users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Robel-Akbel trust
Robel-Akbel trust
 Leviathan.Cumincustard
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Cumincustard 2017-01-16 11:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone seen Robel-Akbel stop nuking on various mobs? From what I can see it might be related to mob level or a weird glitch we both got.

My wife and I were spamming the Ambuscade flan on normal. Everything was going great he was MBing our sc and we were winning fairly quick considering our gear. Well, that's where it went a little weird. We moved to Difficult and he stopped nuking only stunning sometimes. Happened on both my wife character and mine.

No big deal although it was odd. We went back to normal and he started working again. We decided to go and get some job points on crawlers same thing happened on those. He just wouldn't nuke. Only stun.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this behavior from this trusts or others.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-16 11:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

As a long time PUP, and knowing that trust AI often has roots in what they did with automatons, I suspect this is due to this trust using the same logic on the puppet Scanner attachment (or built into BLM automaton head). What that does is compare the mob stats to the caster, and not cast if the chance of a resist is too high. In practice, sometimes this means the puppet will cast nothing (or just enfeebles).

Sounds very much like your Robel issue, so I would guess they repurposed the PUP scanner logic for him. I'm willing to bet that on easier targets Robel won't have this issue, which is consistent with you running into the problem when bumping up the ambuscade difficulty.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-01-16 11:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Have seen Robel-Akbel run out of MP each time he is called. lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Cumincustard
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Cumincustard 2017-01-16 12:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
As a long time PUP, and knowing that trust AI often has roots in what they did with automatons, I suspect this is due to this trust using the same logic on the puppet Scanner attachment (or built into BLM automaton head). What that does is compare the mob stats to the caster, and not cast if the chance of a resist is too high. In practice, sometimes this means the puppet will cast nothing (or just enfeebles).

Sounds very much like your Robel issue, so I would guess they repurposed the PUP scanner logic for him. I'm willing to bet that on easier targets Robel won't have this issue, which is consistent with you running into the problem when bumping up the ambuscade difficulty.

Pretty much exactly our issue. We went to farm leaches for key items and he nukes there. Thanks for the info!

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Have seen Robel-Akbel run out of MP each time he is called. lol

yea if he uses the wrong ws he runs out of mp a lot.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-16 12:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What that does is compare the mob stats to the caster, and not cast if the chance of a resist is too high. In practice, sometimes this means the puppet will cast nothing (or just enfeebles).

This is exactly what is happening. You can also observe this type of behavior in other trusts, like Koru, who normally dispel and such monsters. However, they have a macc check, just like other checks, and if their stats are below a certain threshold, they won't bother using it. There are times where Qultada will not use light shot, because he knows it won't land. If you give him focus or some form of macc, he'll start using it. Its just the way they were coded so as not to waste abilities/MP on stuff that would be ineffective.

edit: also this is the reason why the lines are so long? =P
Quote:
My wife and I were spamming the Ambuscade flan on normal.