Can The Blood Pact Ability Delay II = -15?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Can the Blood Pact Ability Delay II = -15?
Can the Blood Pact Ability Delay II = -15?
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-01-28 10:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I'm a returning Summoner (last really played at level 75) and I've geared up and am seeing something strange. I've written about it in the BG-WIKI talk page for BPAD (Blood Pact Ability Delay). I thought I'd ask here, as I think more people participate here than on that specific page. The talk page is at: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Blood_Pact_Ability_Delay

As I understand it, the maximum Blood Pact Ability Delay II is -15 seconds. When I count up the ways to get to -15, the highest according to the main page is -14. I compute this using:

• Sancus Sachet +1 = -7 (highest in its group)

• Conveyance Cape = -3 (max value)

• Glyphic Pigaches +1 = -1 (feet)

• Apogee Dalmatica +1 = -3 (body) (highest in its group)

This totals to -14. Please note the values on the gear are the maximum listed for ammo, body, and feet. Thus my question on getting to -15, which is the maximum. If SE only gives us at most -14 worth of items, then the realistic max is -14, right?

Thoughts?

Thanks!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-28 10:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Espiritus is also -2.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-01-28 11:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the list is complete as I thought Glyphic Doublet / Seraphicaller and a few other pieces gives BP II timer as well.

You actually only need Sancus or Sancus +1 when you have 1200 job points. As you get -5 @ 550 100 and another -5 @ 1200 as a job gift.

The job gifts are helpful as they free up slots that would otherwise go to BP II timer reductions for you to use to buff your summoning skill so that you can get to the additional -8 BP timer reduction from avatar favor.

My conveyance cape has both BP II -3 and summoning skill so I end up equipping more BP II reduction gear than I need.

So I'd recommend you get your 1st 100 JP ASAP and you should be easily able to cap with just Sancus +1 plus Conveyance (max augment)

As an aside, this discussion https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Blood_Pact_Ability_Delay is better than me at explaining it.

The Jp point gift delay reductions are separate from BP II but as it counts toward the same -30 reduction max, I tend to count it as if its an extension of BP II timer reduction.
[+]