Making An Official BUY & SELL Thread?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Making an official BUY & SELL thread?
Making an official BUY & SELL thread?
 Sylph.Jenasys
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Wizdom
By Sylph.Jenasys 2017-01-21 20:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this isn't the first time this topic has came up but I feel like we need to do something about this.

When browsing the crafting forums all I see is people trying to sell things across server. Most of the time its multiple things... Before you know it you're having to make 3-4 different WTS topics in multiple crafting forum sections. Then You have to decide which topics to bump and which to leave in fear you might upset people for constantly keeping your thread(s) on the main page.

Although its nothing new, and has been done before, I believe making 1 list of everything you're trying to sell and keeping it updated by yourself is something that would be better for all of us. kinda similar to having a 'For Sale Profile'. Moderators would only have to sticky the thread in this section and it would be up to us to say if something is SOLD

Yes I know there is a bazaar section but that's not really being utilized effectively now is it...

Example:

Jenasys's Bazaar
Staunch tathlum +1 100m SOLD
Jinxed gages 100m
Jinxed doublet 200m

Any updates to your list are simple post edits and there is no need for a new thread creation. This is also good cause it keeps all the "Expensive item" FOR SALE posts in one thread making it easier to sell things and find things you're looking to buy.

Any feedback is welcome!

Thanks guys!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-21 21:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the bazaar system is actually incredibly effective for buyers, if someone is looking to buy an item they will check the page and see who has it for sale

people spam threads because they feel they can get a better price by maximizing exposure.. so sellers want an unfair advantage

in that sense, 1 master thread doesn't really offer anything that a better bazaar browsing system wouldn't, because it's not giving the seller the increased exposure

i'm all for ditching the threads entirely and sticking to bazaar, obviously most sellers want that extra visibility but it's becoming less and less sustainable as half of the front page is taken up by sell threads usually
[+]