Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2017-10-15
271 users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-10-12 21:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-13 07:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
I always found, for me, the best stories were those of reluctance or unwitting resilience, by chance or divine design, the force. I really wouldn't mind if jar jar was behind everything, as long as he had no idea. However, if he was in control, that would be a disappointment. I would like to see the story as if THE FORCE was acting through JAR JAR without his sensing it or feeling it, rather than JAR JAR wielding THE FORCE.

It's a very Zen flesh Zen bones EASTERN Philosophical turn, which would fit in with STAR WARS.

Yeah, the Force really needs to do a better job of balancing itself.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-13 07:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Dooku didn't really do anything. He chopped off Anakin's hand only to get decapitated within the first 5 minutes of the next movie.

The audience was invested in Maul. He killed Qui-Gon and established himself as a real villain, which could have turned into some great character development and a revenge arc for Obi-Wan (and by extension Anakin) over the next two movies. Only to get bisected 5 minutes later.

Both villains could have had great arcs built around them but they wasted them both.

Then there wouldn't be as much incentive to buy all the miniatures and toys. By changing the villains out they could reintroduce *new* merchandise that everyone gets to buy all over again.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-13 08:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Maul was cool as hell. All respect to Christopher Lee but I would have rather had Darth Maul throughout the prequels. Instead they created 3 mini bosses in Maul, Dooku and Grievous.

In the grand scheme I tend to agree, though I still think the Dooku-Yoda duel was the high point of the prequels, the bar admittedly not set incredibly high.
I don't know, while Dooku vs. Yoda was badass, I liked the Skywalker vs. Kenobi fight better. Up until the end, where it all came down to ***and the ending felt very rushed.

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
words

I'm sorry your precious childhood was ruined by the mean man substituting his beard for a chin and jawline.
[+]

Seriously, I don't know why he posts if he's going to throw a hissy fit with every post. He's not going to take Adam Driver's role from him....
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-13 08:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't know, while Dooku vs. Yoda was badass, I liked the Skywalker vs. Kenobi fight better.

Except for this

that fight was sick.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-13 08:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Then there wouldn't be as much incentive to buy all the miniatures and toys. By changing the villains out they could reintroduce *new* merchandise that everyone gets to buy all over again.

I'm hoping they won't make the same mistake with this trilogy. People were (understandably) disappointed by how highly marketed Captain Phasma was compared to her screen time, but at least her and General Hux aren't dead yet. There's still time for them to be worthwhile villains.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-13 08:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't know, while Dooku vs. Yoda was badass

That's really all it comes down to; the fight itself was legit, but not the best.

It really was just that one moment of Yoda actually going from decrepit little creature to BAMF.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-13 08:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

I'm hoping they won't make the same mistake with this trilogy. People were (understandably) disappointed by how highly marketed Captain Phasma was compared to her screen time, but at least her and General Hux aren't dead yet. There's still time for them to be worthwhile villains.

All signs point to her being a bigger presence in this one. And while I've not read it yet apparently the "new" EU book for her is pretty good.

Avoiding spoilers, but from what I've heard she's not the sworn-loyalty-in-blood type and is a bit more...fluid...in her loyalties.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-13 08:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

the "new" EU
Yeah, not going to bother with it.

You don't bastardize hundreds of books and destroy decades worth of canon just so you can sell the latest/greatest merchandise for new owners and get away with it.

I will probably never read any of the new EU.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-13 09:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about picking up the audio book but...eh. I dunno. I've got a lot of other stuff to listen to right now.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-13 09:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about picking up the audio book but...eh. I dunno. I've got a lot of other stuff to listen to right now.

I might go back and read the Aftermath books to get more backstory on the new characters.

I do know the Phasma book really delves deep into her character arc and fleshes out a lot of questions (like why she so quickly lowered the shields at Starkiller Base without putting up a fight). It's very interesting to say the least.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7