Equipment Exploit
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 09:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

By modifying the equipset packet, you can equip the same piece of armor on multiple (abnormal) slots and receive the bonus multiple times.

It appears many people are using this to equip items such as kupo shield or crafting torques to receive a huge amount of excess skill and break tiers that shouldn't be possible.

This is why the forums are flooded with HQ threads selling impossible amounts of high value items.

I wouldn't recommend doing this if you haven't already since I'm making daily reports to the STF and GMs and it will put your account at risk. However, increasing exposure to the information lights a fire under SE's *** and motivates them to fix it sooner.

Edit: Also entirely possible this can be/is being used inside instanced content. Equipping 12 of a high def/m.eva slot would provide any job with nearly the defensive capability of a paladin and potentially more offense than any legitimate set.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-18 09:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

so people were able to equip 1 crafting torque is like 8 different slots?
 Ragnarok.Sequdaz
Server: Ragnarok
user: sequdaz
By Ragnarok.Sequdaz 2017-01-18 09:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering how someone made 7+ HQ jackets and selling them all at once..
Well 'till SE fixes it consider the prices to fall horribly and an increase in demand for materials :)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-01-18 09:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Could SEs "fix" also begin to track gear swaps that should be "impossible", like being able to swap from a precast-fastcast set to a midcast-nuking set, when Quick Magic procs? If so, what is to stop SE from banning anyone that uses the Gearswap addon?

I'm not saying that the players doing this should be able to. But rather, could it be fixed on our end, by the Windower Dev team, so that this exploit isn't possible.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 09:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Most likely 12, when I tested it I didn't check if main/sub/range/ammo were treated differently. But yea, that's what's going on.

Quote:
Could SEs "fix" also begin to track gear swaps that should be "impossible", like being able to swap from a precast-fastcast set to a midcast-nuking set, when Quick Magic procs? If so, what is to stop SE from banning anyone that uses the Gearswap addon?

I'm not saying that the players doing this should be able to. But rather, could it be fixed on our end, by the Windower Dev team, so that this exploit isn't possible.
Gearswap doesn't natively allow it to the best of my knowledge(I'm an ashita user, so I know the packets involved but not how people were accomplishing it). Even if it was only through gearswap, a gearswap patch wouldn't be an adequate solution as it could still be done through personal addons. It's really not that complicated for anyone with a basic understanding of lua(or c++ through ashita). It needs to be fixed on SE's end.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-18 09:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sequdaz said: »
what server is this on? LOL
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 09:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though you're a well known foil hat not everyone does that let alone knows how. Hell I don't even use windower. But after speaking to a GM about this weird issue. Response: " it's a known data exploit issue that now has created a bug in the game. Ffxi team already knows about this and will be fixed soon or with next update." Hilarious guess they don't care much.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 09:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Fact.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 09:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So, if anyone happens to be lucky enough to get a few HQs, that's a reportable transaction in your mind?

I better stop selling Meat Chiefkabobs then.....
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-18 09:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sequdaz said: »
Well 'till SE fixes it consider the prices to fall horribly and an increase in demand for materials :)

Quite the opposite. If SE find this, I'm pretty sure they'll destroy the resultant HQs still on the offender, as well as all related accounts. And, if this has been going on a while, some prices could actually be artificially low- cheaters of this level I'd assume would want to move their booty fast.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 09:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Even though you're a well known foil hat not everyone does that let alone knows how. Hell I don't even use windower. But after speaking to a GM about this weird issue. Response: " it's a known data exploit issue that now has created a bug in the game. Ffxi team already knows about this and will be fixed soon or with next update." Hilarious guess they don't care much.
As probably the worst thread spammer, your only reason to not be jumping for joy at the thought of something like this being fixed is that you're using it yourself. If that's not the case, you should be thrilled that the market is going to normalize.

Quote:
So, if anyone happens to be lucky enough to get a few HQs, that's a reportable transaction in your mind?

You clearly missed the point. People are equipping the same torque or shield 12-16 times using an exploit. This allows items that were previously at best 1/64~ hq rate to become 1/16~ and items that were previously at best 1/16~ hq rate to become 1/4~.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-18 09:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone would look sill y walking around town wearing shields in every slot.

"Mommy, what is that weird person doing?"
"Shush child, it is impolite to stare and point at them people"
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 09:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

King. You better only HQ one time per synth round...you might be using this exploit:0!! Reports you right meow
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 09:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Someone would look sill y walking around town wearing shields in every slot.

"Mommy, what is that weird person doing?"
"Shush child, it is impolite to stare and point at them people"
You can craft inside your mog house.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 09:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
As probably the worst thread spammer, your only reason to not be jumping for joy at the thought of something like this being fixed is that you're using it yourself. If that's not the case, you should be thrilled that the market is going to normalize.
There goes with the foil hat assumption I'm doing this lol. I don't care because I didn't even knew this was a thing. Hence I asked a GM about this not a foil hat like you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 09:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You clearly missed the point. People are equipping the same torque or shield 12-16 times using an exploit. This allows items that were previously at best 1/64~ hq rate to become 1/16~ and items that were previously at best 1/16~ hq rate to become 1/4~.
I'm sure you have evidence of people in the game wearing 12 Culinarian's Torques, right?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 09:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way the GMs know about it and SE. I'm just curious how they can figure out who's using it. I mean can they track our gear sets without examining? Sounds impossible. Either way they admitting it's a bug tells me it's their dev teams issue.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 09:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I'm sure you have evidence of people in the game wearing 12 Culinarian's Torques, right?
No 15.5
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-01-18 09:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Most likely 12, when I tested it I didn't check if weapon/main/range/ammo were treated differently. But yea, that's what's going on.

Quote:

Gearswap doesn't natively allow it to the best of my knowledge(I'm an ashita user, so I know the packets involved but not how people were accomplishing it). Even if it was only through gearswap, a gearswap patch wouldn't be an adequate solution as it could still be done through personal addons. It's really not that complicated for anyone with a basic understanding of lua(or c++ through ashita). It needs to be fixed on SE's end.

I was thinking maybe something hard wired into Windower itself, that an addon couldn't get around.

Also, if someone with a Kupo Shield did this, they'd have an overall HQ rate of ~33% to make Jinxed bodies, if they started with making the base bodies from scratch.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 09:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/79183

Posted by someone unrelated to me a few days ago. Upon seeing, I made a fresh mule on a unique IP and tested packet modification to see if it could be done or was just a display glitch of some sort. I was able to equip 12 white belts and gain 12 str.

No, I do not have specific names nor proof people are using it for crafting. If they only do it in their mog house as anyone smart should, it would be near impossible for anyone but SE to prove. However, the fact this person slipped up in combination with the ridiculous influx of HQs makes it a very strong probability.

Quote:
I was thinking maybe something hard wired into Windower itself, that an addon couldn't get around.

Also, if someone with a Kupo Shield did this, they'd have an overall HQ rate of ~33% to make Jinxed bodies, if they started with making the base bodies from scratch.
Could be done with ashita. Hell, I could hook packets in vanilla POL and accomplish it in a matter of 2-3 hours. I'm sure others know how to program well enough that no client side solution will fix this.

Quote:
Either way the GMs know about it and SE. I'm just curious how they can figure out who's using it. I mean can they track our gear sets without examining? Sounds impossible. Either way they admitting it's a bug tells me it's their dev teams issue.
Odds are packet logs are kept for several weeks and they can be examined retroactively. Obviously anyone who tries to keep inappropriate gear on at the time it's patched will be nailed extremely easily.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 09:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I would for one expect the person making these accusations to show evidence of such foul play, instead of trying to connect certain events to other certain events and hope the reader makes the logical leap of faith for them.

Hell, I would have expected this to occur in the original post!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 09:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted by someone unrelated to me a few days ago. Upon seeing, I made a fresh mule on a unique IP and tested packet modification to see if it could be done or was just a display glitch of some sort. I was able to equip 12 white belts and gain 12 str.

No, I do not have specific names nor proof people are using it for crafting. If they only do it in their mog house as anyone smart should, it would be near impossible for anyone but SE to prove. However, the fact this person slipped up in combination with the ridiculous influx of HQs makes it a very strong probability.

Quote:

Could be done with ashita. Hell, I could hook packets in vanilla POL and accomplish it in a matter of 2-3 hours. I'm sure others know how to program well enough that no client side solution will fix this.

Quote:
Odds are packet logs are kept for several weeks and they can be examined retroactively. Obviously anyone who tries to keep inappropriate gear on at the time it's patched will be nailed extremely easily.

Wow lol plus name magic shop. They're ***
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 10:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Then report the bug to SE and moveon.org

Bitching about it on a 3rd party hack website isn't going to earn you any favors here.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming this is in SEs bug thread already?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Then report the bug to SE and moveon.org

Bitching about it on a 3rd party hack website isn't going to earn you any favors here.
Facts.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 10:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SE moves slowly. If the information is out in the open where many people are able to exploit it, they have to act faster. This increases the chance packet logs are recent enough to catch those using it.

I couldn't give less of a ***what you or even the community think about it, though it seems more people are glad I posted it than you and Draken. As stated in OP, it's for exposure.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 10:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SE moves slowly. If the information is out in the open where many people are able to exploit it, they have to act faster. This increases the chance packet logs are recent enough to catch those using it.

I couldn't give less of a ***what you or even the community think about it, though it seems more people are glad I posted it than you and Draken. As stated in OP, it's for exposure.
All you just did was expose this exploit for more people to exploit it.

BRB, going to put on 12 Torques so I can HQ the ***out of these Chiefkabobs! That will teach them!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Man you're a foil hat and can't read. As stated before negative nancy "I don't care hell I didn't even know it was a thing." I understand you like bros cumming on you at you etc (comeatmebro) but I don't swing that way. Please login to moveon.org and report this to SE bug thread.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

All you just did was expose this exploit for more people to exploit it.

BRB, going to put on 12 Torques so I can HQ the ***out of these Chiefkabobs! That will teach them!
The insanity!
[+]
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13