Thinking Of Returning...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Siren » Thinking of returning...
Thinking of returning...
 Siren.Yachiryu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Crystina
By Siren.Yachiryu 2017-01-30 10:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

After many years of playing other mmos, was wondering how was ffxi? Is it still fun like I remembered it 4 years ago? lol hell is it worth even playing now? Heard it was dead now and many friends I made quit long ago. Well If u know or remember me< aka Crystina b4 servers fused> Please PM me. Thanks and laters.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-31 14:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm yes
By Draylo 2017-01-31 14:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's worth it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-01-31 14:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure it's worth it, and while you're at it come to a quiet server like Cerberus as we certainly need more players. Don't just join the biggest server .. it's too bandwagon.
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2017-01-31 14:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone's mileage will vary, but population numbers vary wildly from one server to the next, so keep that in mind when making your decision. Some do indeed look like ghost towns in comparison to the top 2 or 3 servers.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-01-31 14:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I see way too much advertisement for the big servers .. but don't be fooled, there are players on Cerberus during EU/NA time and we want to get things done. The cool thing is we don't get much congestion for Ambuscade or the recent Domain campaign.
By Draylo 2017-01-31 15:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest Asura or another high populated server.
By Sidiov 2017-01-31 15:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI gets more 'thinking of returning' threads than some other MMOs I have played have players.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-01-31 16:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have friends and care about end game content, you wont be very productive and get frustrated, especially on low pop servers. You'll have to make your own parties via shout or join those and that's an iffy proposition.

If you can find a good ls who has the same goals, then you should be golden. If you're multiboxing 3 or more characters and are good at it then you can do a ton more stuff.

You can get a lot of mileage out of older content from a couple years past using trusts solo, but you're not going to get into the newest/hardest content very efficiently.

I come back and play for a few months at a time a handful of times a year but things die down and I get bored/frustrated, when ls folks start playing less (it's great fun when we're all on working together though). Once you're at escha level content there is only so much you can solo with trusts and for me it's just not as fun playing a mmo as a single player game.
By anik 2017-01-31 17:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Your personal nostalgia is connected to the culture that once was in existence on your server, while you were playing.

In short, if your friends aren't looking for you, then there is no point in returning.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-31 17:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yach why is your name familiar
By Kodaijin 2017-01-31 18:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore congestion arguments. Play the game as it was meant to be played... with lots of people plus all the annoying trolls in city shouts just like the good old days. People who whine about congestion are trying to justify their decision to stay on dead servers.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-31 18:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »
Ignore congestion arguments. Play the game as it was meant to be played... with lots of people plus all the annoying trolls in city shouts just like the good old days. People who whine about congestion are trying to justify their decision to stay on dead servers.
Facts
 Valefor.Gator
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Gator 2017-02-04 00:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking of returning to game for good old times any ls doing anything still i want come back and help ppl out as well as advance on the game
 Asura.Chipmunkys
Server: Asura
user: Capsules
By Asura.Chipmunkys 2017-02-04 03:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gator's *** better be wearing jimmies!