Thinking About Getting Back Into The Game.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Thinking about getting back into the game.
Thinking about getting back into the game.
 Shiva.Aviagalka
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Aviagalka
By Shiva.Aviagalka 2017-01-19 10:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit the game almost 5 years ago and I am starting to seriously think about getting back into the game. I know everyone was saying the game was dying when I quit back then, but how is it now? And how much do I have to learn? And most importantly, is it worth it?
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-19 10:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Aviagalka said: »
I quit the game almost 5 years ago and I am starting to seriously think about getting back into the game. I know everyone was saying the game was dying when I quit back then, but how is it now? And how much do I have to learn? And most importantly, is it worth it?

Afterglowing that Masamune wouldn't be a bad idea.

It's worth it, but it also might depend on your server and the community to join for end-game. Social linkshells are a dime a dozen but if you want to get caught up and do end game, then you'll need to hopefully get into a community that can help you achieve those goals.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-19 10:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

-Its not dying depending on which server you go to.
-The game is easier to pick up then ever before untill a certain point, I feel gear progression has become more important to participate in anything then it used to be.
-If its worth it depends on your own playstyle, its become very lowman friendly (again till a certain point) There's a huge lack of dedicated ls's though...if you reach "that point" in game.
-Overall I think its cheap entertainment and the game has stood the test of time very well, I still login almost every day after 9 years
[+]
 Shiva.Aviagalka
By Shiva.Aviagalka 2017-01-19 11:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Which of the servers is the most populated? Would staying on Shiva be ok? Or should I just do some research before I pick?
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-19 11:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of people have moved to Asura, as far I know its the most populated server and its also the heaviest English speaking server. I dont know about the other servers but I came from Leviathan and on Asura at any moment of the day they have three times the population.

It depends though, if you can join a good dedicated ls its not necessary to look for another server. On the other hand if you jump to Asura and cant find a decent server its no fun either I guess.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-19 11:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Which of the servers is the most populated? Would staying on Shiva be ok? Or should I just do some research before I pick?

You might do your research. Odin and Asura I think are technically the largest in terms of player population, but I've heard that even some of the smaller servers are still fully capable of end game (provided you're able to get invited to their communities).

Asura is really awesome though. There's never ever ever any drama and no one shouts nonsensical flim-flam in /yells. It's such a peaceful friendly group of like-minded players.

You might check us out!

><
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-19 11:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura and Odin.
By Bongarippa 2017-01-19 11:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how you like to play. Do you like to be solo with trusts or with people doing things? Persoanlly, I was on Asura (very high population) for a bit and didn't really know anyone so didn't really do much even though theres regularly pickup groups. Ended up going back to Bismarck (dead server) where a few of my friends were that still played and am still enjoying playing the game.
 Shiva.Aviagalka
By Shiva.Aviagalka 2017-01-19 11:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I really appreciate all the responses, you guys are awesome! I'm gonna have to do a bit of thinking and look around to see if any of my old buddies play or not.