FFXI lagging every 3 seconds
 Asura.Meekriot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2017-01-26 11:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone,

Recently came back to FFXI from about 4 months ago. When I logged in I immediately started getting a lag with my game. I timed it... every 3 seconds my game freezes up for about .5-1 second. It's pretty consistent, too.

I've tried to disable all Windower plugins/add-ons one by one. That didn't do it.
I tried to remove all weather effects, animation rates, character loads, bg distance, all one by one. That didn't do it.
I even tried to start the game through Ashita to see if that changed it. Didn't do it.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm not seeing anything within my computer that could be causing the issue either. Everything was fine last time I played the game.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-26 11:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meekriot said: »
Hey everyone,

Recently came back to FFXI from about 4 months ago. When I logged in I immediately started getting a lag with my game. I timed it... every 3 seconds my game freezes up for about .5-1 second. It's pretty consistent, too.

I've tried to disable all Windower plugins/add-ons one by one. That didn't do it.
I tried to remove all weather effects, animation rates, character loads, bg distance, all one by one. That didn't do it.
I even tried to start the game through Ashita to see if that changed it. Didn't do it.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm not seeing anything within my computer that could be causing the issue either. Everything was fine last time I played the game.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Many of us have been experiencing abnormally unusual lag in all Escha zones. We've more or less just chalked it up to the zone lag from people killing DM, but it's not gone without issues. Us SCH's have missed our skillchains as well as other delayed actions/reactions from party members.

Disconnecting in Omen is also a common sight.
By Verda 2017-01-26 11:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Try loading up vanilla, work from there!
 Asura.Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2017-01-26 11:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

Many of us have been experiencing abnormally unusual lag in all Escha zones. We've more or less just chalked it up to the zone lag from people killing DM, but it's not gone without issues. Us SCH's have missed our skillchains as well as other delayed actions/reactions from party members.

See, mine is doing it in my Mog House. In the city. Dungeons. Everywhere
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-26 11:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't use Comcast then!
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-01-26 11:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Do you use a bandwidth manager like NetLimiter?

Edit: When I had the same problem, I found out that it may cause this issue and uninstalling it was the solution for me.

Also make sure you have a controller plugged in IF you have a controller enable in FFXIconfig utility and do not plug one in otherwise.
 Asura.Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2017-01-26 11:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to my knowledge I don't use any band with limiters. I do have Comcast now because I moved in between the time period that I didn't play. I have a faster Internet speed that I had before, and I can play other online games just fine without lag. Could that be the issue though?

Doing text to talk with Siri… My apologies for any typos
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-01-26 11:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to my knowledge I don't use any band with limiters. I do have Comcast now because I moved in between the time period that I didn't play. I have a faster Internet speed that I had before, and I can play other online games just fine without lag. Could that be the issue though?

When I had the same problem, I found out that NetLimiter (and other similar apps) may cause this issue and uninstalling it was the solution for me.

I have no idea about Comcast, sorry.

Also make sure you have a controller plugged in IF you have a controller enabled in FFXIconfig utility and do not plug one in otherwise. This is a more common reason for the stuttering.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-26 12:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Im on Comcast and run 4 characters..but the only time I get lag like that is when doing DM in eschew which is expected
 Asura.Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2017-01-26 13:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

When I had the same problem, I found out that NetLimiter (and other similar apps) may cause this issue and uninstalling it was the solution for me.

I have no idea about Comcast, sorry.

Also make sure you have a controller plugged in IF you have a controller enabled in FFXIconfig utility and do not plug one in otherwise. This is a more common reason for the stuttering.

Ahh... the controller might be it. I actually used to only play with a controller, but I lost it during my move. I will try this as soon as I can.

I'll also check into NetLimiter. Is that a Windows thing? I've never heard of it
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-26 14:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Hey everyone,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

When Omen was released, I disconnected on the first floor. Returned, and I was on an empty floor. No monster, none of my party. Apparently, my group had completed the floor and warped up. I could not re-join the event.

Last night, on floor warps from 1->2, I loaded with a black screen. I could target myself, monsters, my party, and type as normal, but it was just a black screen where I could see nothing. Apparently, I was using an item mid-warp, and I got the "event skipped" message (weird for item use) during the process. It lagged and didn't load the screen at all. When I got to floor 3, the zone returned to normal.

tl;dr: That zone is buggy as ***.
 Asura.Midgley
user: maiestass
By Asura.Midgley 2017-01-26 15:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember getting this before a few years ago, and i had to disable the QoS Packet Scheduler under my network connection settings for it to run smoothly
 Asura.Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2017-01-26 18:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried both the QoS Packet Schedule and plugging a controller in. One of those fixed it. Not sure which because I did them both at the same time. No longer having the issue.

Thanks guys!
 Carbuncle.Tace
Server: Carbuncle
user: tace
By Carbuncle.Tace 2017-01-26 18:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This happend to me turned out it was the controller mine had broke so i was playing it without it plugged in when i unchecked controller box in ffxiconfig the 3 sec freeze/lag stopped once i got the new controller again no lag/freeze.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2017-01-26 23:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Happened to me , I fixed it by changing FFXI to 60fps
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2017-01-26 23:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been happening to me for months now. Already had QOS turned off and I play with a controller so reading this I was kind of bummed out that it wouldn't help. But!

I have to use the ffxipadconfig from the TOOLSEU folder, when I first installed being from the US naturally I tried using the ffxipadconfig from the TOOLUS folder. Not understanding it'd cause an issue I left "Enable Gamepad" checked, now both ffxiconfigs were working together. Turning off the TOOLSUS ffxiconfig enable gamepad setting did the trick.

Also whenever I logged into POL my gamepad would light up as if it was waiting for a signal up until the game became full screen then it would fully connect. Now my gamepad if fully functional in POL also.

Thanks to the OP for posting and to everyone making their suggestions. Finally fixed.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [909 days between previous and next post]
By aisukage 2019-07-25 03:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is old but this really helped. Was experiencing the same .5 second of a lag every few seconds when i logged in today. I usually play with controller but it wasn't plugged in. After reading through this and someone recommended the controller issue. I plugged it in and it fixed all lag issues.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]