multi-Attack. I'd suggest you focus more on MA and less on pure INT, unless it's a crap ton in one slot.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-19 22:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya there are very few things that have both great int, and multi hit. I would love to use stuff like flamma feet for 5 DA, but they have 0 int on them, same goes for argosy+1 gear etc. I really cant find much to improve on my set that seems worthwhile as a drk. I have considered dropping a shiva for niq ring for those QA spikes, but uncertain if that would be wisest. To bad drk doesnt have a spreadsheet.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 53 54 55