Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 07:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
so to get your q ratio lower to the max, you need a c ratio of 4.125.

WTF...

Are you applying attack twice? Once it's used to determine qRatio it's done with. The random value is a penalty / bonus added to the actual ratio and not to the cap. The 3.75 cap happens before that random value is done, it's been that way since SE redid the attack formulas after the 2H update.

Again there is a reason these have different names, you seem to be trying to find the pDiffMin / pDiffMax and treating it as the actual attack cap, but it's not. The attack cap is the value that is used first and the rest is just a bonus or penalty added to that value.

After SE raised the PDIF caps in the semi-recent update, SE made the caps apply after the lower and upper ranges were calculated. When you have capped attack with a 2 hander, before the 1-1.05 randomizer, your lower bound and your higher bound are both capped to 3.75, and are thus equal.

At cRatio = 3.375, your upper limit qRatio hits 3.75, and thus is capped. As you continue to increase your cRatio past 3.375, your upper qRatio stays at 3.75, while your lower qRatio continues to rise until it also caps at 3.75, which happens at a cRatio if 4.125.

At that point, your qRatio is now 3.75, as the upper limit and lower limit are now equal, and the only damage variance (other than crits) is the 5% randomizer, making it 3.75-3.9375.

The PDIF page got abandoned halfway through updating it for the recent-ish patch, so don't take it as gospel.
I think only the ranged section and the part about if it's above 3, set it to 3 are the things that never got finished. and the model itself. i know pchan has his model for h2h but he hasn't confirmed if it applies to other weapons or not.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-10-07 23:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx Saevel austar and geriond for that as my math had always followed the 4.125 not the 3.9375
By Lorax 2017-10-14 10:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like we letting Drk fade into the background! Keep the dream alive haha, anyway any thoughts on Flamma +2? I personally picked up head/feet/ring cuz well they dope as hell. I aint no math whizz though so where all my technical peeps @ lol
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2017-10-14 13:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lorax said: »
Its like we letting Drk fade into the background! Keep the dream alive haha, anyway any thoughts on Flamma +2? I personally picked up head/feet/ring cuz well they dope as hell. I aint no math whizz though so where all my technical peeps @ lol

Yeah Head/Feet/Ring really is a no brainer for DRK. Stats are pretty high in TP set now, my DEX on DRK is almost asmuch as my THF & BLU!

The real question is which pieces are better for Resolution. I think head would definatly be best but which other slot would put another Flamma piece in for the set bonus?
also hopefuly people will stop TP'ing in argosy head now lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Server: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-10-14 14:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I still TP in argosy head in a few sets! Just so I can have more MA :/ but im looking at those feet for reso as well! Again maf ppl assemble! Lmao
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-14 17:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I still cant stomach dropping to a 6 hit from a 5 hit for such a small MA gain.... idk how people can justify it personally.

I am using the head in my reso set though : here they are as of right now but im messing with them too. They go with my acc lvs using calad on tp gear 1150-1200-1250, all have a bit more than my tp gear though so i can technically drop a bit of acc, but no real need.

HQ argosy body now has new life though because you end up losing 2 DA from set bonus on hands w/o which hurts a bit. Thats why I am not using flamma in the base because the DA you lose PLUS all that attack seems like it could be to much, but im def considering to change it out, idk yet,
 Bahamut.Witchbane
user: Witchbane
By Bahamut.Witchbane 2017-10-30 15:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For Drain3, do you find that:
Head: pixie hairpin +1
Body: Carmine Scale Mail

performs better than

Body: Lugra Cloak +1
By tyalangan 2017-10-30 15:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be 31% potency vs. 28% potency + 43 MACC? I think I'd sacrifice the 3% potency for the versatility of having two pieces in case I use this set for high end mobs where I'll need/want the accuracy. As I feel if you are doing this on lower end content where you won't need the accuracy then you probably won't need the 3% potency. But that's just my outlook on my gearsets.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-10-30 16:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pixie/Carmine perform better in my experience. I just use Lugra for refresh/regen.
[+]
 Bahamut.Witchbane
By Bahamut.Witchbane 2017-10-30 16:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies!
For clarity, you use the Path D (mab+10) augment on the Carmine, or will one of the INT+10 paths work better?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-30 16:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB does nothing for Drain.
[+]
 Bahamut.Witchbane
By Bahamut.Witchbane 2017-10-31 04:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using Azagarth's edited version of Gannos LUA for GearSwap. (it's on the first page of this thread, third post).
Of course I've edited it for my own gear, etc.

I wanted to build in a Four Hit set like this:
I kept getting nil value errors, so I was forced to build a toggle, like with the Twilight set. There has to be a smarter and better way to do this.

Any suggestions?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-31 11:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There might be a better way, but ya thats the general way you would do it. You got the nil errors because you initially probably were looking for a set that technically didnt exists because it was never set (which is why you added the toggle). So you did the right quick fix.

In terms of jumping between a 4 hit or 5 hit apoc set I cant really see much other way to do it easily. It might be better to just stick to a crazy multi hit 5 hit on apoc, but I can see/understand the allure of the 4 hit, and with the good stp gear we got nowdays it isnt that hard to maintain. Which is best dps now? I honestly havent checked but I also use apoc only when I need cata spam to stay alive, so 4hit is nice due to consistency of that and overflow does 0 for cata dmg.

I have changed my lua up a bit for apoc (this is how I addressed the issue or 5 vs 4 hit apoc) is that I noticed my acc is just crazy with apoc no matter what I do now, like 1260~ in 5 hit. To me this screams mid acc set. I normally tier my acc to 1150-1250-1300+ due to my normal uses/food I like to use.

So what I did is the base set I use my general 4hit set at 1200~ acc, and mid acc set I change to my 5 hit. If I want a 5 hit I just know I need to be in my mid acc set, if I want a 4 hit (which still has 1230+ acc) then I just stay in that. Both meet basically any acc need this game has now, and I still have my 5 hit 1350 acc high acc set thats used like once a year when a full dispel goes off and I am actually using apoc (rare).

I just hate more toggles.... I have already 2 full lines of macros and its got to be to much for me, so I try to consolidate the best I can. I suggest that way, but if the toggle work it would allow you to also customize ANY weapon to have a 3-4-5hit etc, not a terrible thing to have if you want to micro manage that much.

Let me know what you do or changes you make, if its a valuable change I might play with it myself and maybe add it in.
 Bahamut.Witchbane
By Bahamut.Witchbane 2017-10-31 22:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, my accuracy in the "low" set is 1273, which is absurd. I love your idea of setting the 4-hit as the "lowacc" default set and then switching to 5-hit for mid & high accuracy. Totally stealing that idea.

I wanted a 4-hit Apoc set for exactly the reasons that you mentioned. It's nice to be able to DS+NV then Drain3 get 8000HP and then get stuck in with no fear of death from spike damage. Allows me to solo stuff on DRK that I should have no business doing solo.

I hated having to devote an entire macro palette to toggles, so I added this code at the top of my Lua:

Now I can just cycle with F9-F12. I never use the windows key for anything, so combining it with F9-F12 ensures that I'll never swap weapons at the wrong moment...it's just not a combination of keys that'll be mistakenly hit.

The win+F10 toggle solved that problem you mentioned in one of your comments about wanting to switch to g.axe for Armor Break...just don't forget to build Armor Break WS set. You could even create a toggle for sword & shield if you wanted to get really inventive. I have the Adapa Shield and built a Requiescat set, although I haven't thought of a good use for it. Maybe soloing Taelmoth?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2017-12-10 16:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

wsd is only truly effective at 2k and above and thats due to the huge ftp spike from that tp onwards compared to the pitiful ftp of 1k insurgency where youll want more swings in ,really .5 ftp is just pitiful for any WS.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-12-21 11:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for set suggestions for:

Shockwave (macc one and damage one)
Fullbreak(as above)
Fell Cleave(damage)
Spinning Scythe(damage)

Reason I ask is because I am not familiar on how to up the damage of physical AoE ws's

Wsdmg? Multihit? Tp bonus? Wsc?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-21 12:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Flamma +1/2 for Shockwave / Fullbeak. Both Spinning and Fell Cleave are just +WSD. AoE physical WS's are the same as single hit only they do the damage calculations for each target in range.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2017-12-22 11:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, just returning to FFXI from a 6+ year hiatus. Finished my Apoc before I left but never got around to fully upgrading it. That's going to be my main goal moving ahead.

I'm just curious if anyone can point me towards some up-to-date DRK gear sets that revolve around Apocalypse. I remember having a ton but I lost all my old scripts and don't remember much of what I used. I know I had a STP build for 5 hitting, but I hear you're able to 4 hit now. So many gear changes to wrap my head around. xD

Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated!
 Shiva.Alcadias
Server: Shiva
user: Equinoxx
By Shiva.Alcadias 2017-12-26 23:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I'm using Azagarth's edited Ganno's lua and i'm trying to get it to recognize my Raetic algol. I swapped it with Rag and swapped it out in the weapon array at the top of it but it doesn't seem to work, my Apoc works just fine.
 Bahamut.Ballzack
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-12-26 23:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alcadias said: »
Hi, I'm using Azagarth's edited Ganno's lua and i'm trying to get it to recognize my Raetic algol. I swapped it with Rag and swapped it out in the weapon array at the top of it but it doesn't seem to work, my Apoc works just fine.
Need to add it to the different Idle sets, and make TP sets for it if you havent already
 Shiva.Alcadias
user: Equinoxx
By Shiva.Alcadias 2017-12-27 10:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ballzack said: »
Need to add it to the different Idle sets, and make TP sets for it if you havent already
I have set it in every set I could find that had rag in it and it still didnt seem to swap for me
 Bahamut.Ballzack
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-12-28 01:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ballzack said: »
I have set it in every set I could find that had rag in it and it still didnt seem to swap for me
Try something like this ['Raetic Algol'] instead, if you havent already, so something like sets.Idle.Regen['Raetic Algol'] instead of sets.idle.Regen.Raganrok, do that for whatever sets you replaced ragnarok with
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-01-05 23:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any updated am3 sets for Liberator that do not involve the use of argosy?
 Lakshmi.Odude
Server: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2018-01-28 20:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I am on the verge of upgrading to the Argosy +1 head/hands/feet, and was wondering what augment path I should go.

I'm assuming Path D on the head for the Accuracy and Dbl.Atk. Path D on the feet for the sTP and more Dbl.Atk. But how about the hands? Stick to Path D for those as well, or go down an Accuracy path like A or B?
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-29 04:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What’s WSD cap guys? Was looking though quetz drk guide and I noticed he had 48% cap for wsd under his torc set is that correct?
And if 48% is cap does that include wsd from jp ty guys
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-01-29 05:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Odude said: »
I am on the verge of upgrading to the Argosy +1 head/hands/feet, and was wondering what augment path I should go.

I'm assuming Path D on the head for the Accuracy and Dbl.Atk. Path D on the feet for the sTP and more Dbl.Atk. But how about the hands? Stick to Path D for those as well, or go down an Accuracy path like A or B?

Only Argosy piece that should be path D is the hands and maybe the head but Flamma +2 should be better. Unless your planning on using it for more than weapon skills.

Shiva.Fendarin said: »
What’s WSD cap guys? Was looking though quetz drk guide and I noticed he had 48% cap for wsd under his torc set is that correct?
And if 48% is cap does that include wsd from jp ty guys

There is no known WSD cap
[+]
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-29 10:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok that’s a relief thought I was stacking to much I do miss the odd torc that Screw up my avg I might try the af3 hands for extra acc see how that holds up
My torc set only has 1032 acc I think I’m miss to much tbh I might have to drop some wsd out for af3 hands
 Lakshmi.Odude
Server: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2018-01-29 12:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arnan said: »

Only Argosy piece that should be path D is the hands and maybe the head but Flamma +2 should be better. Unless your planning on using it for more than weapon skills.
I was more interested in Celata +1 for max Accuracy builds, and already use Flamma head +2 for a number of setups. But I figured the sTP+10 would be useful in various setups. Have these pieces been out paced at this point? Should I not bother with +1 feet at all?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-29 13:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Have these pieces been out paced at this point?

Depends on the job / setup in question. Argosy +1 Body / Hands / Legs are great for STR based multi-hit WS's on path D. DRK has AF+3 legs which are better so the only two pieces to use are Body + Hands. The prices have droped so much that the final excuse has been removed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 53 54 55