Forum » FFXI » General » Lag since the Feb 2017 update
Lag since the Feb 2017 update
 Asura.Ritikaa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ritika
By Asura.Ritikaa 2017-02-12 15:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I'm noticing a lot of lag spikes since the February 2017 Content Update. I've ruled out Windower as an issue, by just launching without it. It seems like the lag may be related to other players moving, as it doesn't only happen in crowded areas (happened out in Ra'kaznar Inner Court w/ just a friend and I) but doesn't happen in my Mog House.

I've recently changed to playing at 1440p but that was fine for 5 days before this started, which was right after the update.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

I've tried all the obvious things like turning off shadows, turning down model counts, lowering animation framerate, to no avail.
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2017-02-12 15:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Something funny... windower crash everytime i change job and zone.... :O the hell is goin on?
[+]
By Ritika 2017-02-12 15:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My lag isn't Windower related. If your issue is Windower specific, Yankke, it may be best to make a post in the Windower>Support section
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-12 15:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SE broke something badly. We don't use defensive options on GEO, never had to with our DT sets and so forth but now even with our DT sets things are hitting FAR harder then they were before. SE borked something when they modified the skills. Before would take 300~400 damage from Interference or Malign Invocation, now taking 800~1600.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-02-12 16:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I do Leviathan often, only thing I really noticed it seems to take less magic damage. Also, half resists Tenebral Crush. Otherwise, easy as usual
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-02-12 16:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
SE broke something badly. We don't use defensive options on GEO, never had to with our DT sets and so forth but now even with our DT sets things are hitting FAR harder then they were before. SE borked something when they modified the skills. Before would take 300~400 damage from Interference or Malign Invocation, now taking 800~1600.

I had been saying the exact same thing after our runs, I had to make sure that I wasn't getting caught in a ws to definitely say for 100% certain, but ya getting trucked although weird thing I noticed meteor or other nukes did not do as much as before.
 Lakshmi.Kyera
Server: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2017-02-12 17:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Agreed, before the update I was soloing Taelmoth on my DNC regularly. I would get a radialens and spam pops until it wore without dying once. This was solo with trusts, usually Amchu/Qul/Koru/Yoran/Cherukiki, so no GEO buffs. Suddenly after the update where they supposedly lowered mob magic skills I am getting one-shotted by 2.3k+ Dark Orbs almost every time I fight him, even with full buffs (Shell V and ~-20DT in my solo set). If anything he should have gotten easier?
 Asura.Ritikaa
By Asura.Ritikaa 2017-02-12 18:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you guys talking about, this thread is about lag w/ the update, not the changes lol
 Asura.Ritikaa
By Asura.Ritikaa 2017-02-12 19:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Found out what the issue was. Windows 10 decided to automatically update my graphics drivers. 376.53 was causing this issue, rolling back to 376.33 fixed it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-12 19:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyera said: »
If anything he should have gotten easier?

Yes things should of gotten "easier" but .. something's broken inside the code involving magic damage received.