New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Question about legendary rank for Idris quest
Question about legendary rank for Idris quest
By Felgarr 2017-02-06 20:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi folks,
I want to ease my way into getting legendary rank for Idris. Does it make sense to spend all 15 tags at a time, on one coalition, and once I'm legendary rank, move onto the next coalition?

Can someone recommend what order to do them in from easiest/laziest to the ones requiring the most attention/time? Thank you.
By Pantafernando 2017-02-06 20:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

First thing to pay attention is to try doing quest from the highest rank available otherwise it will take longe.

Courier is one of the fastest and simpler,just do the latest frontline suport available.

Pioneer requires more work, i would do the latest clear the way available, but you just to have some of them active at any time, and eventually they will be completed while you run across ulbuka.

Mummer is terrible, lost article is bad and behaviour research isnt that much good either. This one you probably need to suck it up, take some time to do it and spam till you can get to probationer, where things gets a lot better with morale boosting quests. Then, just spam the latest morale boosting, that are quite simple and fast.

Inventor is cake, maybe there will be some problem to find materials on AH depending on your server, but a good coaltion to do when you dont have much time.

Peacekeeper can be done in tandem, by killing both a colo and a lair reives, with pioneer quests so that makes 2 bird for a stone.

Scouts is kinda of similar to mummer as you have to suck it up with the ergon locus quests, but that is less annoying than mummers quests, and as soon as you get contributor, you have access to analyse, thats like inventors assigment but with less materials. Currently thats what i do to grab fast bayld, just trade one chunk of vanadium ore for 13k exp/bayld.

Also remember you can always just store imprimateur in a coalition in case you just dont feel like doing those at said day, then when you have more free time, like a weekend, you can resume those. Just remember to make sure to have enough space to get back imprimateur from a coalition in case you want to use it in another quest. If you cancel a quest with 15 imprimateurs on you, all extra will be lost.
[+]
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2017-02-06 21:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest you take a look at the follow key items and decide how you want to tackle them. There's a few prerequisites before obtaining them but you want to focus on the Imp generation ones so you can get those as you progress with coalitions.
[+]
 Asura.Baddog
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-02-09 00:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can complete assignments 1 level below your current rank and still get full credit, starting at Partner rank. Before partner rank all will give full credit. For myself, I found the ones that were easily repeatable such as morale boost in mummers and item trading in scouts and inventors. Use 1 imp to get your clear and just use the rest on the quickly repeatable ones.

Another strategy is to earn your bronze shovel cordon first so you faster imp replenishment, this means evenly doing all coalitions up to advisor earning you the KI. Granted Advisor is only 40 to go to legend but this is technically more efficient. 40 imps*6 coalitions * 30 mins saved each = 5 days saved!

The silver cordons are earned at legendary so no help there.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Coalition_Assignments
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Reja_Ygridhi