Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-10-12 21:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-13 07:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
I always found, for me, the best stories were those of reluctance or unwitting resilience, by chance or divine design, the force. I really wouldn't mind if jar jar was behind everything, as long as he had no idea. However, if he was in control, that would be a disappointment. I would like to see the story as if THE FORCE was acting through JAR JAR without his sensing it or feeling it, rather than JAR JAR wielding THE FORCE.

It's a very Zen flesh Zen bones EASTERN Philosophical turn, which would fit in with STAR WARS.

Yeah, the Force really needs to do a better job of balancing itself.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-13 07:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Dooku didn't really do anything. He chopped off Anakin's hand only to get decapitated within the first 5 minutes of the next movie.

The audience was invested in Maul. He killed Qui-Gon and established himself as a real villain, which could have turned into some great character development and a revenge arc for Obi-Wan (and by extension Anakin) over the next two movies. Only to get bisected 5 minutes later.

Both villains could have had great arcs built around them but they wasted them both.

Then there wouldn't be as much incentive to buy all the miniatures and toys. By changing the villains out they could reintroduce *new* merchandise that everyone gets to buy all over again.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-13 08:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Maul was cool as hell. All respect to Christopher Lee but I would have rather had Darth Maul throughout the prequels. Instead they created 3 mini bosses in Maul, Dooku and Grievous.

In the grand scheme I tend to agree, though I still think the Dooku-Yoda duel was the high point of the prequels, the bar admittedly not set incredibly high.
I don't know, while Dooku vs. Yoda was badass, I liked the Skywalker vs. Kenobi fight better. Up until the end, where it all came down to ***and the ending felt very rushed.

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
words

I'm sorry your precious childhood was ruined by the mean man substituting his beard for a chin and jawline.
[+]

Seriously, I don't know why he posts if he's going to throw a hissy fit with every post. He's not going to take Adam Driver's role from him....
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-13 08:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't know, while Dooku vs. Yoda was badass, I liked the Skywalker vs. Kenobi fight better.

Except for this

that fight was sick.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-13 08:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Then there wouldn't be as much incentive to buy all the miniatures and toys. By changing the villains out they could reintroduce *new* merchandise that everyone gets to buy all over again.

I'm hoping they won't make the same mistake with this trilogy. People were (understandably) disappointed by how highly marketed Captain Phasma was compared to her screen time, but at least her and General Hux aren't dead yet. There's still time for them to be worthwhile villains.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-13 08:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't know, while Dooku vs. Yoda was badass

That's really all it comes down to; the fight itself was legit, but not the best.

It really was just that one moment of Yoda actually going from decrepit little creature to BAMF.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-13 08:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

I'm hoping they won't make the same mistake with this trilogy. People were (understandably) disappointed by how highly marketed Captain Phasma was compared to her screen time, but at least her and General Hux aren't dead yet. There's still time for them to be worthwhile villains.

All signs point to her being a bigger presence in this one. And while I've not read it yet apparently the "new" EU book for her is pretty good.

Avoiding spoilers, but from what I've heard she's not the sworn-loyalty-in-blood type and is a bit more...fluid...in her loyalties.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-13 08:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

the "new" EU
Yeah, not going to bother with it.

You don't bastardize hundreds of books and destroy decades worth of canon just so you can sell the latest/greatest merchandise for new owners and get away with it.

I will probably never read any of the new EU.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-13 09:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about picking up the audio book but...eh. I dunno. I've got a lot of other stuff to listen to right now.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-13 09:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about picking up the audio book but...eh. I dunno. I've got a lot of other stuff to listen to right now.

I might go back and read the Aftermath books to get more backstory on the new characters.

I do know the Phasma book really delves deep into her character arc and fleshes out a lot of questions (like why she so quickly lowered the shields at Starkiller Base without putting up a fight). It's very interesting to say the least.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-20 13:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

By zaxtiss 2017-10-20 15:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the new book called?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
By Blazed1979 2017-12-21 13:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

star wars is officially dead.
40 years to see Luke Skywalker on the big screen again, for this...

Best evidence that Disney don't know *** all about star wars was Yoda's quote
"Follow your feelings"...

There isn't a facepalm big enough for this galaxy...
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-12-21 13:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

When character walked out the door and character #2 was like fire everything at that man... I got chills. Made me think of end of Rogue One. sadly, not up to par. Could have been much more epic.
By Blazed1979 2017-12-21 13:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »
When character walked out the door and character #2 was like fire everything at that man... I got chills. Made me think of end of Rogue One. sadly, not up to par. Could have been much more epic.
No hero journey in the movie at all.Only person who sacrifices anything is a person who was on screen for 20 minutes, and who we had no investment in.
That character 1 was yellow.

How interesting would these movies had been if they told Kylo Ren's story?
Not ideal, but better than this drivel.
By Kodaijin 2017-12-21 13:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey remember all those "I wonder who ______ is?" after episode 7?
Episode 8: "forget all that"
By Kodaijin 2017-12-21 13:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

that that fight between Luke and Snoke was amazing though right?

Who would have thought a Master Force User would get taken out like that.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-12-21 13:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Luke Skywalker to Darth Vader, the galaxies biggest villain who killed kids and destroyed planets "there is good in you, i can sense it father"

Luke skywalker to Ben Solo who was a teenager having bad dreams and probably going through puberty "You must die!"

Yoda in original trilogy "feelings yada yada yada lead to the darkside"

Yoda in this drivel "let your feelings guide you master skywalker"

FML... im so insulted by this ***
By Blazed1979 2017-12-21 13:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

"We don't fight to destroy the things we hate, we fight for the things we love" - don't sacrifice yourself.
literally 5 minutes after Admiral purple hair sacrifices herself.

this ***is terribad, self contradicting primary school story time F material.

the feminism in this movie stinks:
Ben Kenobi went up against Vader. Result: Kenobi dead. Jin versus Maul: Jin dead. Anakin vs Doku: Anakin missing limbs. Force noob Rey vs Ren: permanent scar on Rens face. Force noob Rey vs Skywalker: Skywalker on his ***. Force noob Rey vs Praetorian guards: a few scratches on Rey and dead Praetorian guards. Mary Sue indeed.
By Kodaijin 2017-12-21 13:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoda's force ghost using force lightning... not sure what to make of that.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-21 13:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched just to see the flashy lights and explosions, otherwise story is ***like pretty much everything else in Hollywood.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-21 13:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
the feminism in this movie stinks:
Ben Kenobi went up against Vader. Result: Kenobi dead. Jin versus Maul: Jin dead. Anakin vs Doku: Anakin missing limbs. Force noob Rey vs Ren: permanent scar on Rens face. Force noob Rey vs Skywalker: Skywalker on his ***. Force noob Rey vs Praetorian guards: a few scratches on Rey and dead Praetorian guards. Mary Sue indeed.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlotArmor

[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-12-21 14:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

who's genius idea was it to make a movie about the slowest space chase ever?
I could have gone out into my garden, gotten two snails and called one cruiser and the other dreadnaught and watched them chase each other for 45 minutes. Would have been more entertaining than this ***.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Kodaijin 2017-12-21 14:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Notable moments
-Kylo Ren chest is huge.

No point in showing that except to try and build up the character after the emo crap in Ep 7.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-21 14:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Force noob Rey vs Ren: permanent scar on Rens face. Force noob Rey vs Skywalker: Skywalker on his ***. Force noob Rey vs Praetorian guards: a few scratches on Rey and dead Praetorian guards. Mary Sue indeed.

-Ren was shot by a gun that they went out of their way to show how strong it was. The fact that he was even able to fight at all showed how savage he was.

-Luke was not only out of practice, but also had shut himself off from the force and just about everything else.

-I think Rey took out about half as many guards as Ren and was shown to be having way more trouble than them. She isn't refined with the force, but she did have prior combat training.

Look, I get you didn't like the movies and that's whatever, but these aren't really plotholes.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-12-21 14:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Praetorian guards
Praetorian guards

She was fighting Jedi killers... Specifically trained to do one thing and one thing only.. Kill Jedi.. she should have died even to one.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-12-21 14:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Force noob Rey vs Ren: permanent scar on Rens face. Force noob Rey vs Skywalker: Skywalker on his ***. Force noob Rey vs Praetorian guards: a few scratches on Rey and dead Praetorian guards. Mary Sue indeed.

-Luke was not only out of practice, but also had shut himself off from the force and just about everything else.

Not really true considering the ending took more force knowledge and ability than anything seen previously in any movie. No one knew the truth, not even his sister when he touched her and gave her that Han thing. I took Rey vs Luke thing as he didnt want to fight at all.
By Kodaijin 2017-12-21 14:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Praetorian guards
Praetorian guards

She was fighting Jedi killers... Specifically trained to do one thing and one thing only.. Kill Jedi.. she should have died even to one.

Didnt you know? Fight Kylo + walk up some stairs + sleep outside + fall down a hole and touch a mirror = superturbojedipowers

for $9.99 you too can have an even more force power to impress that special someone in your life. Act now, and we'll double your order, just pay separate processing and handling. We'll send you weird alien nut milk expedited to make your training faster than ever.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12