which Aeonic?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-26 13:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Aldaron said: »
No one is saying you absolutely 100% have to make x or y weapons, people are just discussing to give ideas so someone considering a few weapons can make a more informed decision.
You missed the whole point of my post.

He could get Sequence and still be poorly geared towards it. He could also get Fomalhaut and do much better, but never use it cause nobody wants to invite a RNG nowadays.

Cause one weapon doesn't make a character. It depends on other factors, such as the other gear, the skill level of the player, and the party at whole (a party that's balanced would do a lot better than a party of 6 REMA RNGs).

Shiva.Aldaron said: »
But thank you for the lecture.
You're welcome. Now you owe me $250, cause schooling isn't free.

Pay up before I school you again.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-01-26 13:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So after thinking about it for .. another two minutes, I've come to a conclusion.

Consider I already made a Mythic, I'm unlikely to make three of them .. but I'm not against making a second. Out of Vajra and Death Penalty, I'm much likely to pick DP, not just because it looks awesome but because it's Corsairs best gun (especially for Leaden). Vajra is nice, but I read in the thief forums its aftermath can have diminishing returns so it loses some appeal.

While I could make Fomalhaut .. I'll likely regret doing so because if end up making another mythic it would be DP so Thief would be left out. I don't love these jobs (like THF and COR equally) as much as others do, but I would like to make at least one ultimate weapon for each. So with that said .. Aeneas seems like the logical choice.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-01-26 13:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
I'm sorry to say but SE has not done right by the player base with regards to Aeonics full potential. Some are useful (even very useful) but others are lockstyle pieces. I'm actually making the shield next for the sole purpose of nothing but lockstyle.

I mean, really?

SE needs to spend a little bit of time that they take to create and construct our monthly campaigns and events and hash out some sort of system to make Aeonics far more useful than they are. Khatvanga in my opinion should have been SMN's best Magic BP staff if only it was given the proper stats for it.

Besides being an extremely strong melee club, what else am I supposed to do with this blueberry lollipop club?

How about an augment system for Aeonics? How about an afterglow quest to allow them to have an aura?

I am with you on this, I have no interest in making any of the rest of these weapons and if I didn't want to be a complete *** I would have sat out this and further rounds from our shell. To me it's pretty sad that these can be made faster than getting a job mastered (at least with our shell) To me, like you said there is no incentive whatsoever.
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-26 13:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't completely dismiss Anguta - particularly since you're a career DRK. Send a message to Bloodlusty, Buuki, Ruaumoko and so on about the weapon in today's end game meta before deciding against it simply because you already have multiple DRK weapons.

Many types of content require a job to have multiple weapons and be versatile. Good RNG's will want to have Fomalhaut AND Afterglow Anni because both are needed depending on what you're fighting. And more often than not, you're using Chrono Bullets from Fomalhaut on your Anni anyway (and sometimes vice versa).

If you solo a lot or want weapons that are easy to self-skillchain Radiance and Umbra (and play the respective jobs) then look at Aeneas since you mentioned it.

I know you have COR also so having Fomalhaut would obviously be a benefit to you. I'm not sure if you're using Armageddon or plan on making a DP, but Fomal would definitely help your arsenal there.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-01-26 13:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
I wouldn't completely dismiss Anguta - particularly since you're a career DRK. Send a message to Bloodlusty, Buuki, Ruaumoko and so on about the weapon in today's end game meta before deciding against it simply because you already have multiple DRK weapons.

Many types of content require a job to have multiple weapons and be versatile. Good RNG's will want to have Fomalhaut AND Afterglow Anni because both are needed depending on what you're fighting. And more often than not, you're using Chrono Bullets from Fomalhaut on your Anni anyway (and sometimes vice versa).

If you solo a lot or want weapons that are easy to self-skillchain Radiance and Umbra (and play the respective jobs) then look at Aeneas since you mentioned it.

I know you have COR also so having Fomalhaut would obviously be a benefit to you. I'm not sure if you're using Armageddon or plan on making a DP, but Fomal would definitely help your arsenal there.

Yes, I'm aware of Anguta and its potential in certain situations. I think I've done enough for DRK, I afterglowed Lib and will have AG Rag soon as well. I'm not always playing Dark Knight, so something has to give and I should focus on my other jobs so they ain't stuck in 2014-15 mode. Fomal would be a great boon to my corsair, but my thief is still using Taming Sari's and is my main farming job (when I can be bothered to farm!) so it would boost that aspect.

Personally, if I could make the dagger, gun, and scythe I would, but limitations restrict me to the one choice for now. Whether I pick Aeneas or Fomal, I'll miss the other and secretly wish I could've done Anguta too. Making my Thief more available for high tier NMs is appealing, and since I got Scholar up I'm using Corsair less and less. Edit: I don't have Ranger by the way. :)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-01-26 13:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I decided on Aeneas, just because it's likely to get more use and will encourage me to make Death Penalty at some point. Thanks for the feedback everyone! I can get back to playing the game and work towards completion.
[+]