High Tier Accuracy - How In The World?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » High Tier accuracy - How in the world?
High Tier accuracy - How in the world?
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2017-01-17 16:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after fighting the Resn Tier 3 NMs, I've noticed one major issue: Accuracy. Looking at the BG pages, there are notes of 1900 - 2000+ accuracy requirements for melee and would assume MACC is in the same ballpark. The main question becomes this: How in the blue blazes are these figures even possible? After doing some research on the different accuracy bonuses and buffs, which I will note below:

GEO (Idris capped skill) Precision/Stat: +100 ACC / +45 DEX or AGI (+33.75 ACC)
BRD GHorn(Songs +4 5/5 Madrigal) +63 ACC
COR Hunter's Roll (W/RNG and +5 Ring) +90 ACC
WHM Boost (Stat) +25 DEX/AGI (+18.75 ACC)
Escha Voreseals (ACC / ACC++ / DEX/AGI) +77 ACC / 22 DEX/AGI (+16.5ACC)
Food: Sublime Sushi +1 +105 ACC

With all that in mind, that grants +504 Accuracy. Meaning for a base TP set, 1496 Accuracy would be required without any buffs in order to possibly cap against the highest noted mobs. Even taking into account the Evasion dropping effects like Feint, Distract III, Quickstep, and Geo/Indi-Torpor, that would only be about a -160ish drop to evasion. And to be able to make that possible, An obscene number of supports would be required so realistically is just don't add up, as most groups will use two GEO and maybe a COR.

So my overall question would be: How in the world are people hitting these obscene levels of Accuracy? Is there some kind of trick that I'm just not seeing or know of? I know most groups will just BST Zerg targets like these, but the groups I work with, we don't have that many BSTs/PUPs/SMNs to throw at these things. Even trying MB/Burst elements, resists are just nuts to the point where it don't matter what's thrown, it don't seem to make a difference. Anyone care to share on these ideas?
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-17 16:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The pages are out of date (those numbers are pre patch), but even so it's still possible to hit those numbers. Bolster Precision/Torpor is +200 accuracy and -200 mob evasion. Soul Voice Madrigalx2/Honor March is something like +266 accuracy. So from those two jobs alone you're sitting at +666 accuracy. Some jobs can get 1500 accuracy in their high accuracy swaps and such without any vorseals.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-17 16:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I shall research this
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-17 16:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Javarr said: »
An obscene number of supports would be required so realistically is just don't add up, as most groups will use two GEO and maybe a COR.
A lot of the time where a large chunk of accuracy is required, BRD is a commonly brought job, even if just as an outside buffer.

Anyway, that 1900-2000 figure for Reisen T3s is very wrong. You could cap hit rate on Maju at 1800 accuracy before the AGI:Evasion update. Now it's somewhere around 1650-1700; don't have a closer number since I haven't gone and retested hit rate post-update.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-17 16:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Several jobs get accuracy traits (Ranger comes to mind) and most DD jobs get accuracy bonus gifts through job points. I still have one more ranged accuracy gift to unlock in Ranger job points, but my high accuracy set sits at 1456 accuracy before food.

But the bigger point is that numbers of 2000 total accuracy simply aren't needed any more. I would imagine (I phrase it this way because I'm on RDM or BLM for our T4 and HELM in Reisen, we have better DD than me by far lmao) that even in the most evasive you're really only looking at a total needed accuracy of around 1800.

We also ALWAYS use a RDM in our melee setups for Elemental Seal/Saboteur Distract III. Do not forget this while you're piling on the Buffs!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-17 17:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the big Aeonic dudes have less evasion. Pre-bracelts WoC, manticore-phase Kirin, and Onychphora are easier to hit than some of the others. I don't have numbers though.

Also the stat (DEX/AGI, etc) vorseals are 3/per, so DEX would go to +33, or +66 with Fortitude. Having Fortitude active is extremely helpful for meleeing since you're able to get an extra 101.75 accuracy if you have everything capped.

If you're using Soul Voice, you're probably using Clarion Call as well, so you can add SV Uncanny Etude for another 40 DEX (30 acc). You'd also be using Troubadour, so unless you get dispelled, that's up to nearly 12 minutes of +300 accuracy (adding in the extra DEX from BRD empy set bonus).