Forum » FFXI » General » WS'ing for ws or for sc damage
WS'ing for ws or for sc damage
 Asura.Icewell
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2017-02-03 14:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if anyone has a solution for equipping gear for maximizing damage for a weapon skill, vs maximizing damage for skillchain damage. If I'm on the first ws in a chain, I obviously have no need for skillchain damage on gear. But if I'm closing a 3 or 4 step with an ultimate skillchain, I do want to have skillchain damage gear on. Is there any solution to this besides creating a toggle?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-03 14:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically you could parse the action packets to keep track of what SC window(s) is/are currently open. At time of WS, do a check to see if it closes an open window on that mob and act accordingly.

It probably isn't that complicated, but I don't think it already exists.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-02-03 14:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I toggle it but if i was better with lua id probably set it up based on my weapon. Like if im going to be making multi step skillchains, i would use sequence over almace, so if sequence was in my main, the lua would swap to skillchain dmg gear instead of my normal ws gear.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-03 15:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Icewell said: »
I was wondering if anyone has a solution for equipping gear for maximizing damage for a weapon skill, vs maximizing damage for skillchain damage. If I'm on the first ws in a chain, I obviously have no need for skillchain damage on gear. But if I'm closing a 3 or 4 step with an ultimate skillchain, I do want to have skillchain damage gear on. Is there any solution to this besides creating a toggle?

This rarely becomes an issue unless there is a single item that has a very large SC bonus attached to it. That is because WS damage is what creates your SC damage, the bigger the WS the bigger the SC.

With a two step level 3 SC (Light / Dark) your base SC multiplier is 1.0 (Umbra / Radiance is 2.0), so WS damage * 1.0. Each preceding SC adds 0.5 to the multiplier for a the SC. Doing a three step is 1.5, a four step is 2.0, five step is 2.5 and so forth. Then you multiplier by "SC Bonus" Trait / Gear and then by any special bonus's the target has (Apex take bonus damage from SC). Because everything is a multiplier of the WS damage, raising the WS damage directly raise's all the rest.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-03 15:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some pieces of gear possibly worth subbing in. The ones that I can think of-

Mujin Band
Ryou Hakama +1
Hachirin-no-obi

Maybe some other stuff
By clearlyamule 2017-02-03 15:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hachirin while potentially being a decent increase in dmg is complicated on when it would work with multi element skillchains
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-03 16:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The BGwiki page on skillchains is frankly confusing the ***outta me.

Quote:
Equation: Skillchain damage = ( Closing Damage × (Skillchain Level/Number from Table) × (1 + Skillchain Bonus÷100) + Magic Damage ) × (1 + Skillchain Damage+%/100) × (1 + Day/Weather bonuses) × (1 + Staff Affinity) × (iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus) × (Monster magic damage reductions) × (iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus)
What's the difference between skillchain bonus and skillchain damage+? I would have thought bonus referred only to the trait, and damage to the gear, but.. the trait page lists gear as well...

And on that note, where does Aeonic aftermath factor in here? does it stack with bonus or damage+? or is it it's own term?

Lastly, it has been the case with a few things now, that augmented version of a stat weren't always the same thing as the normal gear versions.(pet breath+ on acro comes to mind. It turned out to be a multiplicative separate term with no known cap. ) Sooo, has anyone actually tested where the augmented effects of Reisenjima gear fall in this?
 Asura.Icewell
user: Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2017-02-03 16:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware of how sc multipliers work. That's not what I was asking about.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-04 05:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

I think there's something horrifically wrong with it, it's not that complicated...
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-04 06:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Quote:
Equation: Skillchain damage = ( Closing Damage × (Skillchain Level/Number from Table) × (1 + Skillchain Bonus÷100) + Magic Damage ) × (1 + Skillchain Damage+%/100) × (1 + Day/Weather bonuses) × (1 + Staff Affinity) × (iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus) × (Monster magic damage reductions) × (iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus)
What's the difference between skillchain bonus and skillchain damage+? I would have thought bonus referred only to the trait, and damage to the gear, but.. the trait page lists gear as well...

And on that note, where does Aeonic aftermath factor in here? does it stack with bonus or damage+? or is it it's own term?
That's easy. The "bonus" is the JT, and the "damage%" is the gear stat; iirc.

I don't know who wrote that formula, but it looks right.

As for Aeonic AM, that fits into the damage% term.
At least I'm fairly sure it does.

EDIT: though it seems to have the level term twice.....