Automatic Oseem Augments
First Page 2 3 4
 Sylph.Matamort
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Urmomshot
By Sylph.Matamort 2017-02-07 22:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there some kind of lua around that would use stones with oseem automatically until you get a minimum of predetermined stats? That would be so awesome!
By Calinar 2017-02-07 23:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the packet manipulation... i'm sure its possible...

Probably force perfect augs if you were so inclined
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-08 01:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

While this might be a lie to keep people calm, I think Byrth said in the past that augments happen serverside and there is nothing you can do to manipulate them.

The only thing you can do, and it's quite easy to do so, is manipulate the results you see on screen on your client.
You can make it look like Osseem is offering insane augments or even impossible ones, but this won't change the real nature of the augments Oseem is actually applying on your item.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-02-08 01:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think OP is asking to manipulate the results. I think he's asking for an automatic menu selection to keep getting new augs until Oseem returns a desired min/max value on the item you've traded him.

Instead of hitting new augs over and over and over and over again manually.
[+]
By Yandaime 2017-02-08 04:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

^this
Would be helpful to have an Lua that could cycle stones and dump trash augments. I'm aware that it's a lazy wish but stone-chucking takes up quite a lot of time lol. Something that starts up and gives a "DING!" When the desired parameters are touched.and a buzzer if I run out of stones. That way I could start it up and do homework and stuff while it "Cooks"

Again, would be nice. Can live without
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-08 09:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wrote this for ashita. Probably release within the week, doing testing with some ls members first.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-08 09:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Just wrote this for ashita. Probably release within the week, doing testing with some ls members first.
switching to Asita!!!!!!!!!
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2017-02-08 09:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
switching to Asita!!!!!!!!!

QFT >.>
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-08 09:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

After spending like 2 hours last night to get a good death Grio (without much success), you are about to become my new hero
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-08 10:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd9hr4hbaippg81/Oseem.zip?dl=0

A readme and a sample config are included. If you want to mess with it, feel free. As it uses keypresses for output instead of packets, you'll need the WindowerInput plugin loaded as well prior to using it.

(The keypresses are memory verified so they will not screw up, but potential packet drops and other issues made me decide not to go pure packet. Using the actual ingame UI gives you the option to add a delay and manually watch it as well.)

Has been tested by myself for several days and I'm relatively confident there are no bugs, but if you're concerned about reliability wait until I get a week or so of LS testing in and it appears in the launcher.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-02-08 11:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

WindowerInput plugin? I can't seem to find it under the plugin listing. Is it a custom one I have to download?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-08 11:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's included with ashita. As it's such a common plugin, it will always be downloaded.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-08 13:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What's Ashita, and how can I speed up my augmenting like you? Cuz I have stacks of stones, but the mere thought of standing there and clicking reroll through 3 screens 250 times is daunting.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 13:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, I want this for windower. <,<
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-08 13:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

edit.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-08 13:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unzips to root ashita directory(files go in plugins, docs, config but if you unzip there itll all fall into place).
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-02-08 14:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started augmenting some of the gear using stones but not sure how best to use them; only used dark matter random augments thus far.

Do people just use fern stones on everything? Or is there a reason to use the other ones?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-08 14:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Each stone can produce the same results, but with different caps on each. The stone used will guarantee a "forced" augment of a specific type. There's too many to list, but for a general overview:

Taupe Forces ATTRIBUTE, and increases the MAX to 15 (Normally 10)
Pellucid Forces Acc/Att/Racc/Ratt/Mab/Mab augment (I think) stat
Fern Forces Job Trait augment, increases special job trait by 1 point.
Dark Matter ignores all rules of augmenting and picks random stats from a random pool with no known algorithm for gear/stat allocation. Random augments is random.

Could be wrong, but review it here.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription

Good luck, and happy augmenting.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-02-08 14:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I read all that already but it didn't answer my question lol .. thanks for trying to be helpful though.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-02-08 14:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps I should give a more detailed question ..

Given that I have gears including Odyssean, Valorous, and Herculean which I want to use with my DRK, THF and COR (so melee paths only), and Merlinic/Chironic gear which I'm only going to use for SCH, which stones have players used to get the best results?

I am fully aware of what the wiki says, but it does not answer my question. I do not want to start wasting Pellucid stones on a melee piece if they could be better used for a mage piece, for example. I have hundreds of each stone and want to use all of them to their max potential.

Or does it not matter? Do I just use random stones on random pieces and hope for the best?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-02-08 14:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My general guidelines are:

Fern for melee TP and magic pieces (for higher chance of WSD), mage fast cast and possibly draspir potency.
Taupe for WS pieces for melee and for the possibility of high INT on mage nuking pieces.
Pellucid for a higher chance to roll double macc/MAB on mage or melee magic pieces. I never use Pellucid for melee.

So, if you're looking to build a better Herculean Boots, for example, and you need both a WS piece and a TP piece, I'd suggest Fern or Taupe.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-02-08 14:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
My general guidelines are:

Fern for melee TP and magic pieces (for higher chance of WSD), mage fast cast and possibly draspir potency.
Taupe for WS pieces for melee and for the possibility of high INT on mage nuking pieces.
Pellucid for a higher chance to roll double macc/MAB on mage or melee magic pieces. I never use Pellucid for melee.

So, if you're looking to build a better Herculean Boots, for example, and you need both a WS piece and a TP piece, I'd suggest Fern or Taupe.

Thanks man! This is so helpful and I'm sure other people could use this advice too as there's no telling what's good from eyeballing BGwikis possible stats.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-08 14:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer is: it depends.

What are your goals? High MAB? High Acc? Maxed TA with high acc? Each stone has a plus and a drawback. You have to decide what you want to augment on each particular piece and then use them appropriately.

For example, in my case, I use Taupe Stones almost exclusively for WS modifying gear (like dex/str/crit dmg+), because I like getting +15 of a stat on a particular piece to boost my wsdmg or modifiers. But this may not always net the best accuracy/attack, say if I used Pellucid.

I use Pellucid stones for gear that I really want acc/att, and I keep rolling for the additional stats that make them more attractive while keeping the higher acc values.

I almost always sell Fern stones, because I have the stats I need on most of my gear, and because its easy gil. But when I did use them, I used them for Maxed stat gears like Herc ta+4 or TA augment on Kanaria, or DA/STP augment on DD gear. I've also used it to force other stats, like Magic Burst Damage bonus.

Really, there is no answer to how to use the stones, its just based on what you need from them and what you hope to accomplish. If you're just looking to see what you can get, then toss away at the stones and see what appears. I've been extremely unlucky with Fern, so I don't even bother anymore. I use Taupe for most of what I need, because it drops like candy, and I've been more lucky with it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-02-08 14:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The answer is: it depends.

What are your goals? High MAB? High Acc? Maxed TA with high acc? Each stone has a plus and a drawback. You have to decide what you want to augment on each particular piece and then use them appropriately.

For example, in my case, I use Taupe Stones almost exclusively for WS modifying gear (like dex/str/crit dmg+), because I like getting +15 of a stat on a particular piece to boost my wsdmg or modifiers. But this may not always net the best accuracy/attack, say if I used Pellucid.

I use Pellucid stones for gear that I really want acc/att, and I keep rolling for the additional stats that make them more attractive while keeping the higher acc values.

I almost always sell Fern stones, because I have the stats I need on most of my gear, and because its easy gil. But when I did use them, I used them for Maxed stat gears like Herc ta+4 or TA augment on Kanaria, or DA/STP augment on DD gear. I've also used it to force other stats, like Magic Burst Damage bonus.

Really, there is no answer to how to use the stones, its just based on what you need from them and what you hope to accomplish. If you're just looking to see what you can get, then toss away at the stones and see what appears. I've been extremely unlucky with Fern, so I don't even bother anymore. I use Taupe for most of what I need, because it drops like candy, and I've been more lucky with it.

At the moment I have at least a dozen pieces which are unusable as they don't come anywhere near Ambuscade pieces or other bits I've picked up .. so literally anything would be better than nothing. Oraen already answered my question very well, at least now I won't waste 500+ pellucid stones on melee pieces when he's already tried that and not seen good results.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-02-08 14:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What's Ashita, and how can I speed up my augmenting like you? Cuz I have stacks of stones, but the mere thought of standing there and clicking reroll through 3 screens 250 times is daunting.

yea, iv never heard of this either.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-08 15:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

yea, iv never heard of this either.
Its like windower but by a different team, plugins/addons don't work with each other nor do gearswap files because they have there own addon that does it but uses xml instead of lua. It first came out a little before Windower v4 was released IIRC. They recently released v3 of it. http://ashita.atom0s.com/
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 15:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I never use Pellucid for melee.

Pellucid are better for TP pieces on anything that matters because 30 Acc 7 Store TP beats 20 Acc 8 Store TP. I mainly use fern for the WS pieces where I need a specific thing like WSD or TA and can sacrifice the accuracy.

My valorous greaves have with Pellucid
STR +7
Accuracy +35 Attack +23
Store TP +7

My Odyssean cuisses are
VIT +7
Accuracy +31 Attack +29
Store TP +4

After spamming almost 2000 fern stones I got the following for Legs
Accuracy +29 Attack +5
WSD +5%

Got plenty of Acc +10~15 and WSD +2~3 but never a 4 with a high Acc which just resulted in my one-hit WS's having 150~200 less acc.

A few hundred Taupe stones gave me this for Odyssean gloves
VIT +14
Acc +12 Attack +27
WSD +4%

And this is where Fern got me on Odyssean Head
Accuracy +17 Attack +22
WSD +4%

The acc distribution of fern and taupe is simply too low for them to be useful for TP pieces where accuracy is paramount. Special stats like Store TP and DA / TA have a good distribution on all stones with Fern just having a slightly higher value. The 1 Store TP or 1 DA isn't worth the hit on accuracy for stuff where spending gajillions of gil matters.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-08 15:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated to 1.01. Same URL, or can get just the dll without the zip at https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8qv6cn0b68vmou/Oseem.dll?dl=0

adds enternity functionality so you don't need enternity addon loaded(won't cause problems if you do have it, though)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-02-08 15:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Saevel, I was hoping someone else would chime in. At the moment I can only use these pieces if they are better than Ambuscade, and these pieces need a lot of accuracy to compete.

So what's your preferred? I see Pellucid for your TP pieces, but what would you use Fern/Taupe on?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 15:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Each stone can produce the same results, but with different caps on each. The stone used will guarantee a "forced" augment of a specific type. There's too many to list, but for a general overview:

Taupe Forces ATTRIBUTE, and increases the MAX to 15 (Normally 10)
Pellucid Forces Acc/Att/Racc/Ratt/Mab/Mab augment (I think) stat
Fern Forces Job Trait augment, increases special job trait by 1 point.
Dark Matter ignores all rules of augmenting and picks random stats from a random pool with no known algorithm for gear/stat allocation. Random augments is random.

Could be wrong, but review it here.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription

Good luck, and happy augmenting.

Normal cap for Acc/Atk is 30, Pellucid is 40, and because there are multiple acc / atk slots the result is Pellucid having an abnormally high distribution. Fern just forces a 100% guaranteed second slot and gives it a theoretical +1 to it's cap, it doesn't fix that it's just as likely to be Cure Received +8 as WSD +5.

Also it's not like you can trade the piece and a fern stone and say "please hand me acc +30 WSD +5 Stat +10" and have it appear.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4